Customer Discussions > Indestructible forum

Top Ten Favorite Disturbed Songs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2008 10:15:26 AM PDT
BJ125130 says:
Now that there is a significant sample size of Disturbed songs with their 4th album released, I am curious as to what others rank as their favorite Disturbed songs. I am going to list from favorite first and then on down in subsequent order.

1. Stupify
2. Hell
3. Stricken
4. Fear
5. Pain Redefined
6. The Night
7. Remember
8. Indestructible
9. Believe
10. Criminal

On a side note, I think that Indestructible is Disturbed's strongest album to date. I think a lot of people criticize it for the songs sounding the same. I personally think this opinion is off base. I think that what people say sounds the same is actually a misrepresentation of one of the strong suits of this album. What I noticed after listening to it a few times is that this album, more so than any their others, really flows together seamlessly. Many of the songs have their own unique sound but due to the album's solid production, they really transition well which people may misinterpret as sounding the same and not having entirely standout songs. My only disappointment actually is the fact that they didn't put "Hell" in this album. I love that song and can't imagine why it is a B-side. I guess I will have to buy the Stricken single just to get it...*sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2008 10:15:02 AM PDT
ChaDMcBaDD says:
no particular order. just my 10 favorite disturbed songs.

im gonna go download 'hell'.

droppin plates
stupify
run - very sad this song didnt make it on the regular indestructible cd....its better than half the songs on the new cd.
inside the fire
overburdened
stricken
avarice
bound
mistress
remember

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2008 11:03:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2008 1:05:54 PM PDT
V. Lara says:
monster
god of the mind
deciever
prayer
hell
run
parasites
two worlds
sickened
a welcome burden

I know most of these songs are b-sides, but they're still pretty damn good

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2008 12:15:06 PM PDT
Bob the Goat says:
"monster
god of the mind
deciever
prayer
hell
run
parasites
two worlds
sickened
a welcome burden"

Do you know which CD's these are on? or did you just download them? I want to know, because I want to buy the CD's.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2008 8:30:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2008 2:40:07 PM PDT
V. Lara says:
"Monster" is available on the U.K. tour edition of Ten Thousand Fists
"God of the Mind" is featured on the Valentine soundtrack and the Japanese/Australian import versions of The Sickness
"Deciever" is on the new album, Indestructible
"Prayer" is from the Believe album
"Hell" is featured on the Stricken cd single
"Run" is on the internet only version of indestructible, which was being sold on the band's website
"Parasites" is the bonus track on the Japanese import version of Indestructible
"Two Worlds" is also on the U.k. tour edition of Ten Thousand Fists
"Sickened" is the b-side featured on the Land of Confusion cd single
Lastly, "A Welcome Burden", a b-side from The Sickness is featured on the Dracula 2000 soundtrack

hope that helps

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2008 6:33:16 PM PDT
Hectic says:
I made a mix with some of my favorites from each of Disturbed's albums (not special editions) and other sources which I named "Deeply Disturbed Mix". It's changed a bit since I first put it together and it's more than 10 songs long, but here it is as it stands now. (Just in the order that the songs are in, not in most to least liked or anything):

1. Voices
2. Pain Redefined
3. Facade
4. Droppin' Plates
5. Inside the Fire
6. Rise
7. This Moment
8. Sons of Plunder
9. Remember
10. Perfect Insanity
11. Stricken
12. Meaning of Life
13. Land of Confusion
14. Indestructible

It's not quite equal with the same number of songs from each album, but that's because there's one album in particular I don't really care for. For my favorite Disturbed album, I really contemplated hard, but couldn't decide between "The Sickness" and "Indestructible", so I guess they're a tie for #1. Second would be "Ten Thousand Fists". Lastly, the album I don't particularly care for is "Believe". There are 4, maybe 5 songs I like on it; the rest...no thanks! I mean, I understand what Disturbed was trying to do with "Believe", but for the sake of stronger, emotional lyrics; they sacrificed the harder edged, fast paced hard rock that we became familiar with from "The Sickness" for a more slowed down, smoother sound to match some of the lyrics in "Believe".

Some people say that Disturbed hit their stride with "Believe" and that every album since ("TTF", "Indestructible") has fallen off the mark. But to me, it's the other way around! After the greatness of "The Sickness", Disturbed tried something a bit different with "Believe", but it didn't quite work the way they hoped it would. So with "TTF", they started to get back on the ball, back to what Disturbed fans were familiar with from "The Sickness". And now with "Indestructible", they got a perfect bullseye!

I haven't heard of some of the songs listed in the earlier posts that are on special editions like "Hell" or "Run", but do have the "Valentine" and "Dracula 2000" Soundtracks that have "God of the Mind" and "A Welcomed Burden" on them. I'm going to try and track those others down to download them somewhere. (Any suggestions as to the best place to find those to download?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 4:12:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2008 4:13:19 PM PDT
V. Lara says:
if you want to listen to them, alot of those b-sides are posted on youtube.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2008 8:19:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2008 8:19:50 PM PDT
Adam Heflin says:
In no particular order....

Stricken
Indestructible
Want
Remember
Overburdened
Monster
Enough
Perfect Insanity
The Night
Sickened

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 5:17:07 PM PDT
Nate McCooey says:
Wow, this one's tough. I can't put ten in rank order because my favorite Disturbed tracks change every so often. So I'll just list ten of my favorites of theirs, in no particular order:

The Night
Remember
Fear
I'm Alive
Deify
Down With The Sickness (This will always be a fave of mine. It was the first song of theirs I ever heard waaaay back in the summer of 2001, lol. I can't leave out the song that got me hooked on this fantastic band.)
Fade To Black (On the "Music As A Weapon II" CD...I know it's not one of their songs, but I think they did a great job covering it. David's vocals sound amazing.)
This Moment (Not too many fans of this song, I see. Wonder why?)
Criminal
Devour (my favorite track on the Believe record)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2008 9:54:42 AM PDT
P. Hardy says:
(In No Particular Order):
1. Stricken
2. Dehumanized
3. Monster
4. Fear
5. Stupify
6. The Game
7. Prayer
8. Land of Confusion
9. Indestructible
10. I'm Alive

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2008 12:19:48 PM PDT
Scott Stessl says:
Fade To Black (On the "Music As A Weapon II" CD...I know it's not one of their songs, but I think they did a great job covering it. David's vocals sound amazing.)

Ugh. They butchered my favorite song of all-time. Why didn't they attempt to play the whole song?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2008 6:56:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2008 6:57:43 PM PDT
Nate McCooey says:
That's a good question, Scott. I wish they would've played the whole thing too. That being said, I don't think they butchered it at all; they pulled it off better than most other bands that attempted it have, in my opinion. I don't think they intended for it to be a "cover" per se, just more of an homage paid to one of the bands they were influenced by. The same can be said for their live performances of "Walk" by Pantera; David himself says this in an interview that can be found on YouTube.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2008 2:07:05 PM PDT
D Bishop says:
I like the new cd, but I would put several other songs ahead of these. I'll go from ten to one.

10.The Darkness
9. Deceiver
8. Land Of Confusion
7. Overburdened
6. Indestructible
5. Remember
4. Devour
3. Ten Thousand Fists
2. Deify

1. Stricken

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2008 1:32:58 PM PDT
my top 10:
remember
indestructible
the game
prayer
ten thousand fists
stricken
sons of plunder
perfect insanity
overburdened
down w the sickness

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 11:41:05 AM PST
single mom says:
Disturbed fans, my son is a Marine and loves Disturbed. He has all the CDs and I'm now 'stuck' with trying to find similar bands' CDs for him for Christmas. Please help!
Thanks so much!

Posted on Feb 11, 2009 12:33:05 AM PST
S. Richards says:
No particular order , really.

-Fear
-The Game
-Remember
-Violence Fetish
-I'm Alive
-Overburdenned
-The Night
-Down with the Sickness
-Prayer
-Get Psycho

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2009 1:43:01 PM PDT
Some bands I listen to, along with Disturbed, are Breaking Benjamin, Finger Eleven, and Rise Against
They're pretty much along the same lines. I know it's a little late on the post, but these could be some ideas for a birthday or next X'mas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2009 1:57:43 PM PDT
single mom says:
Wah Wah, thanks!
I've added those to the list.

Posted on Jul 26, 2009 4:49:47 PM PDT
No Order

-Stricken
-Liberate
-Ten Thousand Fists
-Just Stop
-The Curse
-Criminal
-Remember
-Stupify
-Haunted
-Meaning Of Life

Posted on Aug 1, 2009 3:47:16 PM PDT
BJ125130 says:
I think I need to edit my list as I have been listening to a lot of the "B" sides of disturbed (which for the most part are definitely album worthy)

1. Stupify
2. Hell
3. God of the Mind
4. Stricken
5. Fear
6. The Night
7. Dehumanized
8. Pain Redefined
9. Remember
10. Believe

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 6:47:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2010 7:03:29 PM PDT
Although not many Metal heads will agree with me "The Game" is both Disturbed's best song and it is also it's worst.

That is why it is #1 to me.

The rest of the list would be:
Sickness
Every song on Believe except "Mistress" (To save me some space)
Nearly every song from Ten Thousand Fists
from their the list turns into tolerable except their latest track "Another Way To die" which might make it into my top ten.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Indestructible forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jun 24, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Indestructible
Indestructible by Disturbed (Audio CD - 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (237)