5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the bedbugs bite (2).....
Published on June 21, 2010 by U.N. Owen

2.0 out of 5 stars Alcohol with a little pesticide
I got this for our bed bug infestation. It's not an amazing product as it doesn't leave a residual, if it does it's not very effective.
When you spray this on bed bugs, it kills them on contact only, forget about spraying it around to prevent bugs.
Published on June 8, 2010 by HouseWifeMe

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the bedbugs bite (2)....., June 21, 2010
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
I'm a NYC'er. In the past decade, bedbugs have made an (unfortunate) resurgence. To make a long story short; they're the most annoying, insidious pest. Unlike roaches, bedbugs have NOTHING to do with keeping your apartment clean. It can happen to ANYONE. Once you have them, you won't notice them at first, as they're sooooo small. But you'll start scratching. When they become adults, again - you still really won't see them, because they come out at dawn. They're in & out. Once you've reached for the light-switch - they're gone.

Then (oy!) you look at your sheets, and you might see little (red - blood) dots, or maybe even a couple. BUT, when you pull off the sheets in horror, and look at the SEAM areas.... you're gonna be sick.

The first impulse is to reach for the 'bug spray,' usually roach killer. Uh un. Don't work.

When you've got them, that means they've gotten IN to your; mattress, sheets, carpets, clothes...EVERYWHERE.

There are chemicals that DO work (and ones that DON'T) Sterifab is one that DOES.

FYI; here in NYC, you can even get bedbugs by sitting on a subway BENCH. Someone has them, and while you're sitting, they fall off them, and come to you. UGH!

Knowing that (and once having a HORRIBLE problem with them at my grandma's who (naturally) thought we were attacking her cleanliness), I know what hell it can be to deal with them, and get rid of them.

I like to err on the side of caution. While I DON'T have them, I always want to be PROACTIVE, and have a bedbug insecticide on hand. Every few months, I do a light misting - of all my furniture, and in my closets - just to be safe. Sterifab is a GREAT product to have on hand, in addition to using as a first line offensive weapon.

No one expects this to happen to them, and like most - you're embarrassed if it does happen. You DON'T want to tell anyone, but you DO need info.If you DO have an infestation, (depending on how severe) you might have to throw your mattress out. You need to take ALL your clothes/sheets and BOIL them clean. You can call a professional (and, if it's that bad - call them!) , or you can arm yourself with an insecticide arsenal that woks. Sterifab, Bedlam & JT Easton's KILLS BEDBUGS RED LABEL - NOT blue! (that last one - JT - that's the name on the bottle. Those 3 are probably the best (be careful with the JT. It's strong, powerful, and if you spray it on something your about to wear (let it dry overnight), it CAN cause skin burns.

Any professional will tell you these 3 are the best.

So, even if you're not itching, be smart; check your sheets, check your mattress SEAMS. If you don't have them - great. But, if you do, here's the best advice I can offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for certain purposes, but USE CAUTION, November 17, 2009
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
We did not buy this product for bedbugs. We bought it for sterlizing / insecticiding clothing and materials that were used on camping trips in the woods (to avoid bringing ticks, fleas, mites, and other bugs into the home after being out in the wild). We also used it to kill mold on certain surfaces both indoors and out. To those extents, SteriFab does a great job for instant-contact tasks. However, it is not a risidual and not a real solution for people who have ongoing insect infestation problems. It's a contact-killer.

A word of caution - this spray can erode and ruin certain surfaces. For example, since we were getting a bit of mold in one of our toilets we decided to try it out on that. It did kill off the mold, BUT we got some overspray accidentally onto the toilet seat and it melted the finish right off. If you are intending to spray this on anything other than fabric, I would strongly recommend that you do a tiny test spot, let it sit for a minute, and then wipe it away. This way you can make sure it's not going to caustically disolve the finish right off of whatever surface you are treating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, January 31, 2010
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
My mother had bedbugs in the past...once she passed away in august, I had to take custody of my two brothers...AND THEIR STUFF! Yep...i got bedbugs...i was the only one getting bit...every single night! I went a little over board and may have used a little more than i should have, but I have yet to see another bug since November! Great product...for something that i just bought cuz it was worth a try!

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is (bed bug content)., September 23, 2012
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
If you have bed bugs this product will kill them on site, supposedly, it does not work after it is sprayed. The issue is people are complaining because they do not know what it is and how to use it correctly for bedbugs, it is NOT a magic potion. It's mostly pure alcohol, there is an insecticide in it though. It will kill the bed bugs you cannot see, they are so small when young, the size of a pin head. The bigger ones you can see and this should kill almost all.

Some are resistant to everything except Boric Acid or Diatomaceous earth, they scratch their outer skeleton, that causes them to dehydrate and die within 2 weeks. They will die period, none will survive a surface scratch by those products. So it takes a few types of insecticides along with Diatomaceoues Earth and a good cleaning with Steri-fab or even pure Ammonia will work OK, but the Steri-Fab is for immediate CONTACT kills.

Heat or freezing also will kill them. But some are resistant and it takes a number of products and treatments. Once you have not seen any or have not gotten bit by a bed bug it takes 3 months before technically you are clear. You can still get an infestation if someone near you still has them. So you must keep the attack up even if you are clear.

Get a system together and keep doing it. Get rid of anything that has an infestation. I threw out my bed and furniture and replaced them with a metal frame and the mattress has a special cover for it. Anything I did not need made of wood or paper went out to the garbage after I sealed it in plastic. Right now I have my invaluable books in a sealed box waiting for treatment by me with diatomaceous earth. I must implore anybody with a bedbug problem that they must use a number of different products, strong chemical insecticides because some will be resistant. You do not want resistant ones to breed, so you must keep using a few different products. This is war!!!!

It seems most of these so called professional exterminators are as bad as those old time auto mechanics. If they get rid of them they don't have to keep coming back. So they never really get rid of them. Not all exterminators are like that but it seems like most are just plain lazy. It's expensive to use these products correctly, they would rather use less and charge you more. I recommend you read as much as possible about bed bugs, buy the materials yourself anyway you can get them. Use overlapping products and keep using them, don't go cheap.

Those so called green products do not work. You need strong insecticides and use them correctly, get rid of clutter, get rid of wood and paper products that are not sealed. Also use chalking to seal any hole or crack, don't give them a way in. Use the Diatomaceous earth in strategic areas, this is a must. Again you must get rid of clutter, seal you home up and clean everything with either ammonia, bleach or this stuff depending on the place it is. I would not use this stuff to clean anywhere you will eat it does contain an insecticide. Don't give them a place to hide and breed.

If you read about them it will amaze you. They can live for months without food (your blood) in places you didn't know are there, cracks so small you can't see them. Clean your home, get rid of clutter. I got them because a woman who lives in the apartment below me likes to go garbage picking. She was infested, why did she wait? Because she's a PIG!!! She also lives with roaches and water bugs, disgusting. So I have experience with bug infestations, I have miss piggy hoarder living beneath me. Hoarding is a mental illness, if you are one go for help.

2.0 out of 5 stars Alcohol with a little pesticide, June 8, 2010
It smells very strong because of the alcohol and makes the whole room stink like that for at least 30 mins, do make sure you ventilate after use!
It may be great for the other purposes stated on the bottle, but if you have bedbugs, it's best just to use 91% iso pro alcohol and be done with it.
This is too expensive for what it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as part of a comprehensive system, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
This product works against bed bugs in the Sierras, but it's not a solution because it doesn't kill the eggs. Here's the thing though... this little bottle is expensive and goes fast. If this is your primary way of dealing with bed buds, you are going to lose control and drive yourself crazy with having to time the spraying and drying of things and spraying yourself into a frenzy.

I am glad I had this product when I did because it helped me deal with my boots and bed until my packtite arrived [a week behind schedule]. You are supposed to saturate the boots and then wait for them to dry before wearing them. Fortunately I could rotate boots, because obviously saturated boots take more than a jiff to dry. Some people ask whether or not you can use this on suede - yes. Both my rotation boots were suede and neither is worse for wear. I would have gone nuts without this little bottle, but I would go broke [from the price] and crazy [from the timing of the spraying/drying] if the packtite didn't finally arrive. Thank God, it did.

This is what you need to know if you have bed bugs - only cooking their eggs will ever free you of them. If you can't afford a packtite, you can use your oven, or boil your things in big pasta pots. But be very careful - some things will be ruined by the process and some things will fume terribly to the point where you have to leave the house with the windows all opened. The recomendation is to heat them to 120* for an hour. I find that they need 150* for an hour and 40 minutes. [Maybe it's the the high altitude?] If you can afford the packtite, get it immediately and bake those little suckers before they have a chance to lay their eggs all over your stuff. The monitors keep the temp and fumes under control and you don't have to wonder whether or not your stuff will get ruined and the bugs and eggs will die - no and yes.

As for this stuff, it does what it claims to do, and helped me get a handle on my situation. I would recommend Sterifab as part of a more comprehensive system of attack on bedbugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, February 29, 2008
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
The product is good and I had purchased this before but not from Colonial Medical which is the company I purchased from through Amazon. The service of Colonial Medical was terrible and shipping was not only slow they went my package to the wrong side of the continent and customer service confirmed that it was on their end that someone their had typed the zip code incorrectly. Even though I contacted the company, they did nothing to make up for being so late delivering this product. Whereas I would definitely recommend this product, it is terrific and kills so many different kinds of pests that one would never think possible, I definitely would not recommend buying it from Colonial Medical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steri-Fab, pint size, July 6, 2009
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
This is the absolute best product for sterilizing any type of fabric, upholstery or hard surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is great, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
When I first found bed bugs in my apartment, I called for professional help. But after a few months I noticed bed bug bites again and did not want to go through the hassle with sanitation again (they make you put all your belongings in plastic bag before they come). After I tried everel ather stuff that I found in Homedepot and it did not help I used Diatomaceous Earth and Sterifab and it helped. But I was not sure, what exactly helped. So recently we had bed bugs again (I live in an old apartment building) and I only used Sterifab. And they were gone after I used three or four days in a row. This is great! Even the super of the building asked what I used, because he did not see such a good result with other stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Stuff Works!!!!!!!, January 15, 2010
This review is from: Sterifab (Lawn & Patio)
After hundreds of dollars spent on an exterminator, I found Steri-Fab on the web and purchased it because of good reviews. This product is terrific! It got rid of ALL the bed bugs. Save your hard-earned money if you are considering bringing someone in and go buy a bottle of Steri-Fab. This is an AWESOME product and inexpensive for the wonderful job that it does! This is the real deal.

Sterifab