Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th

Size: Macbook White A1342|Color: Black|Change

on September 11, 2012
I ordered this product for my Macbook. Since I'm a college student, my computer goes everywhere with me. I wanted a case that was durable and cute. I also like to eat near my computer so I really wanted a keyboard cover as well. When this product arrived I was thrilled by what I received! I did have ONE slight issue. The keyboard cover did not lay flat on the keys. I emailed the company and within 24 hours they responded and sent me a new keyboard cover which arrived in less then 2 days! They have great costumer service! I am thrilled with this product! The case is really well made and looks adorable too! Totally buy this!
1010 comments|180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2015
Excellent product, it fits perfect and was easy to install! The keyboard lights shine through the keypad cover and there are no tabs digging into your wrists when you have palms on the keyboard like some other brands.

I would highly recommend this!
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 12, 2013
There wasn't much to choose from after I bought my Macbook Pro (retina) and wanted a a cover / keyboard combo. This was one of the only choices at the time, but it's great. The case is matte purple and the keyboard cover is non-intrusive, easy-to-read flexible protection. I've already spilled iced tea and nothing got through. Case just snaps on and fits snugly. Keyboard cover is flexible, easy to clean, and you can't tell it's a cover. I've had several people ask me how I ordered a mac with purple keys...
on October 24, 2013
I feel like I should have gotten this a long time ago. I was cautious about buying this since I saw so many reviews that the case cover didn't fit their Macbooks or Macbook Pros. But they put a picture up there to tell you which model this is for, which is the model I have. I have the all white Macbook (NOT Macbook Pro) that I bought in 2010. I don't know how long this model was around though. The hard case cover and keyboard cover fits perfectly. My only complaint is that the paint on the left side of some of the bottom keys on the keyboard cover isn't perfect (some paint went over the border). But that is minor and hardly noticeable.
review image review image review image review image review image
on August 9, 2012
I have a 15-inch Macbook Pro from 2011. I bought an expensive Speck teal case (it was close to $60) to protect it, but constant wear and tear, small spills, and scratches has made the cover look rather old. I still love my speck case, and will most likely use it when taking my Macbook on long journeys, but I wanted something new to use at home.

This case is lovely. It's a perfect shade of purple, and the keyboard cover matches perfectly. I haven't tried damaging my Macbook to test out the case, and most likely will never TRY to, but so far it's protected my computer nicely. The bottom has fan grates on to keep it from overheating, but as with any case, the computer will overheat more than without a case. The protection is worth it. Keep your computer on a cooling pad if it overheats often.

Since I have an older Macbook, the case is missing a spot in the back, where the monitor and hd meet (such was not the case with my Speck case, which was made specifically for that version of Macbook). I don't have a huge problem with this, but it should be noted if you have an older Macbook. The case still fits perfectly.
on July 16, 2013
I noticed there are some mixed reviews on this product, so please read this BEFORE you purchase this case. My case fit perfectly, everything snapped in and the color is excellent (the apple logo shines through still).

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION. I have a white MacBook unibody (the later model) and it has the more rounded corners. This won't fit a MacBook Pro or the more square white MacBook. it's a great product so if you have the right laptop for this case I highly recommend it.
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
UPDATE August 24, 2014: Two years after my original purchase and I am still using this case. It has protected my computer well and is still in great shape! Read my original review below:

I just got a new 13" MacBook Pro, and determined to protect it, I decided to get a case for it. (Although I don't think I seriously abused my last computer, I didn't really take that good care of it either, and it got to the point where it was barely functional.) I looked at several different cases until I had narrowed it down to to this one and the iPearl mCover case. At first I was going to choose the latter because I read about the little feet that hold the laptop up and supposedly help with the cooling system. Then I read some reviews indicating that those feet weren't sturdy and that some people found their cases were too loose. They also reported that they had tried to get in touch with the manufacturers and had not heard back. In my opinion, this did not bode well.

On the other hand, in the reviews for the TopCase model, most were quite positive (though I'm aware of how few there are so far), and anyone who had any difficulties reported that TopCase had gotten back to them promptly and sent them replacements. Also, I like the fact that this model is "rubberized." The fact that I wouldn't have to order a separate keyboard skin cover didn't hurt either. The mouse pad was an additional bonus.

My order arrived well ahead of schedule, but as it turned out, the bottom part of my case was too loose. However, as soon as I reported this to TopCase, they sent me a replacement, which arrived equally promptly. This time, the case snapped on perfectly. I am very pleased with both the product and the customer service.

My one complaint, though I suspect this is true of most cases, is that the case does seem to cause my laptop to heat up. I had been warned by an Apple "genius" that leaving the keyboard skin cover on was a bad idea, since the keyboard is part of the venting system, so I only place the skin on when I'm typing. However, even with that off but the rest of the case still on, the computer still heats up. Even when I have left it alone for a while. It doesn't get terribly hot, but it is certainly warm, and when I tested the computer with the bottom case off, it remained cool. So in spite of the cutouts, the case does seem to interfere with the cooling system. So now when I'm at home, I leave the bottom case off, and just snap it on when I take it to school.

Also, be sure to actually SHUT DOWN your computer before transporting it. Don't just put it in sleep mode. I made that mistake with my last computer, which I think is the main reason why it got so messed up.

As for the keyboard skin cover, I find that it doesn't interfere with my typing at all. But I play the piano so perhaps I'm more used to striking keys with more force. Also, as others have said, it is true that some of the characters are misaligned with the characters on the keys underneath. However, it's not something I mind very much, but maybe that's because I hardly look at the keyboard when I type.

One star removed due to the fact that it heats up the computer, but overall, a good product and one I would recommend.
44 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
I ordered only a few days ago and it showed up fast!! Kudos to the seller to getting this out promptly.

I have provided pic's with notes on the cover. Some people have complained on the monitor to not opening all the way, well there is a reason why! It'd been nice for the seller to maybe provide instructions on this with the item, but I can easily clear this up and your troubles here.

Check out the photos and the notes. There are notches (for lack of better words) on the covers. When putting them on, I did the same exact thing, put it on backwards. And when I tried to open the monitor past 90 degrees had the same problem and a loud pop, that I assumed I broke the plastic.

After looking at it, I reversed the covers from front to back and wha-la! Fixed the problem, monitor opens fine.

The keyboard cover, well I don't think it's too fancy, think it's cuz I'm not use to it, trying to type with it now. It's just a rubbery piece that lays over the keys. Mine ended up with a bubble in the spacebar area so it doesn't sit flat like needed. I would have like to see the keys area be a little deeper (it's shallow) so it actually settles onto the keys and fit around them better. If the cover ends up doing this I will definitely up date. But for today (just received it) March 13, 2013 I can't say I like it too well.
on May 30, 2012
Over all the Case Cover is great. Here is what you need to know before buying...

Pros: The case is hard and durable.
Cons: When attaching the case it case be somewhat of a chore to get the lid to seat correctly. I suggest attaching the back side (3 clips) first.

The reason I docked a star is due to the lid hinges having to be worked a little before seating correctly.

As far as the keyboard cover...

Pros: VERY thin. This is not a bad thing because being thin allows for fast typing without feeling like you are typing on a tire.
Cons: The back side (closest to the user) can curve upwards, but is not really a problem.

Over all you get more than your monies worth out of this. Plus come on dude, it's orange! Nuff said.
on December 21, 2013
Quick shipping, worth the money. I posted pictures of it in royal blue. Only cons are the keyboard protector notsitting perfectly flat and the eject button is misprinted as a power button. But it does it's job and doesn't affect closure or leave prints on the screen.