5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install
Published 12 months ago by Kaci

1.0 out of 5 stars Prism effect
The screen protector it's easy to install, just be careful not to touch it with your fingers before you apply it, only touch the black boarder!
That said ,there is a MAJOR problem, what happens is that it creates a prism effect on the pixels and you will have a very annoying eye tiring effect, NOT RECOMMENDED FOR GRAPHICS AND PHOTOGRAPHY WORK!

If you don't...
Published 6 months ago by maurizio matteo d'errico

1.0 out of 5 stars Prism effect, March 7, 2014
This review is from: TopCase Anti-glare Bubble Free LCD Screen protector with Black Frame for Apple Macbook Pro 13" 13-inch (A1278/with or without Thunderbolt) with TopCase Mouse Pad (Personal Computers)

If you don't really care about the image quality it's ok as anti glare option, just ok though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy - Damaged my screen., June 16, 2014
I bought this because my apartment has a ton of windows, constantly casting reflections onto my MacBook. The MacBook screen also tends to smudge any time you touch it and I wanted protection so I wouldn't need to constantly clean it. Thought this might do the trick, so I ordered it.

The screen 'protector' is only adhesive along the black border, which they don't tell you. That leaves the diffusing plastic free-floating, with varying distances from the screen. The diffusing plastic creates a sort of rainbow, noisy effect when it diffuses the light coming from the screen, which completely degrades the whole point of having a Retina screen. But, that could just be the way diffusers look. The 'protector' didn't fit the screen quite right, being just slightly too big to fit within the rubber lip around the border, so I had to play with it to get it to fit. Because the inside isn't adhesive, this created ripples in the diffuser which was very distracting, as parts of the screen then became blurry.

I was disenchanted with it, so I took it off and threw it away. I thought the adhesive had left residue around the black border of my macbook, so I went to clean it. Nope, turns out it actually took off part of the protective layer of the plastic on my macbook, creating a 3-inch long, permanent oily-looking 'smudge' on the upper right corner of my $3000 laptop. I tried windex, I tried magic eraser, I tried sponges and microfiber cloths. It only made it worse. I can't do anything about it.

Screen protector my ass. Useless. I would recommend this to no one, and I would absolutely love my money back and compensation for damaging my screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install, August 25, 2013
I chose this particular screen protector because of claims that it was much easier to put on than others. I can now attest to the truth of those claims. It took me less than a minute to put on and has zero bubbles or wrinkles. The clarity of the screen image is what can be expected with any kind of anti-glare cover. It's a bit grainy but not enough to distract from what you're doing. Also it fits my MacBook Pro 13" perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector!, June 24, 2013
I had previously bought a screen protector for my macbook where the entire backside was adhesive. I spent over an hour trying to get the bubbles out and they wouldn't go away! This product was such a relieve! It was so easy to apply and no bubbles! It fits perfectly to my macbook and the black border doesn't cover my screen at all. I barely notice a change in my screen resolution so it's nothing to worry about.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst buy on amazon ever!!, February 7, 2014
subs (San Diego, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I don't recommend buying this product. Protector does not stick and ine that shipped to me did not look original at all. As others noted this product is really horrible. There is no glue or adhesive to attach. Just falls apart.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shipping damage, October 29, 2013
Great screen protector, really works to prevent glare. Staring at your laptop all day hurts your eyes, this screen protector helps alleviate that.

Only one issue; Can no one ship one of these without creasing it?!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with it., November 24, 2013
I love that it covers my screen, but it does create a bit of a fog. It's also virtually impossible to get it perfect and my OCD worries about that sometimes. That said, I'm really happy that my screen is protected and it is much better than a "sticker" protector that will get bubbles.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 28, 2013
Charles (Mesa, Arizona, United States) - See all my reviews
honestly a perfect buy. no bubbles and if you mess up the first time you put it on you can retry as many times as you need. the only sticky part is behind the black and it does not block the camera as other reviews have said.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't use it if it was free, August 17, 2014
Pros:
+ protects the screen (if you can get it on, it covers the screen)

Cons:
- Didn't fit the screen. Apple has the rubber around the edge of the screen so that the screen stays away from the keyboard when you close it. This screen protector wouldn't fit within the rubber bounds, so to even get it on, I would have to trim the edges.
- reduced clarity. The screen protector adds a grainy layer on top of the retina display that takes away from the clarity. I know that screen protectors can reduce clarity, but after having bought many for my smartphones, none have caused the grainy issue i saw with this one.
- low adhesive quality. The adhesive doesn't stick very well, and is only on the border of the screen protector
- easy to get fingerprints on the wrong side. The side that goes on the screen isn't covered when you open the screen protector. Only the adhesive is covered. if you touch the screen protector before you notice this, you get fingerprints all over the back, and it's very difficult to clean.

Summary:
I wouldn't use the one I got even if it was free.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so nice., July 8, 2014
So If you're here to buy a great screen protector do not buy this one. As I am a college student I need to invest in my technology so it will prolong it's life. After considering the price differences I took a chance after reading these reviews and I would say to my past self, invest in a couple of extra dollar. The Screen Protector does serve it's purpose however had excess "black margins" hanging off the screen. Also it forms a "bubble" in the middle of the screen. The only sticky part of the screen protector is the edging which would instructed that we remove first, and that was a bad idea, because all kinds of dust got on that part. Think twice before buying this product.

Rate and Discover Movies