5.0 out of 5 stars SLS-free & now no more canker sores
My kindergarten age son was struggling with frequent, painful canker sores & in doing some online research, I stumbled onto SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) as a potential cause. We bought this SLS-free toothpaste as a starting place.

Published 7 months ago by S. in CA

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
I got this for my 4 yr old son because he doesnt like the taste of toothpaste. Well, he doesnt like this one either. Its mild, but leaves an after taste
Published 15 months ago by Lyn

5.0 out of 5 stars SLS-free & now no more canker sores, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Toothpaste, Child Sparkle Berry Blast 5 oz (Health and Beauty)

Some reviewers on various sites have commented that their children hated the taste. It was the same in our household. The toddler cried so much we gave up with him since he doesn't have canker sores, but we told our older son he really had to stick with it. He was miserable about it initially but he was old enough to understand why he needed to hang in there.

After 2-3 weeks, he not only got used to the taste but he liked it. And no more canker sores. He had an overnight with grandparents & we forgot to send this toothpaste. He developed a canker sore within a day or two of using a name brand SLS-containing toothpaste. Once that healed & he was back on this toothpaste, no more canker sores. We are thrilled, needless to say, & are happy to report that he now likes the taste, having hung in there.

(I did not get it through Amazon because we didn't want to wait out the shipping delay once I did my online research, but I wanted to review it here in case others are searching for potential causes of canker sores in their kids, or themselves.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good flavor, December 30, 2012
I was looking for a xylitol toothpaste that my daughter would like to use since she doesn't like mint and this did the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xylitol - A Revolution in Oral Hygiene Care, September 1, 2008
Xylitol is a natural sugar-alcohol (from birch trees), that is sweet tasting, but cannot be metaboliszed by bacteria for food (and humans cannot metabolize it either). When bacteria feed on sugars in the mouth, they ingest them and produce acids, which dissolve the enamel and produce cavities. What is unique about Xylitol is that when bacteria ingest it, it does not provide any nourishment and the bacteria actually ingest it and starve to death. Over time, the bacterial die-off helps lower levels of disease-producing bacteria.

Frequent exposure to xylitol is essential. Therefore, brush 3-4 times per day, and in addition, use xylitol chewing gum in-between brushings (2-3 pieces a day between brushings) Spry (Peppermint) Xylitol Chewing Gum by xlear - 600 Count, Spry Xylitol Gum - Peppermint Flavor - 100 pieces

Recommended for better oral health.

konedog

4.0 out of 5 stars My 4 yr old likes the taste, May 30, 2010
My 4 yr old and husband like the fruity taste. As to whether Xylitol really helps prevent tooth decay, only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's berry smoothie time!, November 7, 2013
It's Berry Smoothie time!
My 6 year old loves this toothpaste. I wanted to phase him on to adult toothpaste but the store only had this one. I'm so glad we bought it, my son really enjoys its taste, which is very similar to a yummy berry smoothie. We were tired of the sponge bob stuff. Will definitely buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good compromise, October 12, 2013
LibraryPiper (Cleveland, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm torn about flouride use, overall, but on the advice of our dentist I did purchase a flouride-based toothpaste for our kids.

I like the fact that this product has flouride but without any extra undesired ingredients.

My 4-yr-old daughter loves the flavor, although my 3-yr-old son isn't as sure about it.

I alternate this product with the Redmond brand cinnamon toothpaste (flouride-free) and feel good about our kids' dental hygiene. Their dentist always praises the health of their teeth when he does their check-up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, June 6, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck!, May 26, 2013
My almost 5 year-old daughter does not like this product at all. I really wanted her to keep using it because it was so expensive, but even I can't stand the taste. Too bad I decided to stock up and bought 2 tubes. There goes $16.30 down the drain, AND to add insult to injury I just saw this same product at Whole Foods for much less than what I paid on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by our dentist and my 2 year old loves it, August 1, 2014
This toothpaste was recommended by our pediatric dentist as one of the best for kids. Has all the right ingredients and most importantly my 2 year old likes the taste of it.

Toothpaste, Child Sparkle Berry Blast 5 oz
$7.99 $6.68
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies