Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2011 10:14:48 PM PDT
S. E. Potts says:
I love my Kindle but I am going to stop buying Kindle books and read all the one's I currently have purchased. Kindle is no longer a good deal on its books. I can buy most of what is available on Kindle in paperback for less than a Kindle book. Yes the Kindle might be more convenient but the total cost no longer justifies it. Amazon has to use its purchasing power to get the prices down!

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 3:53:34 PM PDT
Fred Brisard says:
I agree; it's sad to see the greed of publishers. I will get this book in hardback cheaper than the kindle and pass it around to friends and eventually our local library.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2011 4:56:11 PM PDT
J. Stewart says:
Amazon tried to use its leverage to get prices down. It was even willing to take a loss on each e-book sale. The publishers blocked it and took them to court for refusing to sell their titles. Amazon blinked. This is all on the publishers, and Apple, not Amazon. And Apple's market cap makes Amazon look like a local mom-and-pop shop by comparison so they have much more leverage. Using purchasing power implies a free market where individual retailers negotiate the price they pay and set their own sale prices. Nothing about how it works now resembles that. Every retailer gets the e-book for he same price and they all sell it for the same price, set by the publishers.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 7:59:02 AM PDT
It is a shame that a Kindle book now costs more than a Hardback. If people were to stop buying I bet the publisher would "blink", of course your correct that would have to include the Apple customers as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 1:06:27 AM PDT
Oh well. Yes, the books are expensive. Yes, the publishers are ripping us off. However, we are also doing our little bit for the environment and forrests (hopefully) by purchasing e-books. Perhaps the publishers will eventually realize that the cost of producing e-books is significantly less than the cost of printing books. They certainly do not spend much on proof-reading e-books. So many typos, etc! Alas, I do not hold out much hope.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Race (Isaac Bell series Book 4)
The Race (Isaac Bell series Book 4) by Clive Cussler
4.3 out of 5 stars   (301)