Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 20 ton|Change

on January 24, 2012
I bought this bottle jack at my local farm supply store and it's seen its fair share of use. For some reason the Amazon listing for this jack doesn't seem to state its maximum lift height of 18". This is more than enough to change tires on my 2000 Dodge Ram Cargo Van and my 2004 Chevy Silverado (With a 3" suspension lift). I used to have to carry a bulky Truck/SUV floor jack in my crossover truck toolbox, but this little guy took its place, and its much more portable and substantially lighter.

The only thing that keeps me from giving this jack 5 stars is that it seems to let air into the oil reservoir alot more than it should, and like one of the previous reviews stated, the jack fails to retract fully, making it a pain in the butt to move out from under your vehicle. However, this can be minimized by bleeding the air from the oil reservoir every couple of uses. There is a small rubber plug on the back side of the bottle that you can remove, which should vent any accumulated air.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
I ordered four of these jacks. The first two worked like they're supposed to. The second two were defective. One doesn't hold pressure at all. The other loses pressure over a period of a few hours. Both were prepared for use per the instructions included. The only evidence of a warranty is the seal on the box. There is no warranty statement. They didn't respond to an inquiry I submitted on their web site. Be very careful when purchasing this product.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2013
I purchased this bottle jack because I lost my track on my T650 bobcat and had no way to jack it up to fix the track. So I right away ordered this and it arrived on Friday. I put it in the truck hoping to never use it and then I got a flat tire on my Kubota M7040 tractor Saturday morning. Talk about arriving just in time. I pulled out the bottle jack out of the back of my truck and it worked like a charm. Had no issues with using this in the dirt and mud. Jacked up the tractor like it was a piece of paper. I would strongly recommend this as a back up to have in your tool box.
on July 17, 2011
I bought two of these 20-ton jacks on Amazon for what one jack would cost me locally, and received free shipping. They are solid, substantial jacks that seem to function properly. I have already lifted my house with them, and they performed exceptionally. Very highly recommended.
on November 11, 2012
This 4 ton bottle jack is a good value. It is small enough to carry in a truck tool box but can lift quite a bit. I carry mine on my welding truck and so far it has worked flawlessly. I would definitely purchase it again if the need arises.
on August 14, 2012
Our company repairs rotten and/or deteriorated crawl space and basement support posts in houses. We have used smaller 20 ton jacks before which are technically strong enough, but seem to strain under the load. Buying these 50-ton jacks allows to use a smaller portion of the total lifting capacity which is much easier on the hydraulics. We bought 4 and they worked very well.
on January 31, 2016
This is a good bottle jack - it does the job it advertises. I have two other Torin bottle jacks, and knew what to expect. I was going to buy a second 12 ton Torin jack, but when I saw this one temporarily drop to $29.99, free shipping, I bought this one instead. Note that these Torin jacks look a lot like jacks sold under other badges / names, and that is because many are made in the same factory and sold under different names....

I use this to jack up my RV (which is 16K pounds), and don't mind using a 20 ton to make sure I have "overkill". When I have to work under the RV without a tire on, I tend to have a lot of redundancy for safety measures - for instance, if I take a tire off one side, I use two bottle jacks and two jack stands under the frame in various locations to make 100% sure there will be no failure. Of course, I also chock the other wheels. I don't want to trust any one, or even two, components for failure when my life depends on it.

One thing to be careful of on these Torin jacks (and other bottle jacks) - the pressure release screw on the bottom - it does not have a "stop" when you unscrew it, and it will allow you to keep turning it until hydraulic fluid comes leaking out. I know because when I asked my son to release the pressure and lower the jack, I looked over and saw he over loosened the nut on the bottom, and fluid was leaking out. So be aware that it only needs a couple of turns to release pressure, and it can be "over-loosened" to where fluid will leak.

One thing that could be improved - a longer handle to jack up the car - the current handle is very short and Torin could provide an extra length or two so you don't have to reach under the car to jack it up.

Thanks for reading.
on November 10, 2013
Wow - what a piece of junk! This jack lifted my trailer no problem, but after jacking then immediately placing jack stands and releasing the load, there was a pretty substantial puddle of oil around the base of it. After wiping it down and leaving it on my workbench over night, there was a lot more oil on my bench, indicating continued leaking without any load at all. Don't waste the money on this one.
on July 3, 2013
I read other reviews about these leaking down but for the price thought I'd give them a try. I ordered two and they both leaked down very quickly. Not the end of the world we can wedge as we go but it would have been nice if they held a few days so we could get things set where we wanted them. This is a case of "you get what you pay for".
on February 19, 2013
Found it hard to believe it was sold at the price it was. We searched the internet and found most to be twice as expensive. We were a little worried about what to expect since the price was so low. But once we received it we were very happy. I am in the marina business and this will be a very good tool. I would recommend this product and store very highly. We will definitely keep this website in our favorite places should we need any other tools.