Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Top Shelf Living - 12-inch By 16-inch Baking Stone
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 18, 2013
First of all, the baking stone is gorgeous. Definitely something I would leave out on the counter.

More IMPORTANTLY it cooks really nicely. Pizzas brown nicely and stay warm while being served because the stone stays warm for a long time. I also experimented baking cookies on it. The cookies puffed up and looked a little crackly like you'd see in a bakery. The cookies on the metal baking sheet were flat and unimpressive looking, so I discovered a way to make non-gourmet cookies look gourmet. What's not to love?
on January 5, 2014
I love this stone's performance. The oven in my apartment is of 1970's vintage and getting the bottom of anything to brown is rare. But with the soapstone baking stone cookies and breads are all browned beautifully, both top and bottom. The soapstone is easy to use. Just a little cooking spray on the surface for bread is perfect and the clean up is just a simple "wipe it up." Cookies are evenly lightly browned on top and bottom. And, most importantly, the flavor is top notch. Kudos for this soapstone product for both performance and flavor!!
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2014
This is a really nice stone and it retains heat well. Since it is an actual stone be aware of the weight, it is heavy! This can make it more difficult to move on the oven rack (especially when hot) than my old traditional pizza stone. This has a nice color but did stain the first time I used it from the pizza grease that overflowed onto it throughout cooking. Also, I recommend heating the stone then putting the food on it, we heated the stone and pizza together once (as it says you can) and the dough completely stuck to it.
on April 25, 2014
I have used this stone a lot since I bought it - the first thing I made on it was Baguettes and they came out nice and crisp on the bottom. I just leave the stone in my oven at all time on the lowest rack and when I use it just move it to an upper rack. Plus it looks beautiful.
on January 20, 2015
I've used this a handful of times to make pizza and bread. I haven't had any problems with it cracking like some other reviewers have mentioned. I do leave it in the oven to cool while the oven is cooling as well so maybe the fact that it's cooling at a slower rate is preventing it from cracking. Mine is blue, but not as vivid as the pictures would have you believe. I purchased it for its function though and it performs as expected.

*update 3/22/15
I've used this about a dozen times in the past 4 months and it has a massive crack from one end to the other, lengthwise. It's on both sides of the stone and I fear it will be breaking in half any moment now. I am always very careful with it, letting it cool down gradually and easing it in and out of the oven so I have no clue what may have caused the crack. I will be contacting amazon, and hopefully will receive a replacement.
on March 24, 2015
I returned this baking stone since it had big chips around the edges. Either it wasn't packaged well or I got a second-hand return that someone else returned. I was very disappointed and decided that it wasn't worth reordering. I wanted it to work - the idea of soap stone for baking sounded great. I might consider buying soap stone bricks or tiles instead. There would be more control over cracking and breaking on smaller pieces. The color was quite a lot more pale green than this picture portrays.
on February 20, 2015
Well it is not the color show, but rather a dull grey. It came without instructions on how to season it or even mentioning thatthey HAVE to be seasoned., but these do need seasoning. I will search the web for that. FInally it is not 16" x 12", but 16" x 11.5". THis is important when you are cooking 12" Pizzas.
on December 30, 2014
This item has revolutionized the way that I cook some of my family recipes. I bake a lot of bread, and we have pizza (and wing) Thursday every week. This soapstone blows away any baking stone I have ever used in my life. It is the first stone to actually help me achieve a crispy crust on my pizza and pizza rolls. It is the first stone to turn my bread from home-baked bread, to Bakery-Quality -- Stone-Fired bread. I can now achieve that same crispy bottom and exterior that I once thought I would have to give-up if I wanted to bake at home.

Not only does it produce great results, but it is absolutely beautiful for serving things. Instead of taking the pizza out of the oven, take the whole stone out and you have a beautiful (but dangerously hot) serving plate. If you don't use it to bake, it also is beautiful for serving cheese plates. We will occasionally use it for sopressata and calabrese paired with our favorite cheeses and crackers.

It heats up much quicker than my old stone. 30 minutes and it is piping-hot (I let it preheat with the oven).

Cleaning it is easy because I just use a cleaning utensil that is softer than the soapstone material. This way, I can scrub away without fear of damaging the material.

If I had one complaint, it would be that I did not buy a bigger size. A 12 x 16 pizza is a little funny looking.
on December 22, 2013
Love how our pizzas and cookies turn out on this new baking stone! No soggy pizza crusts anymore!! This is a must have in any kitchen!!
on December 10, 2014
I love it top quality cooking stone and bakes slowly as it states but don't forget to cure it first. Also when you need to remember you put the stone in the oven when you start it, not once it reaches temperature otherwise you risk cracking the stone.