4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read...
Published on August 4, 2008 by GRH "Ex WHA Jet"

3.0 out of 5 stars cool retrospective of english cars dad nay have had
I lived in G.B. in the mid 70's, and remember several of these cars. It is not very detailed, but is humorous. Has pictures of several marques and models very few in U.S. will be aware of, along with some basic technical information. A good book for basic but broad coverage of mostly mainstream English cars with witty commentary.
Published 10 months ago by Anthony Buford

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read..., August 4, 2008
This review is from: Top Gear: My Dad Had One of Those (Hardcover)
All in all, an enjoyable book. It is always interesting to view something from someone else's perspective; in this case, how the Brits view their father's mundane "daily drivers". Interesting to note how Ford products are viewed as somewhat boring, yet popular because products such as the Cortina and the Gran-Dad, er sorry, Granada, were reliable, durable, and stylish in that they copied their larger American cousins.
I found the Austin 1100 article to be of interest; that car was sold in Canada as the Austin America; in retrospect, it was far ahead of it's time; the current Nissan Versa seems to be an update of the Austin !!
It you buy this book, check out the Hillman Hunter photograph; the car is interesting but you'll see what I am referring to when you buy the book !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely nostalgic for those of a certain generation, September 12, 2009
Kevin Campbell (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Gear: My Dad Had One of Those (Hardcover)
This could be the perfect book to have in the smallest room of the house - assuming you're male, British, and at least 38 or so. If you have memories of family driving in the '70s and 80's then you'll find much to remind and delight in this slim volume.

A very well researched and produced collection of motoring memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Fun book and a great gift for Father's Day

3.0 out of 5 stars cool retrospective of english cars dad nay have had, March 24, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Dad! Someone stole my book!, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Top Gear: My Dad Had One of Those (Hardcover)
I purchased for our shop coffee table -- It walked out the door after only a few weeks and I never had the chance to look at it.

Top Gear: My Dad Had One of Those
Top Gear: My Dad Had One of Those by Giles Chapman (Hardcover - October 1, 2008)
$19.95 $17.94