on August 30, 2014
This set is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I was worried about the case being too big or too small because of some of the reviews on here, but after receiving my case it's obvious that some people just ordered the wrong case for their Macbook. I have a 15.4 Macbook Pro and it fits like a gem, seriously. It's so beautiful! The only thing I will say, is that the keyboard cover takes some getting used to. It fits kind of loose on the keys but it's nothing too major. Make sure you check the number on the back of your laptop to see that it matches A1398. If it doesn't, don't buy this. Also, if your laptop is not a 15.4 inch, don't buy this. However, if you know it will fit, then order it! I'm so glad I did and I can't wait to order more colors!

Also - this would be the PERFECT gift. It comes wrapped so nicely altogether in a cute little reusable plastic pouch. Just make sure you order it for the right computer!
review image review image
on January 7, 2015
I just received this and so far everything fits and looks great. Great bang for your buck. I have a new Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). See pictures.

Hard Case:
The color (royal blue) is very nice and looks great on the mac. The logo shines through.
It was very easy to snap on. I did the bottom first. I opened the mac and slid the bottom into front of the case and then pushed down to snap in place. Make sure to snap the back end in by the vent. It doesn’t cover the back bottom corners.
The top was easy, but make sure the tiny little lip is to the front. I didn’t notice it at first and installed it backwards. Pictures show it. I shut the mac to do the top.

Keyboard Cover:
I like the color and it’s feels slightly soft to the touch (which I like, keeps tapping sound down) and it’s just a tad loose, but I would still use it without issues.

Neoprene Sleeve:
I like it a lot. It’s not too loose like some reviewers claim. I can barely pinch it with the mac in with the hard case cover on it. If you expect it to fit like skinny jeans and spend an hour trying to stretch it over the computer, you should buy a 13” case and a bottle of wine. :)

Screen Guard:
I held it up to the screen (there is a right side up) and it will fit. I don’t plan on using it.

Overall: I recommend this case. Especially for the price. I don’t see the point in spending $50 when you get the same thing for less. I have seen bad reviews on ALL hard covers, so pick the one that suits you. If this thing falls apart quickly, I’ll update my review.
on September 20, 2013
I pretty much love this product. I just received it today, and I am very pleased. The case fits my macbook pro (with retina display) perfectly! And the texture of it is wonderful, it is a hard case with a rubberized texture which is exactly what I was looking for (I wanted it to be protected while having a bit of 'grip' to it). The lower casing also has four padded raisers so that way the fans to the laptop are not interfered with. Second, the screen protector is wonderful. It fits perfectly and even with the retina display, I can barely tell it's there (except for some air bubbles that I couldn't get out). My laptop (with the casing) fits perfectly into the foam case that comes with. This case is flimsy, as I was expecting, but is surely quality material.
My only complaint with my purchase is that the keyboard protector does not 'stick' to the keyboard, there are air bubbles that would absolutely be a problem if I were to spill something on it. The keyboard protector also comes off a little bit too easily, I was expecting it to stay put a little better. Also, I was expecting the silicone (or whatever rubber-y material this is made from) to be clear inbetween the keys, rather than the same turquoise color. Since it is not clear, it is very difficult to use the under the keys light up function that Apple has provided.
In all, 3 out of the 4 products included either met my expectation or exceeded it. And although I am having some issues with the keyboard cover, I am still very happy with this purchase.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The TopCase bundle for Macbook Pro 15" is the fourth bundle I have purchased. I bought one for my mid-2010 Macbook Pro, as well as my new 2014 Macbook Pro.

Case: The case cover fit perfectly on both and was exactly what I wanted. However, I really didn't need the rest of the bundle, and wish they sold the case individually.

Neoprene case: The neoprene case is probably the second most useful item, although I am not sure how much I will use it, given that I just put on the hard case. It fits my computer and case snuggly and looks nice.

Keyboard cover: The keyboard cover is a floppy, thin, rubber mat that sits on top of the keys. However, it seems loose. No matter how hard I try to push it on the keyboard, it always feels like there is a little air pocket under each key, giving the keyboard a smooshy feel, rather than the crisp, clicky feel I prefer when typing. I have taken it off, as it seems to pop off rather easily anyway.

2010 MBP vs 2014 MBP keyboards: Although the keyboard arrangements are different for the 2009-2010 MacBooks, where the power button is built into the silver casing and the upper right key is the disc eject button and the 2014 Macbook Pro power button is the upper right-most key, the cover works the same on both computers.

Screen Cover: The least useful items are the protective screen cover (a sheet of plastic that adheres to the screen) and the mouse pad. First, the screen cover. I just don't need it.

Mouse pad: The mouse pad is smaller than a standard mouse pad (5x7-ish) and the color scheme doesn't match the rest of the colors. The first case I got came with a nice, color-matched (aqua blue) mouse pad. The next two came with an advertisement for the company and was not very pretty. The last one came with a black and white zig-zag pattern and was fine.

Lint-free cloth: The last items that was included was a small lint-free cloth for keeping the screen clean. This item was useful, especially for my glasses!

Colors:
Royal Blue-beautiful and true to color for the case and keyboard cover
Orange-the case was bright and vibrant, but the neoprene case was a dull brownish-orange, really ugly. The keyboard cover, on the other hand, was fluorescent orange and is a big shocking!
Aqua blue-beautiful and true to color for case and keyboard cover
Black-it was all black. It was fine.

Overall, the bundle gives you a lot for your money, but I will probably only use about half of the stuff provided. Simpler would have been better.
on July 24, 2014
I just bought my Mac for my first year of college- which, might I add, is worth more than my car. Therefore, I really needed to find a case that would keep my computer safe. I spent about an hour shopping for a reliable case before I came across this one. After reading the reviews, I was persuaded to buy it. I must say, I have no regrets with this purchase! I am very impressed with the quality of the case for the little price that I paid. The case fits like a glove, has a nice feel to it and not to mention a pretty color. I was thankful that the case also came with a screen protector because I was paranoid about the screen getting scratched up. I'm not a pro at applying screen protectors and while there are a few bubbles, it was generally easy to apply and it makes me feel better knowing that something is protecting the screen. I'm also very pleased with the keyboard cover. I read over some of the reviews that said their keyboard covers were stretching a little. Mine has yet to do that and I've had it on for about a month now. I really have nothing bad to say about this product. I highly recommend buying this case!
on August 18, 2014
All things aside, it was only $25. With that being said, I have the brand new 15 inch MacBook Pro with retina display, and the hard covers do not work with it. They fit properly and look like they should work but they do not clip on or stay on so i just use the bottom hard cover to allow more air under my Mac when i'm at my desk. THEY ARE NOT CLEAR!!! they are a foggy white just a heads up.

The key board cover does work and fit very nicely but some of the keys on the cover have the print slightly off so when i use it at night with the back lights on i can see the double image coming from the keys behind it. They backlight does come through good though.

The sleeve is a good non-zipper sleeve that will be perfect for carrying my Mac in my backpack for school and it does have a decent squishy padded feel to it.

The screen protector is a joke really, it was bent in a couple places despite being in multiple packages, so i threw it out. it was very stiff so i was not about to try it. Don't get me wrong, i want the screen protected but i would rather use a nice gel style protector rather then something as thick as a picture.

So all in all, i feel like the keyboard cover and the sleeve are close to being worth $25 so i am not bothering to return it.

Oh yea and i do have an Xshell on my Mac which makes it looks like wood and is only 3mm thick, and that did not even help keep the hard cover on. I wanted a clear cover to add extra protection without hiding the beautiful design under it. And the mouse pad that comes with it is really cheap and feels like cardboard.

What came i package:

USELESS
-Hard foggy white shell, which is useless
-screen protector, which is also useless
-mouse pad, POC and useless

USEFUL
-Key board cover, very good and useful
-sleeve, not to shabby and will keep stuff from scratching my computer
on January 13, 2015
I really like this package a lot. I'm hoping it will hold up and be durable over time hence the 4 stars. I did use the screen protector, it is very tedious to put on but if you have patience I think it's worth doing to increase the longevity and condition of your MacBook Pro given the fact that that these are $2000.00 machines. My only MINOR complaint is about the sleeve, it does fit a little loosely to me, everyone prefers a different fit and I'd like it to be a little more snug but other than that its great. I did purchase a separate keyboard cover, because of the backlit keys I wanted a clear one but depending on your preference the one that comes with the package is fine. Overall this is a great deal and package for anyone looking for a decent all in one type deal. For people expecting this case to be like some type of Outer Box rugged invincible case look elsewhere (Yes I know those are for phones but you get the idea). If you're throwing your Mac against the wall then this isn't the case for you, people need to learn how to take care of their belongings in general, I've seen some Macs in terrible condition. Buy the set, you'll be happy.
review image review image review image review image
on July 10, 2014
I was really hesitant to buy this case after reading a lot of the reviews about how it didn't fit a lot of computers, but it fits my Macbook Pro Retina 15in perfectly! The case fit perfect on there, the apple logo doesn't shine through as much as a clearer case would have but you can still see it. The keyboard cover stays on better than some that I have bought from others on here, I do wish though that it was clear between the keys since it is hard to use in the dar, the backlight shines through a bit so you can kinda make out the letters, but not as well as it normally would. The sleeve does smell pretty bad, almost like gasoline or something, so we thew it in the wash and it seemed to help a little but it still smells. And I really love the mouse pad and screen protector! All in all I would definitely recommend this case. I'm not sure how long it will last without getting cracked, but it feels pretty solid so we will see.
on August 6, 2014
This case was exactly what I was expecting. First of all, I searched long and hard for a case that would actually fit my 15" MacBook Pro Retina. This case did! Make sure you check out the product model on the bottom of your MacBook before you buy (mine's model A1398). It's a nice robin's egg blue -- not exactly turquoise, more Tiffany's blue -- and it's opaque so it doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. In fact it gives my laptop a nice clean look.

A few minor things I noticed were that the letters on the keyboard cover do not exactly match up with the lights on the keyboard, so it kind of looks 3D (as if the letters had a light backdrop). The other thing was that when I received the sleeve it had a couple of creases and wasn't as thick of a material as I anticipated.

It's always great when a product fulfills your expectations, especially when ordering online! Thanks TopCase!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am extremely happy with this purchase. Last time I ordered a case for my previous laptop, it was not the correct size and I tried for 4 months to exchange the case to no avail. Not only did this arrive right on time but it fit exactly like it was supposed to and it also came with a screen protector and a separate case to keep my computer in. The color was exactly what I hoped for, it looks nice, and it really makes me feel confident about protecting my new investment. I received more than I expected and I definitely would reorder this product if I ever needed an additional one.