5.0 out of 5 stars Should be the standard for wedges
Ok. It's a wedge. It doesn't really have to do much except hold a few things and fit under the saddle. My requirements were:

1.) Well made--check.
Published on July 24, 2007 by Chino

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller Than I thought
Published on November 16, 2009 by R. Romero

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be the standard for wedges, July 24, 2007

1.) Well made--check.
The construction of the Topeak Aero Wedge is solid. Quality fabric on the upper portion; the lower portion (lighter in color in the pic) has a plastic-like shell (to help repel water and dirt). The quick release buckles (for the straps that attach it to the saddle rails) are (relatively) beefy for what they have to do. The pack has some reinforcements so that it holds its shape regardless of whether you have it empty or full. Also, when attached to my saddle, the Topeak Aero Wedge does not rattle or move around too much while I ride.

2.) Holds my stuff--check.
I needed a seat wedge to hold 3 things for my ride--my wallet and cash, my (large) cellphone (Cingular 8125), and my keys. The medium Topeak Aero Wedge does so with room to spare--AND that's without having expanded the thing. I can easily stuff a small toolkit, tube or a wrench or two in there as well if I expand it. If you're stuck for space, there are a few elastic loops on the bottom which are designed to hold a small hand/CO2 pump.

3.) Safety features--check.
My final requirement was that the wedge has some basic safety features. The Topeak Aero Wedge has a reflective strip across the rear of the pack as well as a loop on the lower portion of the rear to clip a reflector or a light to it. I don't understand why so many seat packs out there do not feature this.

Some other features: The interior has a couple of elastic loops across the top, useful for holding a tool kit or a tube separate from your other stuff. The opening flap has a small mesh pocket that you can use to hold money or your keys. The opening flap is also gusseted (small flaps on either side that go up approximately halfway), so that you can open it while it's attached to the bike and stuff won't fall out to one side or the other.

Finally, I chose the "strap-on" version versus the "clip-on" version (Areo Wedge Pack with fixer) because 1.) I feel that the straps allow the pack to ride "higher" and "tighter" into the saddle, and 2.) the quick release tab on the clip-on version seems thin and flimsy and might break off. I don't know if it's replaceable on the clip-on version.

Regards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag!, September 23, 2008
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
This Topeak seat bag is a great little bag. The medium size is a perfect fit on my road bike. Just big enough to hold all my essentials, yet not so big that it touches the backs of my legs while pedaling. I can fit 2 inner tubes, 2 tire levers, multi-tool, a C02 inflater & extra cartridge, plus my cellphone into this bag. I also love how it slopes downward to contour the lines of a road bike. But I think one of the best features of this bag, is that there are elastic straps and a pocket to hold loose items in place so that they don't bounce around and make a lot of racket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big enough and small enough, April 12, 2007
Michael Couto (New Bedford, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
I bought this pack for my Trek 6000 mountain bike. It is just big enough for a spare tube and the Blackburn Airfix inflator/multitool. It is small enough to fit perfectly under the back of my saddle without any protrusion and small enough not to add too much weight. I chose the velcro version because they can be tightened up closer to the bottom of the saddle and more securely. The other version seems to hang from the saddle and bounce freely under it.

As a side note, I have the small aero wedge pack with velcro for my Trek road bike because the tube takes much less space. A tight fit with both and carrying what I really need in case of a flat, chain problem or necessary tweak.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller Than I thought, November 16, 2009
R. Romero "RRR" (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
I picked the medium based on all the reviews I read. It fits an inner-tube, t-wrench and tire levers. I can probably squeeze a phone in and some keys. There isn't much room left although and can unzip the mid zipper and get about an inch more. Construction is good and fit is a bit awkward as it doesn't fit the contour of the seat post and the seat bottom on my bike. I opted for the velcro model after all the bad reviews regarding the one with the "fixer". Overall I'm satisfied. I can't imagine buying the small model if you want to carry a tube and some wrenches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Picked the Perfect Pack, July 9, 2009
M. Martin (West Bend, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
I generally ride between 15 and 50 miles on a daily basis. I needed a pack that would be able to hold the essentials without being huge. The Topeak was the perfect solution.

Here's what is in my pack (with the pack expanded):
1 - Inflator nozzle
2 - CO2 cartridges
2 - Tire sticks
1 - Spare tube (700x25) in its box
1 - Large cellphone (Blackberry Storm)
1 - DL & Credit Card
1 - Set of car keys
1 - Powerbar Gel Pack

If I do not bring my cellphone, I can easily close the expansion zipper.

This pack holds everything quite nicely and the it is firmly held to the bike. My only concern is that the zipper touches the underside of the seat, making it rather difficult to zip/unzip the pack. Other than that, it's great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Design flaw for durability, August 28, 2010
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
I've been riding with this wedge for less than a year, with about 1,700 miles of use. I researched extensively and was willing to pay a few extra $ for a higher quality product. At first was very happy with the wedge and its size, quality, and feel. I was very disappointed when I noticed a seam coming apart after about 7 months. There is a thin plastic(?) insert in the bag keeping the wedge stiff from the opening along its top that aligns perfectly with the top seam by the opening. The swinging of the wedge that comes from normal riding and hill climbing will cause this stiff insert to rub against this seam breaking it down. Its just a matter of time. 7 months is not what I would consider acceptable product durability. This is my second bad experience with a Topeak product. There won't be any more opportunities for a third.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits your stuff and doesn't get in the way., December 6, 2008
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
This bag is perfect for any bike. It has a surprising capacity and a sharp style. The size and shape is perfect for storing spare tubes and repair tools with perhaps room to spare for keys. Thanks to the secure straps, this bag stays put and doesn't budge. One reason I chose this bag over other bags such as the Specialized dirt bag is that that this bag maintains it's shape no matter what is inside. Where other bags tend to look unattractive and deformed when partly filled, this bag always remains stylish. An excellent product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
The bag was nice but just didn't last. This bag seemed to be well made and looked good under my seat. It was relatively water resistant for my stuff on the inside and if cinched tightly, it didn't have an excessive amount of jiggle. The medium bag easily fits a tube, bike multi tool, keys and a cell phone. I used it solely off road for 2 months before one of the straps pulled its stitching loose which also ripped the side of the bag. For the duration, it only held a tube, plastic tire tools, multi tool, and occasionally a cell phone, so it was certainly not overly taxed with weight.

For perspective, I should say that I ride on fairly rough trails and average 200+ off road miles per month. However, I have a Cannondale seat bag that has lasted for 15 years under similar conditions and is still functioning. I'm sure I'll never find a bag to top that but I want more than 2 months out of it. For road riders, I could recommend this bag. For off road, it is not up to the task.

**UPDATE**
I contacted Topeak and they suggested I send it back and they would replace it. The replacement was the same model bag which will have the same problem, but at least the customer service was good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stitching is weak, July 25, 2010
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
I have less than 100 miles of use with this bag. The stitching is coming loose and there's a hole worn near the start of the zipper. The bag hasn't held up to the abuse of mountain biking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Medium is Too Big, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium) (Sports)
Based on the reviews here, I ordered a medium. It fits my bike, but it's huge: a better product for a commuter bike than a road bike. I can easily fit two tubes, two co2 cartridges, a roll of tape, a pocket knife, cell phone, etc in the main compartment. The front flap has a mesh pocket that easily fits my multitool and could hold a lot more.

The capacity is great, except it's so big it's a bit of an eyesore on my road bike. I'd recommend a smaller size with less capacity for serious riders.

Topeak Aero Wedge Pack with Buckle (Medium)
$24.99 $18.98