Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TopCase HOT PINK Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for Macbook AIR 11" A1370 Late 2010 - Mid 2011(JULY) with TOPCASE Logo Mouse Pad
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 16, 2011
I love this keyboard skin, the color and fit are both great, seems very durable.

However... the F keys on the skin do not match the F keys on my keyboard. I have the latest macbook air, released last month. F12 on my keyboard is volume up, on the skin it's disc eject. F11 on my keyboard is volume down, on the skin it's volume up. All the way down through F4 the buttons are mismatched. Not a major problem but slightly annoying when I go to change the volume (the other F keys are not used as much for me)

Also, the keyboard backlight makes for double vision with the skin on. The key markings (letters, shift, return, tab, delete, etc) are slightly shifted from where the markings are on the skin so it looks blurry when the keyboard backlight is on. When the light is not on it's not noticeable at all.
on August 8, 2011
Everything is great except on the top row, the buttons are incorrectly labeled. The buttons to increase keyboard brightness is missing, and everything to the right of that is shifted over. This may have been made for an older macbook air. I bought mine mid-July 2011. Not sure how to track down the right keyboard cover. but otherwise it looks and feels great.
on October 4, 2011
Although the color was very close to what the picture showed, the product arrived folded in half and now will not lay flat on my computer keyboard. It also doesn't match the keys for the newest macbook air. The function keys are all off, it is very irritating.

However, after they read my review they did send me another one. They still sent it folded over the mousepad which seemed a little risky but it lays flat! I guess order at your own risk. If it does come bent just let them know and they will replace it. The function keys are still off, though.
on September 11, 2011
If you are like me, before ordering this keyboard skin, you'd think that the seller must not be lying when they claim that it was designed for the "NEW" MacBook Air 11-inch netbook. Well, they are.

First, let me start with the packaging. If you own a MacBook Air 11", you know how small it is and how small its keyboard is. A skin or cover for MacBook Air's keyboard could easily fit a large envelope if packaged properly so it does not bend or fold. Instead, it was sent in a small envelope, that could only fit it if the product is folded in half over a free and cheaply-made mouse pad that was totally useless for me. Because of the way it was folded and stayed folded during its transit until it reached me, it left a permanent crease on the skin, that rendered it useless because it doesn't fit anymore. It makes me wonder what they were thinking when they were stuffing it in a small envelope. I've tried to get rid of this crease, but I could not.

Second, this is definitely NOT designed for the NEW 2011 MacBook Air 11" because the new MacBook Air does not have an Eject button. If you put this on the newer (2011) MacBook Air, though it will physically fit alright, but now the Volume Up button is incorrectly labeled the Eject button; the Volume Down button becomes the Volume Up button and this goes on. So you're left with either memorizing that to increase the volume, you will have to press the Eject key - or you'll have to constantly keep peeling it off to peak inside to figure out which key is where. All of this clearly shows how careless (and probably clueless) this company ("TopCase") is about how their products are designed and shipped.

I'm sending this back for a full refund. I have since ordered Moshi ClearGuard for MacBook Air 11 . If I really like it, I think I will post a review for that one too.

PS: Check out the picture I am uploading to see how it looked on my MBA11 after it was folded while packaging.
review image
on May 4, 2011
I like this keyboard cover- the color is great - the only negative on it is that it has to be taken off or the top does not close completely (maybe that's the way it'supposed to be) But overall happy with product
I don't have much to say about this product then the person that I got it for loves it. But you need when ordering something like this make sure you get the right one how to know which MacBook you have simple.

Click the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen then click about this Mac then click on more info and if you're running Snow Leopard it'll tell you the date of your Mac below its name.

But the easiest thing to do is Google a program called CoconutID it will straight up tell you what model of Mac you have and it's free.

Hope this helps.
on May 24, 2012
It works well for what it is - a piece of silicone that just kind of sits on the keyboard. The top Function (F) keys are labeled a little off - there's no eject key on a macbook air ..... so the louder volume key sits under an eject label causing some others to be off also. Overall it's fine.
on January 5, 2012
This keyboard covering would've been almost perfect for my 11inch Macbook air, however the top row (consisting of ESC, F1, F2, etc...) does not match up with what is labeled on the keyboard covering.
on August 15, 2011
The keyboard cover fits well and is way cheaper than the last one I bought through the apple store. The problem with it is that the keys on the top don't match the keys on my macbook air 11'', even though the product is advertised as specifically for macbook air!

Why is there an eject key on the keyboard cover, when macbook airs don't have CD drives! Because of this extra button, my volume keys, the play and fast forward keys, and others are all completely wrong! It's pretty negligent on their part...

Also the mousepad is trash. I use it as a coaster.
on February 28, 2011
To begin with, the TopCase was THE ONLY keyboard cover I could find specifically designed for the MB Air. You know, the F-keys in the Air are narrower than all its siblings. But, when I received and compared it to the rest of the covers I have (all my Apple computers have one or the other), I'm very pleased the TopCase is engineered and designed for the Air from the ground up: adjusts tightly, doesn't move, doesn't begins to "peel-off" on the corners, and, best of all, is almost as thin as a rubber balloon so it doesn't interfere with the closing of Air's screen!

All in all, a very good purchase.

[...]