Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 7, 2011
These devices, "Tornado" or whatever other name they are called, are a scam and do not work. Independent testing time and time again has show that they not only produce no improvement, but actually hamper airflow and may cause problems. In a modern engine, increasing turbulence will not improve airflow or combustion, and these devices are typically far from the actual intake valve, so very little of the effect would survive anyway. These are cheap sheet metal parts that not only cost a few cents to make, but could easily be duplicated by anyone with a minimum of fabrication skill. If they actually worked as claimed, auto manufacturers would use something similar, since any benefit to mileage would be greatly in their interest. In short, just don't waste your money on this. The persons here claiming great benefits are either posting on behalf of the manufacturer, (which is more common than you think), or simply don't have any basis other than the "feel good" effect, where you buy something and install it, and subjectively assume that it's working and creating an improvement when there is none.
1818 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2011
I used to own a small limo company in Chicago. We put on a lot of miles and burnt a lot of gas. I put one in a 1995 Lincoln Town Car and one in a 1999 Ford E-450 minibus, with a V-10 6.8 liter engine. From the time I bought the vehicles, I kept records of all the fillups, mileage, and gallons put in the tank, so I had several years worth of data before installing the devices. I continued keeping the records. There was no average change in MPG or power in either vehicle. None of the drivers reported any increase of power, but there was no loss of power. At one point I pulled the air cleaner hose off to make sure it was in there, maybe I had put it on one of the other vehicles. Yep, it was in there. The only benefit I got was a tax deduction.
on September 11, 2011
The technology this product is based on is legitimate- spinning air does increase efficiency and gas mileage. In fact, its so legitimate that auto makers incorporated this in vehicles decades ago. So, in the best case scenario, this product will do nothing. Worst case scenario, it could damage your air hose or break apart and totally destroy your engine. This has happened before. Its a complete waste of time and money and has no appreciable effect on gas mileage or power. Try using a high-flow air filter or a K&N air filter or air intake instead.
on December 13, 2008
Don't buy this gimmick! Talk to a mechanic about this before you waste your money.
on August 31, 2011
Its a physical impossibility for this thing to do what it claims. Its more likely to decrease engine performance by impeding air flow. I hope nobody is actually buying this POS fraudulent product.
on October 21, 2014
Caused major problems in my 2010 Cadillac cts. Was interferring with electronic throttle body and causing reduced engine power and service traction control fault codes. Found one of these installed from previous owner after several trips to repair shop.
on March 13, 2013
I have been using the Tornado for about 4 months and I also have a K&N air filter that i have been using long before the luxury dealer ships started using them. K&N works great!!! I also made modification to my exhaust that worked great and made the car run and sound awesome. So when i saw the Tornado product i thought hey stronger Air Flow into the intake system, hey cant loose right?...not so fast. I wanted to make sure that i could tell the difference with adding this product along with the K&N and the exhaust modifications i made. I was very excited and i really wanted this product to work. So i logged gas mileage with the Tornado installed, i recorded about 6 miles per gallon less. I was shocked. So..Most cars have a Mass Air Flow Meter or Mass Air Flow Sensor and the beauty of the K&N air filter is that it is installed BEFORE the mass air flow sensor. Air comes in freely the Mass Air flow sensor reads the air and in conjunction with the ECU communicates to engine to run at optimal performance, and that's what I had gotten before i installed the Tornado. The Tornado is installed AFTER the Mass Air Flow Meter, and this product effected the air balance of my engine with the effect being poor Gas mileage. I have 2 Catalytic Converters and 4 Oxygen Sensors,and car owners with this configuration have to be careful because introducing too much air can cause an engine to run to lean and this can cause internal engine damage,02 Sensor damage, and or Catalytic Converter damage. I removed the Tornado tonight, performed the same mileage test,and the gas mileage returned back to normal. Now, i didn't notice a power loss nor did I notice a power gain..So , i recommend that if you have a mass air flow meter not to install anything between the mass air flow meter and the intake/throttle-body... Just get a K&N air filter and call it a day:) I was very disappointed and i wanted the product to work, but there is a serious flaw with this product and my car's engine design. I didn't test this in a car that didn't have a mass air flow meter or a car with just one cat and one 02 sensor..so i cant speak to that...but if you have a engine with a Mass Air flow sensor, and 2 cats and 4 02 sensors you may have the same problem and Cats and 02 sensors ARE EXPENSIVE!! So don't use this product!! Hopefully Tornado will read this and understand i am not saying this product wont work in every car but there is a flaw with this product in a lot of cars based on the reviews out there. They should see this as an opportunity to R&D and make a product that will work in any car like a K&N air filter will. So in short, my car runs great without the Tornado, gas mileage is back to normal (which is great for a V8) and she sounds like a V8 so life is good.
on August 29, 2013
This is a scam. If you know how an engine works, this device doesn't make sense. This is playing on people's ignorance.
on October 27, 2014
can't really review this. it wasn't installed. if it was for a dog (that's a dodge) caravan there's no hope for a dodge caravan.
on August 16, 2014
My '99 Durango went from 12 to 17 mpg. But (and this may be why folks aren't getting results), I put it in the air intake hose closest. to the engine. They told me to put it at front where the hose starts near radiator.