5.0 out of 5 stars Six for the price of two ...
I actually got this package as a "Black Friday" deal on Amazon, so my price was even lower than the one posted here. I couldn't believe that they had it on the sugar-free variety pack! So 6 bottles for less than 2 bottles, with my Amazon Prime ... was a deal I couldn't resist.

Published on December 12, 2010 by Alex S

3.0 out of 5 stars A good way to try the other flavors
I loved half of these flavors, liked one, and dumped the one down the drain. I'm glad I ordered this six pack though so I didn't make the mistake of buying a three-pack of one of the flavors I didn't like. Here's what I thought of them:

Published on September 9, 2010 by Son Goku

3.0 out of 5 stars A good way to try the other flavors, September 9, 2010
Son Goku (Somewhere on Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torani Sugar Free Syrup Variety Pack, 25.4 Ounce (Pack of 6) (Grocery)

Vanilla - EXCELLENT! I've used this syrup in ice cream, coffee, diet cola, and even in a low-carb crepe recipe. It's really good and one that I will re-order on it's own.

Hazelnut - Yummy, rich flavor. It's great in coffee. I would order this again.

Raspberry - I loved this one also. It's great in coffee and berry smoothies.

Chocolate - I liked this one but it is VERY STRONG. Literally, one drop in a glass of diet cola will make it into a chocolate coke. It's good, but you don't need much. It didn't work well in coffee.

Irish Creme - I knew I wouldn't like this one so it remains unopened. I made a mistake of buying a three pack of this one once and hated it. I'll give it away to someone who will enjoy it.

CLASSIC Caramel - I don't know why Torani insists on making "Sugar Free Caramel Syrup" and "Sugar Free CLASSIC Caramel Syrup". The Classic Caramel is terrible. After experimenting and trying to find a use for this syrup I just dumped it down the drain. It's not worth it. Avoid this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Six for the price of two ..., December 12, 2010

My favorites are the Raspberry, Vanilla, and Chocolate, although I also enjoy the other three flavors.

If you aren't familiar with the Torani syrups, they are an excellent addition to your coffee, your frappes, your oatmeal, your hot chocolate: almost anything you sweeten, you can add a little Torani flavor. And unlike the creamy texture of other liquid chocolates, these are "clear." In fact, if you ask for a squirt of flavor at your local coffee shop, most likely you will receive it from one of the Torani bottles!

This summer I bought the Mr. Coffee BVMC-FM1 20-Ounce Frappe Maker and started making Ice Blended coffee at home. While I love using the flavored coffees, it is difficult to find my favorites locally in a decaf blend. It is also impossible to find most of the Torani sugar-free flavors locally, which I need as a diabetic. So throw some of this in with my regular decaf, and WOW!!! I'm in love.

Note - The one kind available in my local grocery store is a 12-oz bottle for $5, comparing to than $10 for each of these bottles. Do be cautious if you are buying the single bottles on Amazon - which run much higher than that. However, this variety pack works out to a fantastic price.

Great Taste - Great Price - Great Product. My husband only wishes that the cherry flavor came in this deal, but hey, that means I get to use all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and selection, May 4, 2011
Wendy (Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
The package of 6 price is amazing. I have been buying these in my store. One small bottle costs about $6.00. When I saw these, I thought I would never go through all of them, I'm now ordering my second set. I even ordered the pumps, which makes it super easy to measure how much you are adding, one pump or two. Normal flavor 2 pumps, chocolate often just 1 (it is strong), extra flavor or large cup might be 3.

I mainly use these in coffee. I've found flavored coffee just doesn't taste as good. I talked to a friend who owns a coffee store and he said none of the coffee stores will use the flavored coffee because you just don't get a lot of the flavor, that is why they all use the syrups, more variety and better flavor.

My main suggestion is to not be afraid of mixing the flavors, again a trick I saw in the coffee shops. I found mixing the caramel and chocolate in my coffee with milk is as close to a starbucks latte that I can get. I didn't like the raspberry much until I added a tiny bit of chocolate. Wow chocolate covered raspberries! This is great on vanilla ice Cream too. So if you find you don't like one of the flavors, try adding a bit of another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price!, December 20, 2010
My husband uses all of these favors in his coffee drinks; it is hard to pick a favorite because they all taste so rich and flavorful. They are in plastic bottles, wrapped up nice and sent quickly. My husband scoffed when I originally bought this pack, but once it arrived (the next day, love amazon!) He thought I was a genius! With two vanillas (regular and French) hazelnut, peppermint, caramel, and raspberry it's a great selection for a great price. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, December 7, 2010
M. Cohen (Rockland, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered Torani Variety Pack, Regular, 25.36-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6). I had never tried Torani products before and I had wanted to try them as I heard good things about their sugar free syrups. I have tried 4 of the flavors that I thought I would like. They are so good that I have trouble believing that they are SUGAR FREE and FAT FREE!

My two favorite flavors are Vanilla and Hazelnut. I stopped using fattening products in my coffee and stopped buying lattes and cappuccinos because they are so fattening. However, my coffees were now so ordinary that I practically stopped drinking coffee. Torani syrups changed all that! Both the Torani Vanilla and Torani Hazelnut are so incredibly good tasting, that they turn my so-so coffee into a lattee-like drink. Wow! It is hard to believe these syrups are sugar free and low in calories! The Torani Chocolate appears to be an equally good product although I was disappointed when it did not enhance my coffee. Torani Chocolate is very strong which means that you should add less than you do with the Vanilla and Hazelnut flavors. For Vanilla and Hazelnut, I add about 1/2 to 1 oz of syrup to a very large (12 oz) coffee. Putting the same amount of Chocolate in coffee did not enhance the flavor. In other types of shakes, I will probably use less than the usual amount of Chocolate. I think it might be better in milk shakes. Since I love Chocolate as a flavor, I should be able to find good uses for it. I also love the Raspberry flavor in iced tea and it adds an interesting twist to lemonade. I think Raspberry will be good with other fruity flavors. Although I am disappointed in a few of the flavor bottles that came with this 6 pack, I am basically happy with the purchase. The bottles that are good are REALLY GOOD! Additionally, purchasing all 6 varieties gave me the chance to try a number of different Torani SF syrups that are yummy and let me know which to choose and which to avoid. I probably will not like either the Irish Creme or Classic Caramel flavors because I am not partial to these flavors by any beverage maker. I will probably not open them and give these flavors away to someone who will appreciate them more than me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm, December 13, 2011
This was a great deal. However the picture used in the "Lightening deals" ad showed one bottle to be eggnog flavored. It was shipped without it and there were two vanilla instead. The picture has since changed to reflect the change in what is actually included. I have to say I was a tad disappointed--

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad for the lightning deal price, March 22, 2012
Got the holiday variety pack in the fall, figuring they would go great with the warm coffee that is all about comfort on cool fall/winter days. I really wanted some variety of flavors to add so that its not the same old same day in and day out and this package deal was a nice variety. Just some background, I have tried Torani SF caramel, SF chocolate, SF french vanilla, SF raspberry before from the local store. I have also tried SF pumpkin spice. I always get the sugar free versions to help cut down on calories and sugar...after all abs are made in the kitchen!!!!

I have tried these SF syrups in a variety of ways. Some examples are gingerbread SF syrup with a gingerbread flavored coffee. Peppermint SF syrup with my regular dark coffee and the holiday special peppermint flavored coffee creamer (another time with 1 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp peppermint creamer and milk for a peppermint mocha type drink)...Ive tried them in tea, homemade plain greek yogurt and so on... I even added a few ounces to some sugar free pudding (same flavors as the added syrup)... there really is no end to how to use them and I think taste is subjective so you have to try many out and see which you like and which you dont. My personal favorites were the peppermint mocha and the vanilla added the greek yogurt. I also liked adding an ounce or so of the SF chocolate (not in this variety pack) to a diet coke (next time I want to add a squirt of that new mio or equate sugar free cherry drink mix to make it a diet chocolate cherry coke...LOL) SF Raspberry is also a personal favorite of mine.... perfect in my greek yogurt or green tea!!!!

Would I buy the holiday variety pack again...sure... they last a long time and keep well... so if you have enough space in your pantry... and the price is right (I like to pay about .18-.25 cents per oz max)... go for it... trying them out I suggest splitting your order with a family member or friend. Just make sure to get or save some extra bottles for your friend.

As for the sugar vs the sucralose sugar free versions... I have found that most are comparable to the real deal sugar versions, but nothing beats the real deal. I think it is because the sugar versions have a thicker texture to them and it works better in liquid than the sugar free version that is not thick at all. But I do not want to add excess sugar to diet so I avoid it, especially if there is a no calorie sugar free alternative like Torani SF Syrups.

I wish Torani would included sample sachets of various flavors attached to their regular size bottles (ketchup/mustard packets are called sachets) ... even at a few cents increased price for the sample I think most consumers would like this idea as it would give them an idea of what flavor to try next.

Are the sugar free versions really healthier or safer than the sugar versions... well that is up for total debate, but let me say this as long as you keep your artificial sweetener use at moderate levels I feel they are safe for long term use as per the studies ive read. Those studies showed them to be safe at even EXTREME levels of use....we are talking in the hundreds and hundreds of servings per day for the average human... so even at a moderate use of 5-10 servings (say 1-2 diet sodas, 2-3 coffees with a few ounces of SF Torani and some splenda in your green tea or something) you are well within the low to moderate use range for humans. Is this low risk better than having a few hundred extra grams of sugar/carbs per day that will screw up your insulin sensitivity, increase triglycerides, lower HDL, increase LDL, make you fat, give you extreme sugar highs and lows and really increase your risk of diabetes.... to me the low long term health risk of sugar free alternatives are better than the high health risks of increased sugar consumption....

3.0 out of 5 stars I've Had Better but Not in Sugar-Free, March 11, 2011
My local grocery store only carries the vanilla Torani syrup in the sugar-free version, and so I decided to order the variety pack from Amazon to see what I thought of their other flavors. I try to limit my sugar intake, so that's why I was so keen to get a variety of sugar-free ones. Interestingly, I found that the different flavors do better in different types of drinks.

Vanilla - This is still hands down one of the most versatile flavors. I add it to carbonated water and make my own creme soda. It also does well in hot chocolate and coffee, and I've also added it to baking recipes when I've been in a pinch and out of vanilla extract.

Raspberry - I'm not usually a huge fan of artificial raspberry flavors, and I don't like this one in coffee or hot chocolate, but it is absolutely wonderful in iced tea! Who knew? I was prepared to donate this one to the office coffee stash, but on a whim added it to my iced tea when I was out of Splenda, and wow, it's very good and seems to lose the funky aftertaste in the tea.

Caramel - I'm not overly impressed with this one, but it does work well in adding to my oatmeal in the morning to liven up the plain oats. It tastes even better with a dash of cinnamon, but I don't use this one in drinks because it just tastes kind of odd. It's almost like they couldn't decide between caramel, butterscotch and some other random flavor and kind of went with the middle ground. I wouldn't order this flavor by itself.

Chocolate - This is another one that I've added to my oatmeal at breakfast and have been happy with the result. This one also works with coffee, but not tea.

Irish Creme - I'm a big Irish Creme fan usually, but this one is just kind of so-so. I do like it in a glass of hot milk for a steamer, and it's okay in hot chocolate, but tastes weird in coffee.

Hazelnut - This is a good one for coffee, hot chocolate and oatmeal. I combine it with the Chocolate one in the oatmeal and it tastes kind of like a Ferrero Rocher, and makes my daily breakfast feel like a bit more of an indulgence than it really is.

I ordered the Variety Pack on the Subscribe and Save 4 month rotation, and had to go in and cancel the second shipment because I'm only about halfway through the bottles. It's a toss up as to whether or not I'll completely cancel the subscription because these are sugar-free and it's so hard to find flavor additions that don't come laden down with teaspoons of sugar.

Amazon - it would be wonderful if you could offer a make your own variety pack of the Sugar-free syrups! I've seen other Torani sugar-free choices, but I don't want to make the commitment to a 6 pack of a single flavor. I'd definitely order a lot more of these syrups if I could mix up the Variety pack to be more than just these 6 flavors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing deal, October 21, 2012
This variety pack is an amazing deal, because six bottles cost what two bottles cost in stores. You only get what they picked, and they're in plastic bottles rather than glass, but for my family that's a fine trade-off for getting a great deal. My family enjoys all of the flavors, and I'd rather have plastic than glass given the age of my kids.

The flavors are:
- Hazelnut (very nice in coffee)
- Caramel (ditto)
- French Vanilla
- Vanilla
- Raspberry (great in seltzer)

Ky kids swear that 2 parts caramel to 1 part french vanilla tastes just like the Butter Beer at Harry Potter at Universal Studios.

One thing to be aware of - Toroni also sells a pack of the pumps (also a great price Torani 750 ML Syrup Pump (Pack of 5)) that go into the bottles, but it's a five pack of pumps, and there are six bottles in this pack, so the numbers don't quite line up, which means that you can't (cheaply) have all six bottles available for use at one time. But that's pretty minor - we just left the vanilla closed until we finish the french vanilla.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!!, November 29, 2011
Torani Sugar Free syrups are a staple in our house! Caramel and English Toffee are my favorites, but I also keep Peppermint, Orange, and Hazelnut on hand. Pineapple and Coconut are good, but not very strong so I don't use them as often. We use it to flavor hot cocoa, coffee, smoothies, plain yogurt, you name it. If you're watching your diet, this is a must have! DIY Starbucks drinks are a breeze with these syrups (in fact, I think this is the brand Starbucks uses for its own sugar free syrups).