5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Planner & What To Expect
Published on March 2, 2012 by Spa Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit sparse...
Published on December 24, 2009 by Michael Osborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Planner & What To Expect, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Top 10 Dublin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides) (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my 76 year old Mom who is going abroad with some friends. Its her first trip to Europe and although she's excited she's a little apprehensive. I searched through many travel books and settled on this one and it appears to have done its job. The book provides nice pictures and good descriptions of places. Its very positive (some travel books can be too full of warnings) and the descriptions are well written to really give the traveler a good sense of what to see and do and "must sees". It also provides a good sense of walking distances and driving distances. While she won't have to worry too much about that since her friends are seasoned travelers and have that all taken care of, it still gives her a good idea of what to expect in terms of traveling by foot, train, car, etc. Not knowing can be adventurous, but at 76 a little predict is a little piece of mind.

If my Mom found everything she needed out of this book, I can very confidently recommend it for just about any traveler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, December 18, 2011
I got this for my honeymoon to Ireland in order to help my husband navigate Dublin. It was really helpful and led us to some really great places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my trip to Dublin worth it, October 24, 2011
I bought this book because I was going to go to Dublin on a tour of the UK and Ireland. I had no idea what to see in Dublin (besides the Guinness Brewery) and this book really helped me out. Even though I went on a tour where they took us to a lot of the major sites, it was still nice to get some more history of the places we went. It also made me get the most of my free days in the city as well. It gives a thorough and concise over view of the major sites and a brief history. Also great at finding what restaurants you should eat at and examples of how you can plan your day. The fold out maps are also great as well. A must have for anyone going to Dublin!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of best series of travel books..., January 30, 2010
JoJoBean (Providence Forge, VA) - See all my reviews
My husband and I travel frequently, and we ALWAYS buy a "Top 10" book if it's available. They're a wonderful shortcut to figuring out what you need to see in a short time without getting overwhelmed with details. They're also easy to carry in a purse and have a great map inside. I LOVE THESE GUIDES.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit sparse..., December 24, 2009
I travel often and this series (the TOP 10's) are generally go-to secondary books for me. In this case I was a bit underwhelmed by the details re: Dublin, but this may have been because it was covering a relatively small area of town overall. There's definitely enough to do in a weekend in Dublin, but to explore more of Ireland you'd want a different book anyway. As always, colorful, accurate, etc, but I'd have loved a few more off the beaten path additions to go with the obvious Top 10's.

Top 10 Dublin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
Top 10 Dublin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides) by Andrew Sanger (Paperback - January 19, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.01