Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: Macbook Air 11"|Color: Hot Blue / Turquoise|Change

on May 15, 2013
I just bought an 11" MBA to replace my Macbook pro which was just too heavy to carry around for work. I ordered this cover and why I was waiting for it to arrive I happened into an apple store and bought a case from a company that rhymes with Heck. I paid $54 for a lovely case in beautiful packaging and then when my TopCase arrived I compared both. The top case has some very slight design differences and it has the ventilated bottom, which is not the same as the Speck... case. The plastic on the more expensive case was not really different. So I returned my expensive case today and my wallet is heavier and I am happy... Good luck. Spend the money on the laptop not the protection if it is almost exactly the same. Best...
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
I spent hours looking for a cover that would protect my new computer, (model A1465) Air, from scratches, reading countless descriptions and reviews. I read the reviews for all the colors because they vary. I was looking for a slim, attractive, well-fitting, light-weight cover. This really fits the bill.

The cover is as described, with a rubberized feel. It is fairly see-through, so, the apple light glows through, as well as the silver of the apple case, itself, so, it gives the computer the look of a sheen of color. In this "case" (:-) I would call it pale lilac (which I was hoping), not purple. The color of the picture is accurate but, given that the silver sheen shows through, the color is more subdued (which I also really like). The overall effect is an understated and, in my opinion, classy look.

I read that it is difficult to put on. Yes it is but it makes for a secure fit.. At first, on both the upper and bottom I could not get one of the four corners to snap. So I took them both off and attached them starting at the rear, snapping in the front last, and they now fit perfectly. Total time to get them well seated was about 5 minutes. Someone said the corners aren't completely wrapped. I would describe the corners as fully wrapped, though it does not snap over the face. I like this, since, I would be concerned that the case would not close properly otherwise, but be assured that the exterior and sides/edges both top and bottom are fully enclosed.

There may be other covers that are a few ounces lighter (though I can't actually imagine how) but I couldn't find any that stipulated a weight that also listed the A1465 for compatibility.

Finally, I have a Speck on my Macbook. This cover is thinner, classier, and WAY less expensive. A great buy. Wish I could put this review on all the top case sites, not just for this color. It would have saved me a lot of searching. The only way I would improve this would be to have it available via Amazon Prime.
on November 15, 2013
This case is well worth it. I previously had a Speck Satin cover for my macbook 11 and it was good but cost me 49.95! Eventually it ended up cracking after maybe a year or so. Did not want to spend 50 again on a case so I found this one and ordered it. I have to say the material is the EXACT same as the Speck Satin case it replaced. Also I like that the TopCase design has a grills at the bottom for ventilation, something the Speck version lacks.

Fit was perfect - for the people who say the back hinges rub against the laptop hinge, well you probably put it on BACKWARDS. The clasps have to go towards the front! There is a youtube video showing how it should be placed.

Time will tell if the plastic cracks, but for 12$ I wont complain since the Speck Case cost 50$ and cracked as well.
on January 10, 2013
Bought this as a gift for my husband. I liked it so much I bought myself one. Good grip, like the material its made out of, fits perfectly and I love that you can see the apple when its lit up.
on May 19, 2015
It's been a little more than half a year since I've had this case, and since then, it's still intact. However, there are lots of cracks in the corners. But then again, I haven't exactly been nice to my laptop and have been dropping it on the floor a couple times... Also, I carry it to school everyday in my backpack with all my books. It's a very pretty matte color. Like a pastel seafoam green, I guess. The little white rubber things that were glued to the bottom have fallen off. I WAS going to glue them back on but eh, I just got lazy. Considering it's a $10 case, I'm pretty satisfied. On the Apple website, there are hard cases that look similar to these but are around $50.
review image review image review image
on December 23, 2012
Durable, easy to apply, does not add any weight. Great cover! Easy to clean, an easy to keep! You must have it!
on December 9, 2012
The cover looks great. And the quality is good! I recommend it to anyone with a mac for sure! thanks
on November 26, 2014
5 months into it, the case has not cracked and is going strong! Even now that my 17yo daughter has taken over my laptop... Her friends have complimented her on it, so it must look good. I like the thinness and improved 'grip' on the Air that the case provides.
on October 3, 2015
Like the cover, seems to do the job, but the rubber feet at the bottom easily came off without incorrect usage. had to remove them all off (they end up being stuck somewhere in between the gaps they are intended for, or on the floor or on the cat ... removed them, cleaned them and stuck them on properly with super glue, does the job now .. would have been good for the factory to have stuck them on properly with something a bit more substantial than the cheap glue used.
on June 6, 2012
The cover has a snug fit on my Mac Airbook so I don't have to worry about it coming off like I did before. It also has a good feel to it.