Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Top 10 Iceland (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 17, 2013
The best thing about DK Eyewitness guides usually is the rich visual experience you get from tons of beautiful photographs along with interesting facts and all sorts of information about the places you're planning to visit. Not so with this guide. I bought the Kindle version for my iPad and it has to be the most disappointing guidebook purchase I've ever made.

Virtually no photos.This is not inspiring me to travel to Iceland - I need to see where I'm going! Enlarge the few that are included and they're low resolution and very fuzzy. Many are not much bigger than a postage stamp! Website information for attractions is given, but if you want to use this guidebook offline when you're traveling, that's not much use unless you have internet access.

Considering the richness of most good travel apps, this is very poor. Considering the beauty and richness of hardcopy DK Eyewitness guides, (I just counted my collection, I have 15 and they are all amazing) this guide should not even carry the name.

Pull your socks up Dorling Kindersley - you need to live up to your own tag line "The guides that show you what others only tell you" which I noticed is absent from this guide.
on February 9, 2013
Eyewitness Travel puts out a great product. I have used these guides all over the world. The books are full of pictures which I think is helpful. The Iceland guide is much smaller than some of the others, but I think that is just because Iceland is not a big place. We now have our summer trip all planned; I am very happy with this guide.
on February 21, 2013
Top 10 Iceland is a concise and useful resource to bring along on your trip to Iceland. I took this book for quick information on all the sites I wanted to see. Information is easily found in this book and the pull out map is a great addition.
If you want more in-depth info on Iceland you'll need to look elsewhere such as Lonely Planet Iceland which has more info including history and more detailed descriptions.
Iceland is beautiful and this book will get you to all the best sites.
on July 8, 2013
This book is a very handy little pocket guide. It has maps of the city and countryside so no need to carry bigger, bulkier maps. It divides the island into easily workable sections and describes all of the sites (with photos) to see in each area. We stayed all nights in Reykyvik and took day trips from there (did not have time to see the north-maybe another trip). The book even divided and listed (Top 10) sites by interest; example: top 10 beaches, top 10 wildlife viewing and so forth. Great little book!!
on February 13, 2013
This guidebook is a great way to see the highlights of Iceland. It was a perfect starting point for planning a trip to Iceland--it helped me determine what was there, and what I wanted to see--without too many details to get bogged down in. However, I ended up also needing to do a fair bit of internet research to plan out the specifics of the actual trip. For a short trip to Iceland, or as a starting point, this was a great guidebook to use on my trip. The format was easy to read, and the pull-out map from the back was incredibly helpful.
on November 13, 2013
Great overview of the top things to see if you are in Iceland. We were only there for a quick stop off and it was tremendously helpful before we even went. We used it to outline what we wanted to do each day and the trips they recommended and then I went on line and booked things like The Grand Circle tour, a trip to the Blue Lagoon etc. Wonderful photos are included as is usual for Eyewitness Guides.
on July 20, 2013
I bought this as a 99 pence offer for my Kindle, so I can't complain, you get what you pay for! The maps are tiny and I cannot find a way to enlarge them. The 'colour' photographs are of course black and white on my Kindle. As usual with a Kindle, it is not easy to flick from one page to another. However, it seems packed with useful information, if only you can find it!
on March 24, 2013
I like this book the only problem I find is all the photos are so small I was disappointed in that.
It's well formatted and I find my way around and to the books credit there are some larger photos that cover both pages.
on April 24, 2013
This is an A-1 travel book on Iceland. The photos are wonderful and so are the descriptions. The covers fold out as maps and there's also a paper map to remove. I LOVE this book. It's a great size for travel as well.
on December 25, 2012
Iceland is a pretty small country, so this is a very helpful and rough guide to the region (perfect size too). My husband and I were there for 5 days and got a lot of stuff done around the Reykjavik area. Very clear descriptions of things to do, with great pictures!