Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on February 22, 2010
I recently purchased this book for my four year old.
She absolutely loves it!
Anyone who has a preschooler knows how finicky they can be about what they are wearing. My daughter could completely relate to the little girl in the book.
The illustrations are adorable and crack my daughter up laughing. Especially the turtle sidekick who mimics the little girl's opinion
about her clothes.
Too Purpley is a perfect book for children in nursery school, preschoolers and young children.
The best part is that my daughter is able to "read" it herself after only having it read to her once because the pictures depict exactly what the little girl in the book is saying....with lots of expression!
on September 19, 2015
My 4 yr old cracks up whenever we read this because she is the kind of child that knows what she wants and that's what this book is
I think it's best for 4 or younger because it's like a few words each oage
on April 17, 2013
Inexplicably, my kindergartener begged me for this book until I couldn't take it any longer and gave in. She loves this simple, silly book - and is proud that she can read it herself. She's a mini-fashionista, but not terribly concerned about sensory issues such as scratchiness of clothing. It does, however, have to be just right for her fashion sense and mood of the day. I'm glad she enjoys this simple story. The pictures are pretty cute, I'll admit.
on February 15, 2014
My little granddaughter liked this book so much that we order it for our other little granddaughter!
We read them over and over again! We bought "Too Princessy" becasue they loved this one soo much.
on February 11, 2013
I am returning this book. It is not interesting or fun to read...actually it is TOO annoying. I bought it for a 6 year old and I believe she would not enjoy this book at all............. could have been more of a story.... like Pinkalisious, etc.
I would not recommend this book at all
on January 7, 2011
Both my 2 year old and my 5 year old niece(who is learning how to read) loves this book, and I do too! It's an easy read and not too long where you lose their attention when putting them to be at night.
on July 16, 2013
Too Purpley is a cute children's book. Too Purpley is about a girl who doesn't like what her mother picks out for her to wear. Finally she finds the perfect outfit. I'm sure a lot of parents and children can identify with this book. I know that when I was a kid, I was horribly picky about what I wanted to wear. I wouldn't wear dresses or anything frilly. The illustrations are adorable. I like the turtle. It wears everything that the girl wears. The turtle also helps her when her clothes are uncomfortable. I'm excited to read the next book in the series, Too Princessy. I recommend this book for girls three and older.
on September 5, 2013
My daughter got this book at a bookfair in Kindergarten. She absolutely loves it. It is very short, but has fun illustrations that always start a discussion. She is starting to read, and pretends to read this book, as the illustrations make it easy to remember what each page says. Fun, vibrant colors and cute illustrations make this book a winner!
on July 29, 2010
The opening double spread picture encapsulates this story of a little girl who cannot decide which clothing she will wear. She sees her mother approaching her buried under a pile of clothing and yells, "Not these clothes!" Everything is "too purpley, too tickly, too puckery, too prickly" until she finally ends up with the "just right" outfit. Minimal story will appeal to many young girls. The clever illustrations that were created using Adobe Illustrator are cute and expressive and will work for a group story time.
on January 28, 2012
Our daughter "picked" this book out at a book store when she was a little over a year old. She instantly LOVED it ... to the point where she had to sleep with it at night in her crib. She is now 19 months old and still loves to read Too Purpley. She has started to mimic saying the words in the book, in particular the first page "Not These Clothes!"

As a mom, it's a fun, short book that I don't mind reading over and over again. When we first got her the book her attention span limited the books we could read to her because she constantly wanted to turn the page. We could only read stories with a few words on each page so she could quickly turn the page and this book was perfect for that. We have since bought Too Pickley and she loves that book too (possibly even more!).