Customer Discussions > Dead Space 3 forum

Too action-oriented.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2012 5:45:33 PM PDT
Catalyst says:
I don't think i'll be purchasing this game. The combat and atmosphere is completely lacking what made the first good.
Combat rolls? Machine guns? Human enemies?

It's really a shame, as the series was quite good.
Thoughts?

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:31:22 PM PDT
i have the same feeling but i really dont mind issacs skills have evolved and the story goes deeper. the first is "i have no idea wtf these things are and im just trying to survive" the second: "oh crap not this again, but im ready" the third: "COME AT ME BRO!!!" as long as the story is good and the gameplay is solid i dont mind the change in direction.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:00:17 PM PDT
nooo says:
I'm extremely skeptical about it, but I'm going to keep an eye on it, in case there is some redeeming quality

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 4:46:17 PM PDT
I agree, I'm a bit worried especially because co-op was introduced, even though I know that you aren't required to play it with a partner, I know for a fact that I will (because if they include it, why would you ignore it?), so it won't be as scary as Dead Space one or two. However, there are scenarios where I believe this mechanic could work. For example, splitting the two co-op partners up. This could make for an interesting experience, where both people are talking to one another yet are experiencing two separate surprise-filled instances. That way you could still get the benefit of a cooperative experience without the reduced lack of staple gameplay you've come to expect. Of course, after certain actions (such as turning on the power to gain access to an elevator) the two partners would meet up again. Of course, boss fights would be completely different: but both people would have to work together in a unique way in order to take down the boss. You would also have to increase difficulty, because then there would really be no point in playing alone. I think there are a lot of things the developers could do with this coop mechanic, which is evident in the gameplay they've already introduced. Let's cross our fingers until the game is released.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 12:42:58 AM PDT
"Discover underworld cities and accept side missions. Explore the frozen terrain and search abandoned encampments"

Im sure they will make plenty of opportunities to put the terror in you.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 7:59:05 AM PDT
Wow people bitch and moan about everything.

You can play the game w/o a coop partner and its going to feel as creepy as the previous two.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 9:10:45 AM PDT
gmerdude says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 4:54:41 AM PDT
nooo says:
The biggest offense is replacing tough but vulnerable Ellie with Generic dudebro John Carver.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:50:17 AM PDT
NCGuy says:
I don't like the idea of running around with AI partner like in RE5 if I am not playing co-op.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 7:20:56 AM PDT
jagocr says:
I won't preorder like I did before, I'll wait for the price to decrease and for some reviews before jumping in. I'm really skeptical about it as it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 1:07:28 AM PDT
rob damage says:
Your statement is false.
http://beefjack.com/news/dead-space-3-to-have-optional-dungeons-dismemberment-of-humans/

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:10:41 PM PDT
Eirik Raude says:
why so much trolling ? how about if we get our hands on it first then we troll....

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:56:09 AM PST
Cody Rosa says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 11:48:57 AM PST
Dead Space 2 was exactly like Resident Evil 4. Had some pretty nice horror elements (Running out of ammo and health packs when I was in the middle of the Ishimura...), and some really nice action elements which I really loved. But now, Dead Space 3 is going to be like Resident Evil 5, which just plain sucked. You could have all the ammo in the world, and not a bit of scares in the game. Good bye Dead Space, you had something real nice going for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 12:35:52 AM PST

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 3:23:40 PM PST
I don't get how some are saying this doesn't fit into the mold of Dead Space and all that when it seems to be staying true to its roots (from what the devs have shown and given us to see). The first Dead Space is probably going to be the one everyone loves because it had a great blend of horror and action that's atmosphere really unnerved you as the player. Since Isaac was silent, we really got to take in the ambiance of isolation and truly feel like we were alone with no possibility of surviving. The game captured exactly what it needed to; an unknown enemy with a guy who was only an engineer now having to fight his way out. That's how the first game should be.

The second game was more action-oriented because Isaac now knows who his enemy is and who he has to face. Why make him the same way in the first game for the second when he's been through this before but now it's more spread out? Sure it wasn't as scary as the first, but I don't think the second game could ever be because it's all familiar. However, I think what was brilliant was getting to see the dementia taking over in time and what those who have been exposed to the marker have to deal with. Not to mention, you get to uncover just how messy the Marker Conspiracy is/was and I think it was a job well done. Isaac's voice and tone fit a man who was tortured by his past and trying to run from it until he realized he had to face it. He had the key to destroying the Marker. The supporting cast was great as well.

Sure, Carver is going to be the partner and he can seem to be like a typical 'bro', but we don't know what exactly he'll be like yet. We know he's also going to be suffering from dementia and having to deal with it while in the game. It's an interesting strategy and storytelling idea that can either go bad or work really well for it. This is no longer about the unknown with the Necromorphs and is now about trying to find a way to stop the infestation from taking over the universe completely. It's no longer about survival on a plane where you're alone, but now survival for the human race. Sooner or later, Isaac was going to have to face the Unitologists since they've been a huge part of the plot throughout the series.

Overall, it fits the evolution of Isaac and his adventure over time but the reality is we don't know what it's going to be like until it comes out. If you're hesitant on the game wait to read a few reviews and see what you think then. Personally, I'm excited for co-op and am getting it when it comes out.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 1:43:00 PM PST
people need to stop comparing this to resident evil. that game lets us down but I highly doubt this game will be a total disappointment. and I can already see the reviews: NOT DEAD SPACE, 1 star reviews because people never stop complaining. And as for co op its interesting that both seem to have illusions like in dead space 1 and 2 and what one person sees in not what the other sees.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:35:04 PM PST
John Oliver says:
Too much shooting.. I remember having to beat the **** out of the necromorphs in the first game which is what probaby made it scary for me - the fact that your ammo was scarce and you had to face your enemies head on. Also, there was a mix of getting swamped with enemies and then those periods of silence. The longer the silence went, the more nervous you got hahah

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:03:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:31:23 PM PST
I think a lot of you guys are complaining about things that aren't even in/out the game.. -_-

Also, what you are saying is that the horror element is the ONLY thing that made this game good? That's completely ridiculous. It will be awesome to play dead space coop. Looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:34:10 AM PST
It seems like people just want to have a reason to complain about a game. Usually it's because they have a product to slam (Dead Space 3) because the studio (Visceral) is under a certain publisher (EA) that people love to bag on. While I don't necessarily agree with the politics and business model that I've seen from the publisher, Visceral hasn't let me down with their products. I liked Dead Space 1 and 2 and I like what I have seen of Dead Space 3 so far.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:16:36 PM PST
C. Ramirez says:
Played the demo yesterday, it was great even with the Co op, the game still has the Dead space feel/atmosphere of the others. I can also say the gun crafting in the game is pretty cool, I thought I wasn't going to be a fan of it, but you can come up with some wicked combinations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:44:49 PM PST
Agreed. A lot of game studios get hooked on a publisher and then can't leave. EA wasn't always this evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:46:01 PM PST
Same here.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 9:31:21 AM PST
Nick says:
Well, from personal experience, since I have played the Dead Space 3 Demo on the Xbox, Dead Space 3 is actually very good, so far. Even though the demo isn't long for Dead Space 3, it is really good at showing off the new elements, and for all of you complaining about not enough scares, the game actually has a lot of unexpected scary moments just like Dead Space 1 and 2. So don't get all upset about it being the way you want it, because they Still have the Dead Space roots, just with more elements to make the game fresh and new for many players of the series.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 5:05:32 AM PST
Devi says:
EA, enough said. Dead Space Two required me to make an account with EA. Since it was a preorder I got special weapons and suits at the first store. About half way through the game my Xbox 360 took a crap and I had to send it in for repairs. While waiting I used my other Xbox 360. The message that popped up was that in order to use my suit and weapons that came with the EA account I would need to sign in on the original console to have access to those "special" items, which was impossible, or pay 14.99 for the suit and weapons I already had. I have since vowed to never play another EA game again. So far so good.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 3 forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space 3
Dead Space 3 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (495)