Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more

on March 7, 2007
It doesn't say it in the description, but there is a screw on the bottom that allows you to adjust the cage for all sorts of drink sizes. Never have to worry about it being to big/small....
on June 7, 2008
I love CamelBak's medium-sized 750ml bottles, but this is the only cage I've found that will hold them. It adjusts easily to fit a wide range of wide and narrow bottles. Topeak came up with a clever idea and implemented it brilliantly. This cage is simple, practical, and effective.
on June 13, 2007
I installed this on my bike in about 30 seconds. I like the feel of it and the fact that it adjusts easily with the turn of a screw (by hand). I think a cage that adjusts to bottle size with a spring, i.e. where you can pull back the outer part of the cage and let close on the bottle, would make more sense (it be faster and easier to use on the go than a screw) but 'it is what it is.'
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2008
Great water bottle cage. It adjusts to allow bigger bottles by a little knob on the bottom you can turn looser or tighten for smaller bottles. Easy to install, all you need is the two little screws that screw onto the frame of the bike. It doesn't come with the screws though but most bikes have them already. If all you have are two holes there, then you'll have to find/buy the correct screws to install. Hope this helps future purchasers!
on September 28, 2009
I bought this cage to hold a Thermos 18-Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Charcoal It mounts and adjusts easily and it is easy to get my bottle in and out without a lot of looking at it/slowing down. The only thing I can say that even approaches a negative about this cage is that it does slightly mar the surface of the brushed aluminum on the bottle - not scratch it, but you will be able to see where it contacted the bottle as you take it out and put it back in. It is very slight, and seems to mostly disappear when I rub the bottle, but it would not be fair to not mention it. It is also only fair to mention that Topeak makes an all-Nylon cage that I could have chosen if keeping my bottle in pristine appearance was all important. It wasn't, I didn't, and I am very happy with my choice.
on September 13, 2009
I spent a lot of time looking for a bottle cage that would accept a coffee container as well as a water bottle. This was the only one I found that was easily adjustable by turning a set screw. I also purchased the Nissan hot/cold thermos container that allows me to carry either cold or hot contents and it fits perfectly in this bottle cage. This Modula waterbottle cage is well made and looks professional but is not as durable as the beefier wire type cages. I'm very pleased with it. Although some comments have indicated that a standard plastic water bottle "rattles around" in the holder, the store bought smaller water bottle does not fall out unless you're on a rough trail, however in that case, it would seem prudent for you to use a pull/push valve water container made for that purpose, or buy the larger size of store bought water bottle that fits tighter.
on April 14, 2011
I ordered this bottle cage to put on my MTB I use for commuting to work and rides after work. The cage seems to be made of good materials and is one of the few adjustable cages. I may put a bit more grease on the screwing mechanism on the bottom to prevent rusting of the screw in the long term. It does come with a little bit of grease already.

It has a thumb screw at the bottom and you simply twist to make it smaller or larger. I have a 20 oz Nalgene bottle (somewhat skinny) in it and the bottle is snug near the largest opening. The screws were included with my bike and were not in the packaging with the water bottle cage. I tried to put the 32oz Powerade bottle as shown in the user submitted picture, but was not successful. Not trying to flame, but it seemed either very tight even before I mounted the cage on the bike or perhaps I need to get used to the bottle cage to find a way to slide it in. Either way though, my frame wouldn't have allowed it to fit since the opening is not high enough. The lesson is that even if your bottle cage holds a large bottle, like a bottle of wine, your frame may not have enough space to allow the bottle to fit in the carrier, so that is something you should investigate about your bike. I don't use the bike for rides longer than 10 miles at this time, so 20oz is enough water for me. I also have the Topeak bike rack and a cargo net, so securing larger volumes of water, clothes and food is not a problem for me.

It is in the same price range as a non-adjustable bottle cage, so it seemed like a good deal. It does not loosen up and expand while riding. Overall, it is a great bottle cage, I only removed one star because it seems strong enough to hold quite a bit of water, they might have been able to make it open larger for bigger bottles, but larger bottles have an increased risk of falling out when going off a curb or on MTB trails. I only wish my other larger Nalgene bottle would fit in it.
on April 26, 2012
I bought this cage to better fit strange bottles like a wine bottle or a larger tool kit tin that would otherwise not fit into a normal water bottle cage.

It works well and the size and tension of the cage can be easily adjusted.

The weight penalty isn't too bad although it is heavier than a minimalist alloy wire cage.

The cage looks handsome although a bit unconventional in shape and design of course. The adjusting screw is simple to use and is self-explanatory. I don't use this cage all the time but when I want to carry a funky bottle this cage gets pulled out of the shop bin and mounted on my bike.

I don't think anyone could ask for much more than that. And at a good price I don't have a single thing to really complain about this adjustable cage other than a few extra grams.
on September 16, 2007
Fits multiple sized bottle. I can put up to a 750mL bottle nice for longer trips. Not too heavy but then again who notices weight on a waterbottle cage
on December 2, 2008
As others have mentioned, this holder is adjustable. Because of this, it lends itself to carry item other than water bottles. I sometimes use it to carry bottle of wine to friends' for dinner (nice and secure). The plastic backing also keeps the wine bottle from hitting the frame.

Another favorite use is to carry a sub from my favorite local deli (Bay Cities Italian Deli). I wouldn't think of using a normal bottle cage to do this lest it crushes my meatball or prosciutto subs.

At the smallest setting, it carries a normal sports/water bottle just fine although small 10 or 12oz bottled waters will rattle.

For $4 plus free shipping, this simply can't be beat.