Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 15, 2012
I have no clue why others did not give better reviews of this product. First of all these covers run about $30 in stores and are hard to find for first gen Macs...second of all any true Mac lover wants to protect their shiny mac at all costs....that means any little minor detail is not important if it protects the beauty of your Mac....This case fits very well on my Mac. It does not slip or come off when using it. It can be hard to take off when you have to get into the battery case or such. There are lined openings to allow for ventilation and overheating and to keep your mac from running hot. I think the maker of this case was a Mac lover because the important features are all there. I have yet to have my Mac overheat because there is not proper ventilation. There is a hole so you can press the battery button to check your battery level without having to remove the case, there are proper 'hooks' (so to speak not sure what they are called) to keep the case on the computer while being used, carried or stored....I really like this case and I have no clue why the other people gave it low ratings. Mac lovers should buy this!!....the other people who just have Macs '
'just because' should just go buy a skin to slap on the case....or better yet, why even get a case?...apparently protection is not the main concern you have...p.s. i bought the little pink keyboard case also-I could tell by the item description it was not included-it is awesome also!
on May 1, 2011
I love this case! The pictures from the seller showed a circle cutout for the Apple, which I wasn't to thrilled with but I loved the price and it was black. When I received it, I noticed the top case had an Apple cutout which fits perfectly over the glowing Apple on the top case! The ports are all accessible and it fits great! It does add a tab bit more bulk than the Speck case I had but I had to take off the bottom of the Speck case to use my Firewire port.

All in all this black Top Case was a great pick for my older MacBook!
review image review image review image review image
on October 19, 2011
there are pictures that show both the cut out circle and cut out apple. since the other review said they got the apple i assumed all cases were the same. i was wrong. i got the cut out circle which i am not at all happy about. the case also doesnt even fit the computer. it doesnt allow the top to close all the way and it doesnt fit in the corners. there is nothing in the back keeping the bottom half on so it just slides off. while it has a hole for the battery indicator, its useless. you cant see the lights. i am not happy with this case at all and would not recommend it to anyone.
on September 15, 2015
I received the wrong item. I ordered purple and instead I received gold. It also doesn't fit on my MacBook and my Mac is the model number in their description. In the photo I attached, the case is just sitting on top of it. It won't snap on
review image review image
on July 4, 2012
case isn't designed for mac specific. apple isn't centered received case and it was scratched (not sure if it was factory done or a return) contacted seller about it and got no response back just got a new case sent in the mail then i look at my credit card and was charged for that case too and that case was the same issue as the first one.

waste of your money don't buy this case it's not mac specific and seller has no communication and will double charge you. both cases i threw out in the trash such a waste.
on November 7, 2011
The case fits fine, but I was disappointed because I also received one with the circle around the apple instead of a complete cut out. The pictures are deceiving because they show both kinds. The seller definitely should make that more clear because they only reason I chose this case was because the pictures showed the apple cut out. ALSO, there is scratches all over. I guess the purpose of a case is to get roughed up, but I did not expect it to look like it had a battle with a set of keys. This seller seems to have provided false advertisement and I do not recommend this case to anyone.
on December 29, 2014
I'm happy it fits! I don't like that its transparent though. The bottom piece snaps on towards the back near the ventilation slits, then towards the front near the mouse pad. The top piece towards the bottom doesn't snap on so it kind of "slips off" a bit but nothing to be concerned about. Just have to press it back into place. This wont fit any other model besides A1181 Mac. Best thing is it will protect your Mac from scratches and marks.
review image review image review image
on November 6, 2015
This case was the only one I could find to support a used MacBook 4,1 that I picked-up for my young granddaughter. She loves the color and the fact that putting a case on her Mac makes it her own. It looks good and installed flawlessly.
on May 10, 2016
I have one of these older Mac laptops. I bought this to hid the now-ugly case. It works fine. You can tell it's just a case and with the circle opening, you can easily see the white around the apple. So if you want one that is translucent and covers the apple, you'll have to get something else. This works for me. It was inexpensive, keeps my ports open for use and hides the ugly.
on August 23, 2011
Fits perfectly, looks awesome, and matches the pink keyboard! Makes my computer look fabulous!
Fast ship & great quality! Very hard to find a cover that fits the A1181, but this is it!