1,595 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!
Published 22 months ago by lanieemichele

3.0 out of 5 stars Case Story
The case looks good and is sturdy but the keypad cover doesn't fit well. It is sloppy & effects the looks of your Mac. Overall if you want to buy go only for the case. It's nice.
Published on June 23, 2012 by Author

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, September 11, 2012
I ordered this product for my Macbook. Since I'm a college student, my computer goes everywhere with me. I wanted a case that was durable and cute. I also like to eat near my computer so I really wanted a keyboard cover as well. When this product arrived I was thrilled by what I received! I did have ONE slight issue. The keyboard cover did not lay flat on the keys. I emailed the company and within 24 hours they responded and sent me a new keyboard cover which arrived in less then 2 days! They have great costumer service! I am thrilled with this product! The case is really well made and looks adorable too! Totally buy this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great service, good product, but it does heat up my laptop a little, August 31, 2012
I just got a new 13" MacBook Pro, and determined to protect it, I decided to get a case for it. (Although I don't think I seriously abused my last computer, I didn't really take that good care of it either, and it got to the point where it was barely functional.) I looked at several different cases until I had narrowed it down to to this one and the iPearl mCover case. At first I was going to choose the latter because I read about the little feet that hold the laptop up and supposedly help with the cooling system. Then I read some reviews indicating that those feet weren't sturdy and that some people found their cases were too loose. They also reported that they had tried to get in touch with the manufacturers and had not heard back. In my opinion, this did not bode well.

On the other hand, in the reviews for the TopCase model, most were quite positive (though I'm aware of how few there are so far), and anyone who had any difficulties reported that TopCase had gotten back to them promptly and sent them replacements. Also, I like the fact that this model is "rubberized." The fact that I wouldn't have to order a separate keyboard skin cover didn't hurt either. The mouse pad was an additional bonus.

My order arrived well ahead of schedule, but as it turned out, the bottom part of my case was too loose. However, as soon as I reported this to TopCase, they sent me a replacement, which arrived equally promptly. This time, the case snapped on perfectly. I am very pleased with both the product and the customer service.

My one complaint, though I suspect this is true of most cases, is that the case does seem to cause my laptop to heat up. I had been warned by an Apple "genius" that leaving the keyboard skin cover on was a bad idea, since the keyboard is part of the venting system, so I only place the skin on when I'm typing. However, even with that off but the rest of the case still on, the computer still heats up. Even when I have left it alone for a while. It doesn't get terribly hot, but it is certainly warm, and when I tested the computer with the bottom case off, it remained cool. So in spite of the cutouts, the case does seem to interfere with the cooling system. So now when I'm at home, I leave the bottom case off, and just snap it on when I take it to school.

Also, be sure to actually SHUT DOWN your computer before transporting it. Don't just put it in sleep mode. I made that mistake with my last computer, which I think is the main reason why it got so messed up.

As for the keyboard skin cover, I find that it doesn't interfere with my typing at all. But I play the piano so perhaps I'm more used to striking keys with more force. Also, as others have said, it is true that some of the characters are misaligned with the characters on the keys underneath. However, it's not something I mind very much, but maybe that's because I hardly look at the keyboard when I type.

One star removed due to the fact that it heats up the computer, but overall, a good product and one I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, August 3, 2013
This review is from: TopCase 2 in 1 Rubberized PURPLE Hard Case Cover and Keyboard Cover for Macbook Pro 13-inch (A1278/with or without Thunderbolt) with TopCase Mouse Pad (Electronics)
I was looking at every store & every website for a nice case for my new MacBook Pro but some were too expensive or not the color I wanted. I saw this case & immediately fell in love. The color & keyboard cover is EXACTLY as depicted in the photos. I love that you can still see the Apple logo through the case whether it's lit up or not. The case can show fingerprints easily but I've found that a dry cloth wipes away prints easily! The case is a perfect fit & it was easy to snap on. It did come in an envelope but it was not damaged at all so thank goodness for that! As for the keyboard cover, it aligned with all my keys perfectly & when I type, it doesn't move around. It does take some getting used to, it has a very soft, gummy feel to it but I like that it'll help to keep my board free of debris & it's easy to wipe clean as well! Just either wash with warm water & soap or use baby wipes! When my keyboard lights up, you can still see it under the keyboard cover which is a plus! As for shipping speed, I was very satisfied! I ordered this on a Wednesday & received it on a Saturday which was 4 days EARLIER than the estimated delivery date so I was super excited to see this in my mailbox! I love purple & I would recommend this to anyone who loves purple. This is a very soft, lavender color & the keyboard cover is a darker purple. If anyone has any questions about this product, I'd be more than happy to help!

3.0 out of 5 stars Case Story, June 23, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PURCHASE!, June 25, 2012
The product is exactly what I was hoping for and it was shipped promptly. I have never received an online order so quickly!
The cover and the keyboard cover fit perfectly and seem to be durable products!
I highly recommend this product! The pricing is also a plus in comparison to the price of sale of about $50 at an Apple retail store.

5.0 out of 5 stars TopCase 2 in 1 is Awesome, July 4, 2013
I chose this rating because the case and the keyboard cover is awesome and is perfect for a 13" MacBook Pro.
i really liked this because it fits perfectly, also if you were wondering with this case your able to see the apple light up through the case. I would recommend this product to any who is looking for a case thats won't scratch or dent the outside its a plastic hard case that feels soft like rubber.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really love the color, but already cracked and broken., April 29, 2013
I have had this case for about a month or so. I love love love the color very much.
One of my initial problems with this case was the fact that it always seemed to look greased up and shows all fingerprints, however, I intended to look past it. Seeing that I paid over $20, including shipping, I really did not intend on going through any hassling to return it. Especially since I really need a case.

Within the past couple of weeks however, I have noticed that there are cracks in at least two different places, as well as an actual broken off spot. Mind you, I am extremely paranoid with my laptop, so I don't handle it in any aggressive way, as well as I do not carry it around. It is usually sitting on my desk in my room.

Overall, I like the case. It is aesthetically pleasing, as well as it gives the impression of durability. I am just very disappointed by the cracks and broken off piece in the corner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Case is great, keyboard guard not so much, February 5, 2013
The case to protect you Mac is awesome, fits like a glove. The keyboard protector makes it very difficult to type, so not really using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted!, August 28, 2012
This product was exactly what I was looking for! It fits my Macbook Pro 13-inch perfectly! It is made of strong, durable plastic, and looks great! The purple is a great color and shows the logo nicely- no hole in the middle like some! I was skeptical of the keyboard cover but now that I have seen it and used it, I can vouch that it is also perfect! The color is great and it's not too thick. Overall I am extremely satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for a colorful and protective cover for both their computer and keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute AND functional, June 10, 2012
Quality product protects my computer keyboard and the case while also being cute! The shipment was SUPER FAST! Stays on computer but easy to remove of you ever want to switch colors. Thanks!

Rate and Discover Movies