Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Tool Magic - Rubber Coating for Jewelry Tools 2 fl oz
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Prevents tools from marring and scratching wire designs and metal coatings
- 100+ Applications per jar!
- Peel to remove -- doesn't harm tools!
- Made in USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
A few things I found when working with it:
- It works best with a single coating that has been left to dry overnight. If used before the coat is completely dried and cured it will not last as long.
- Some people say a double coat works better, but I found the coat then gets too thick and gets in the way of properly gripping fine materials.
- If taking normal care a single coat should last for several hours of work. I personally keep two sets of tools coated so I can switch if one loses its coating.
- This is not suitable for working with hard materials such as stainless steel. Too much force is needed to work with such materials and the ToolMagic coating will quickly give away under the pressure.
- Shake well before use and make sure to keep the jar closed properly when not dipping your tools, it dries out quickly. If necessary it can be thinned by adding just a bit of the solvent Xylene (available at any decent hardware store).
The controversial stuff:
- There are similar products such as Plasti Dip and Liquid Electrical Tape. These have a slightly different composition but may work just as well. Some say even better. Especially Plasti Dip seems to last longer.
- Compared to Plasti Dip and Liquid Electrical Tape, ToolMagic is rather expensive for such a small jar.
Nevertheless, it delivers as promised.
Hope this helps.
I tried one coat, dried overnight, and then one coat dried for nearly a week; no difference.
tried 2 coats, but that was overly thick, awkward to work with.
Thought maybe my tools were grubby, so I tried pre-cleaning the tools with soap & water (very well rinsed, dried overnight in warm, dry place). Tried pre-cleaning with alcohol, and with some ether pads I have for other reasons, & with acetone.
I dunno...maybe I got a defective jar?
(Ironically, the only time it seems to stay really tenaciously is when it's gotten so torn up I can't work with it, and I have to peel the remainder off. THAT sticks on just fine.)
I'm very disappointed, as the reviews here indicate it works well with light use. I even tried the double coat method some reviews mention and that seemed even worse, again an overnight dry and they stick together like it didn't dry 100%.
I don't know what to say, besides this stuff was an utter and complete waste of time and money and I would not recommend it even for the lightest of use- it simply does not work.
I would recommend this to all/any crafters that work with jewelry
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works to protect wire and at the same time protects the tools from certain types of misuse. Glad to add this to my workroom.Published 23 days ago by Helen Troy
Very strong smell and doesn't last long. I have to re-dip my tools nightly, It works for a short period of time and does prevent the tool marks in my jewelry, however, it starts... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jolene M. Nickerson
Works just like it says...surface ends up shiny, so grip is a little slippery or would have given 5 stars.Published 1 month ago by Ebron
Coating prevents marring but doesn't last long. It's great for a temporary solution but I would like a product where I'm not having to coat my plier tips each night so they are... Read morePublished 1 month ago by biochick24
good stuff if your'e working with wire, mine doesn't get marred as much anymore.Published 3 months ago by Shawna Broxey
It just makes my pliers dumb, as they aren't able to hold right and worst of all it might ruin your pliers as they won't close completely, I had great expectations for this product... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kimberley
This is a cool product. With my wire jewelry making the metal cuts through the coating this puts on my pliers. Unfortunately. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Teryl Wusstig
This stuff IS magic! I knew it would protect my findings and stones from marring as I worked on them, but I didn't realize how much FASTER I would be able to work. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kathryn S