Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on August 17, 2013
I read a little TMCM in the past and then a strip here and there. I thought it would be fun to read all of TMCM. I was a little disappointed.

The story of the TMCM story takes up a decent amount of the book and is mostly a narcissistic filler. Some of the shorter stories are entertaining. The artwork is OK. The longer stories do not have much depth - did not expect much depth from TMCM. The plots are repetitive.

I am a little more than half way through the book and decided to put it on the shelf for a while. I want to finish the book and will pick it up when some time has passed.

This book includes almost all of TMCM. Decent price....
on June 16, 2014
A large collection of Shannon's past comic strips. For a "comic" book it took quite a while to finish it too. Lots of strips examining the human condition in what is usually represented as an urban environment. There are strips exploring common fears of fitting in and trying achieve success and recognition. Other strips are satirical about the nature of relationship or poignant about dealing with existential angst. Mostly they are about the TMCM character who is neurotic, probably from excessive coffee consumption, and how he deals with daily trials and tribulations. Some of the other characters like Too Much Expresso man and Too Much German White Chocolate woman with Almonds are delightful.

Viewing the artwork also reminded me of R. Crumb, with the over the top character renditions and with the occasional experimental graphics: odd perspectives, random shapes, repetitive elements, frames merging into each other and so on. I like that because it is innovative and it shows the artist striving for something beyond the mundane.

I first saw this comic in the beginning of the internet and forgot about it until it showed up as an Amazon recommendation. Being on dial up for a long time was a disincentive for downloading anything large, but that was then. Glad I bought it and the price is a bargain for such a large book. It's an easy way to catch up to all his contributions.
on February 20, 2014
I took this book on a car camping trip last fall and found Shannon Wheelers opinion of life spot on. If you like the Onion, Zippy or Funny Times, this is for you. It may take several cups of coffee to make it through this rather large book.
on May 28, 2014
I haven't read the whole book yet , but so far everything I've seen I've liked . I might not have agreed exactly with everything I've read , however I can feel the tremendous amount of work that went into this . As with 12 Years a Slave , by Solomon Northup , unfortunately , Hell makes a good story , maybe , at least somewhat . So far so good .
on September 20, 2011
Shannon is an observer of the human condition. His strips shift from funny, to subtle social commentary, to relishing in absurdity. You'll sink into his work and while the volume levels stay the same, you never know what kind of song you're going to next. I enjoy the man, I celebrate his life and his entire catalog.
on September 20, 2011
If you are a fan of Shannon Wheeler's work for the New York Times, a longtime fan of Wheeler's brand of humor, a coffee addict, or just a fan of comic work that isn't the typical superhero punch-kick adventures that seem to dominate the comics field then the Too Much Coffee Man Omnibus is for you! This book collects five of the most unique and poignantly funny graphic compendiums of the last two decades, giving fans and new readers alike a great view of why Shannon Wheeler is an award-winning cartoonist and satirist. There are even liner notes and commentary by Shannon Wheeler himself accompanying each section, giving readers an insight into everything from Shannon's mindset while working on the comics to his approach to some of his trademark humor! At 500+ pages you can not go wrong with purchasing the TMCM Omnibus!

Too Much Coffee Man Omnibus
on September 20, 2011
When this monstrosity of a book arrived at my doorstep I knew I was in for the ride of my life. At over 600 pages I had my reading cut out for me, But after a week of reading and 73 cups of coffee later I was finished and I was moved. This book which spans 20 years worth of Too Much Coffee Man stories had me laughing my over caffeinated ass off throughout the entire book. You will laugh you will cry, you will hate life and then love it. Do yourselves a favor and pick up this book. I'm serious, do it now before they put the "Eisner Award Winning" logo on the front.
on April 30, 2012
This is a big book, in both senses of the word.
There are lots of laughs to be had throughout it's compendium of classic funny tpbs.
on February 12, 2013
Must buy! Over 500 pages of comics for the price of 250. Doesn't come with coffee nor cigarettes but I still think it's a pretty neat.
on August 4, 2014
It has all the things! I am so pleased by this magnum opus. A+++ would buy again.