Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TopCase PINK Keyboard Silicone Skin Cover for Macbook 13 13.3 (1st Generation/A1181) with TopCase Mouse Pad
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 25, 2011
Great fit, fantastic product! Is a TRUE 1st Generation keyboard cover. The original 1st Generation Macbook had page up / page down / home / end buttons verbage on the arrow keys, not just arrows (my husband has the original 1st Generation MacBook). I have the REVISED/UPDATED 1st Generation MacBook that came out later, prior to the computer "remodel", and it does have just the arrows on the arrow keys, no verbage. Also, like the previous post, the "F" keys/symbols are different on the on the 1st Generation revised, compared to the original 1st true Generation, which is what TopCase is printing on their Silicone skin. IE...if you F10-F12 keys have the mute/volume symbols, then you have the REVISED/UPDATED 1st Generation MacBook and this skin will not be exact symbol/key match to your keyboard. If your F3-F5 keys are the mute/volume symbols, then this skin will match your keyboard exactly!! Even though this does not match the exact symbols on my 1st Generation, like it does my husband's, I LOVE this product!
on July 20, 2011
I ordered this cover under the assumption that it would be the same as in the picture and description. Pink keys printed on clear silicone so that only the keys would appear pink and the spaces between keys would be white. However, the cover I received is completely pink. Not so big of a deal, especially because the cover fits very nice and the key all match up to my 1st gen macbook, but I'd really prefer it to be the product that I thought I was ordering.
on December 16, 2015
Some key description are not on the right spot. I would have given this skin cover five stars, but some of the keys on the very top row don't match the description on my computer. The volume keys on the skin are on the left side, but on my computer they are on the right side. If I use this skin, I won't know which is which without having to flip the skin over to peek at the computer keys.
review image
on April 4, 2013
I love how cheap this was and it's nice to know that my keyboard is protected from any food crumbs or liquids that it might come into contact with. It fits perfectly and goes on easily. This is also much easier to clean when it does get dirty. However, the color started rubbing off after having it for a few weeks, and there are a couple of keys that have almost no color left. The keys in the very top row are mislabeled, but I have a much older MacBook (black, early 2008) so maybe they are correct for the newer models.
on March 15, 2013
Bottom line, for this price you cannot go wrong!

Pros:
- Makes Mac look sleek! (Especially when paired with a black case)
- Sits on keys nice / doesn't slide around
- Cover sits correctly on physical keys

Cons:
- "F" functions are mislabeled: the volume keys are from F3 to F5, F8 through F12 are blank

Recommend?
- Yes! If you are looking for a case that is perfect, without those few mislabels don't get this product. But everything else is flawless. Typing isn't hindered, and it offers a sleek look while providing functional protection
review image review image
on December 27, 2012
While this product lays perfectly on the keys and the construction is well done. The labeling on the keys is different then what is on the cover and you can see through the cover when it is on the keys. This is a bit annoying to me, but my wife does not mind. In addition, it does take a little getting used to, but after that, it looks great on the computer. I paired this with a red Hello Kitty skin and my wife has a one of a kind computer.
on May 25, 2015
First off, the case didn't fit. Even though my model was the one the description was written for. The picture showed a case without a hole in the top around the apple logo. I receieves one with a hole. Also it's made of cheap crappy plastic. Also the description shows a keyboard cover which I didn't receive. So I ordered one separate from the same seller. It turned my whole keyboard and touch pad blue. I guess you get what you pay for. At least it arrived fairly quick. Throwing it out.
on December 7, 2013
This item has been uber helpful! My fingernails had previously lifted up keys various times as well as eventually degrading the letters until they're hard to read, and dust/food bits would get between the keys with canned air only having limited value at removal. Putting this sheath over the keys required no effort, just lay it down and it sticks well and doesn't come back up unless you accidentally hit the edge, in which case it just drops back into place again.

The sleeve makes the Mac quite a bit more attractive as well as clean and will last a really long time; I've had it for maybe four months with no signs of aging or peeling. The letters on the skin are very vivid and seem very durable.There was a tiny bit of transition adjusting to the tactile sensation of it and I think I might have to hit the keys with a tiny extra bit of force but it was only noticeable initially and after a few days I'd adjusted and no longer noticed. As other reviewers mentioned not all of the symbols match up: I have a late 2007 Macbook and though the function keys are noted f1-f12, the little symbols on them like dock aren't all correct. Not a big deal to me as I don't use them often. Overall very high quality item and somewhat indispensable.
on March 19, 2011
I have an older white MacBook and ordered this especially because it said it would "fit perfectly" on a 1st generation macbook. Well, needless to say the entire top row of keys do not match up with my computer's keys....volume in wrong place, ect...
This is highly annoying, but I feel like I can't be bothered sending it back... I might contact their costumer service and see what they have to offer
on August 22, 2014
I ordered the purple keyboard skin for my Macbook A1181 to match the purple case from TopCase. The colors coordinate. The key cover fits a little too loosely allowing it to wiggle on the keys as I type. After a few days, I have grown accustomed to that and it bothers me less. The major problem with this product is that the labels for the function keys are not the same as the function keys on my computer. The work-around would be to reprogram the keys, but I don't want to do that. I will try another brand.