Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 26, 2012
I bought this fattener 2 months ago. I have been trying to decide if it really works or am I just hoping it does. Should I buy more, or forget about it. My hair is curly, not long. I have some thinning hair, especially at the crown of my head where it swirls. On the product it says to use on wet or dry hair.
DRY: First I tried it after I finished drying my hair. I thouht it might be heavy and ruin my curls, so I let my curls form from drying first. But it made my hair dry and dull. I did not like the look or the feel.
WET: I tried it when my hair was wet, in just the area of my crown, twisting it a bit. I wasn't sure it really made a difference. One day I'd use it, the next not. I felt the crown area was always a bit dry and coarser when I used it. Not thicker or curlier. It didn't seem that much better. Maybe some. Not what I wanted.
WHAT WORKED FOR ME: I wanted to retain my curls, but that they look thicker. I was ready to decide it doesn't really work. Then I though I'd give it a try with my hair not wet, but not quite fully dry. I dried my hair as usual, but stopped before it was fully dry. Then I put some Fattener on my fingers, rubbed my hands together and fluffed up my curls. I found it worked! My hair looks thicker, and it is still soft and curly. Also,(as a note) my hands did not feel greasy or oily after the application. I guess if you buy it, you really have to try it different ways. I see from other reviews, that it seems to work for some people and not for others. I took off 1 star because it took me so long to find the right method for me.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2008
Wonderfull Product that really gives volume to my thinning hair. My mother even tried it (and she isn't thinning.. but she was well pleased with the product...
5 stars... and with this product... Less is more... if you take to much your hair can get hard to style...
on November 3, 2010
Have very thin, fine hair and have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. Get this product and you will NOT be sorry.
on July 2, 2010
I had hair transplants about 10 yrs ago and at the time had more of my original hair left. FF 10 yrs and pretty much am left with what has been transplanted. Read a few reviews on this and since I didn't want hair in a can decided to give this a whirl. Really works well. You can actually see your hair thicken up as you use it. Use very little however as a dab will do you. Roughly about the size of a dime in the palm of your hand. Also feel like this has made my hair thicker. Good product and well priced as a bottle should last you a yr or so.
on January 27, 2011
I use just a little bit of this on my hair before blowdrying. It really does make my hair thicker and I need to use a lot less toppek hair fibers which is good. Now, the Toppek hair spray adds no extra value. I just use a cheap spray from the drug store.
on February 8, 2011
Don't normally rave about a product but I can't believe the difference one little bead of Toppik made on my hair! I read other reviews carefully and learned that less is best, and not to use too much if you don't want a clumpy mess. I have been getting more self conscious about thinning hair so I thought I'd try Toppik based on the favorable reviews. It took a while to arrive so I was excited to use it when it finally arrived. I used it for the first time today, just a bead as advised, and rubbed it into my scalp after shampooing. Didn't think it was doing much but noticed a big difference when I used the hair dryer. I did also use mousse as usual. My hair was fatter and fuller and the thinning area was a lot less noticeable. People at work even asked if I had ' done something different with my hair'. If just a drop of this stuff makes such a difference, the bottle will last a long,long time. Thanks, this is just what I was looking for to relieve the angst of my thinning hair!
on April 9, 2010
I've lost a lot of hair after giving birth and this helped my hair to look thicker.
on December 5, 2009
I've been exploring these sorts of products and this one is the best yet. Don't use too much, however.
on June 28, 2010
this product does help but less is best. i used way too much the first time and ended up with a gooey glob of hair. now i put some in the palm of my hand, rub it around my hands and then on my hair. sometimes i still overuse but using less looks and works a lot better and natural.
on September 26, 2009
It does what it claims without leaving the hair oily. I have been using it for many years.