Published on June 23, 2005 by David Albers

2.0 out of 5 stars Helpful but unrealistic
As a financial advisor who built his book partially from cold-calling, it was refreshing to see that somebody else understands that it is a powerful business builder. However, a lot of what I read appeared to be unrealistic. For example, the author claims to coldcall everyday, yet, has been in the business for 20 plus years and limits his practice to 50 households.
Published on June 2, 2006 by Ryan W. Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold Calling is Still the weapon of choice in the 21st Ceuntury, June 23, 2005
This review is from: Top Gun Prospecting for Financial Professionals (Hardcover)
I read this book in one sitting. I think it is remarkable, not for the techniques (nothing new), but that cold calling is so highly endorsed by someone who specializes in the high roller client base. I believe that the financial services field is the Army Ranger unit of professional selling. These guys make their living off a group of people extremely savvy and resistant to sales people.

His motivation is remarkable and made me want to get back on the phone. I appreciate his staightforward style and his comparison of cold calling with other techniques such as seminar selling and mail out leads.

I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Helpful but unrealistic, June 2, 2006

ARRAY(0xa0c9e6a8)

Top Gun Prospecting for Financial Professionals
Top Gun Prospecting for Financial Professionals by D. Scott Kimball (Hardcover - October 1, 2003)
Used & New from: $1.07