5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memo Pad!
Pros

-Hardcover
-Pocket Sized
-Has Band to keep book closed
-Bookmark

Cons
-None
Published on September 23, 2009 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointed
Published on January 23, 2011 by Wendy Van Camp

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointed, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Tops Designer Notebook, Blue Cover, Ruled, 5.5 x 3.5 Inches, Premium Ivory, 96 Sheets (GJ5070) (Office Product)
I like to have small notebooks in my bags to take notes on various subjects while I'm on the go. I bought this one to dedicate to a single subject. The size is perfect, I like the different color options and I like that it closes with an elastic band so that it doesn't open in my bags. However, I find that the binding is hard and rough to the touch, the elastic not tight and will be nonfunctional all too soon and the paper quality can be compared to something out of a schoolroom. I will still use this notebook, but I'm finding that I prefer the quality of a moleskinne and will return to that brand when I need a new one. If quality of the paper and the binding is not an issue to you, you would probably be happy enough with this notebook and it is at a far more reasonable price than the similar sized moleskine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memo Pad!, September 23, 2009
Alex (Manhattan) - See all my reviews
Pros

-Hardcover
-Pocket Sized
-Has Band to keep book closed
-Bookmark

Cons
-None

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective alternative to similar small journals/notebooks., November 20, 2010
This little Tops notebook is a surprise. The construction of the notebook features stitched signatures on my blue example, and uses stiff, textured covers that remind me of a spray on truck bedliner (in a good way!). There are 96 sheets/192 pages. The well-known black notebooks feature an expanding pocket, and there is no such pocket to be found on this Tops version. I'll return to this review if any issues should arise with the little notebook, but first impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 23, 2010
Beej (Twin Cities) - See all my reviews
Very hard, durable cover. The pages are ivory-not white. Perfect size. If you want an extremely durable pocket notebook, buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars great portable notebook, July 27, 2013
I put these notebooks to a variety of uses, not the least of which is as a range notebook for each firearm that I have. They are the perfect size to fit into a backpack pocket.

The attached band does a good job keeping the notebook closed ewhen you want it closed and doubles as a place holder to keep it open to your chosen page when the wind is blowing. The included book mark is an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product...!, September 28, 2011
I sent this to a friend as a gift along with several other things. She received it promptly, and said: "the book's so cute". So I assume it was exactly as described. I highly recommend this notebook!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just ok - not worth $5.50, November 20, 2011
I am avid stationary collector and sometimes I buy notebooks just because I think it is pretty. I decided to buy this because I thought it would be good to carry a pocket book to make adhoc list during meetings but just didn't find it useful.

I am giving it 4 stars because the quality is good and the ink doesn't seep through. I don't have problem with the make. Please note it is really small - which will not work for note taking. Makes a good to-do book but not like a notebook. In the smartphone era - not worth 5.49.

I am deducting 1 points for the price point.

Rate and Discover Movies