5.0 out of 5 stars Panic Does Vegas
Published 11 months ago by e.chiapet

3.0 out of 5 stars How much do you like P!ATD
I kind of liked the first album, loved the second, and tolerate the third disc. This disc is between a fever you can't sweat out and vices. It's more like Fever than vices, but nothing like Pretty Odd.
Published 11 months ago by techie1974

5.0 out of 5 stars Panic Does Vegas, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
To be completely honest, yes, this album doesn't sound like the "rock" and "pop punk" that Panic! is known for. It's exactly what the band has been saying it is, an tribute to their Vegas Roots. This album sounds very popish, and not very polished, and a lot more 80's inspired than anything else. It's exactly what Panic! At the Disco is known for, not being confined to one music style. It sounds like Las Vegas. I personally love the sound of it, and my personal favorite song is This is Gospel. It's nothing like what you would expect from them, then again, if you've been following the band or are at least a fan of their music you'd know that what you expect is exactly what they don't give you. (Need I refer to the drastic style change between A Fever You Can't Sweat Out and Pretty Odd and then once again for Vices and Virtues?)

Basically, I love it already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Longtime fan!, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
Looking back on their first album, this is drastically different. There were almost techno influences on this album. 8/10, would buy again, especially to support this band!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for you or as a gift now!, November 28, 2013
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
Excellent! Each song moves into the next one flawlessly and at the same time are unique. You can find your mood easily: dancing, slow dancing, listening and everything in between. This is the first album I buy from them after following their work based on what is played on the radio. An extremely pleasant surprise and I love following them on twitter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Panic! is known for dramatic changes, and this is no different., October 8, 2013
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
I've have been a fan since they began, and so what I (and their many fans) have become accustomed to is a completely new sound between albums. Fever, Pretty. Odd., Vices & Virtues, and now this album surely prove that, but this new album, in my opinion, has lost some of that true Panic!. Deep, complicated lyrics and beautiful melodies have been replaced by autotune and the pain of a band who has fallen apart. (Read Brendon's article in Alt Press, and you'll know what I'm talking about.)

HOWEVER, I understand this band has been through quite a bit, and with Spencer on leave from the band at the moment, and through most of the production, listeners can (and will) hear the tremendous amount of emotion in the lyrics Brendon has put together.

This Is Gospel is a personal favorite, with gems like Casual Affair and The End Of All Things not far behind. I recommend you give it a listen before buying if you're not into a pop-punk-80's sound. I, myself, am glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Album, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
I have loved PATD for years, and this album was no exception. It is a lot more electronic than any other one, but it's still great to listen to. I use it to work out, all of the songs have a great energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
This is a good cd, the sound is a little different from their usual stuff, but it's awesome! Recommend for fans of PATD and alternative music.

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC!!!, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
Some of their best music yet! And the digital download was a great bonus! Would definitely recommend for lovers of their first CD.

3.0 out of 5 stars How much do you like P!ATD, October 15, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars "This Is Gospel For The Fallen Ones", October 9, 2013
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
My take on Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! is new sound meets old. There's fairly more use of synthesizers than before but I'm guessing that's the Vegas feel. Therefore making it more pop and dance. This is mostly run by Brendon Urie who wrote half the songs on the album. It's a great effort.

The opening track "This is Gospel" states a powerful message that Brendon himself said he struggled to share with others at first. It has wonderful lyrics and it's one of the album's strongest moments. Now with "Ms. Jackson" that's a whole other level of greatness. This is the Panic! I love, this one is energetic and flawless. Lolo did an amazing job with the opening line. So far my favorite song is "Collar Full", I strongly recommend it. "Far To Young To Die" as got a great sound, bit of a moody song. "Vegas Lights" at first listening is great, the beginning of the song keeps your attention but it doesn't slightly give me that feeling that "Ms. Jackson" and "Collar Full" do. "Casual Affair" is another one I suggest.

I will say overall, a truly brilliant effort, I've been a fan of Panic! for seven years and I'm proud of the fact that they continue to consistently release great albums no matter how many members they have, they still haven't lost themselves, there sound, and most of all where they came from.

5.0 out of 5 stars The case and cd came in perfect condition. I could track my order so I ..., July 29, 2014
This review is from: Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! (Audio CD)
The case and cd came in perfect condition. I could track my order so I knew exactly where it was.

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!
Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! by Panic! at the Disco (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies