Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toro 38371 15-Inch 12 Amp Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on December 26, 2012
Bought this right before Xmas in a Lightning Deal special for 149. Arrived quickly, setup was pretty easy...unscrew handle, put on top handle, put bolts back in. Today, we got about 8" of snow...a chance to try it out. Starting is easy; just plug the extension cord in, push the plastic round key in, pull back engagement handle, let go of round key. Soon as you let go of the engagement handle, it shuts itself off (sometimes...I found that it would "stick" a little when I let go of it and would keep running, but a little nudge made the bar return to neutral which immediately shut down the electric motor.

I give it 3 stars, because like what another reviewer reported, it doesn't clear down to the driveway very well. You either feel like forcing the front down which lifts up the back wheels, or babying it along as you push it and try scraping it. I found that the wet snow blew "ok", but it left a good inch packed down on the driveway. Had to hit with a shovel to scrape the drive, then went back and blew again. Seems to require a 3 step process: blow the excess of the top, scrape with shovel, reblow.

It does bog down at anything over 4-5" pretty bad, even when not jamming it into the snow. Just have to take your time, still beats picking shovel of snow up, pivoting, and throwing the snow manually. I just didn't see any time savings by using this at all; but I'm not as worn out from manually throwing snow.

What this needs is a steel "scraper" on the bottom edge to get through the packed snow under the main snow pack. I may end up rigging something up, the plastic bottom just isn't cutting it.

Much cheaper than a gas powered blower. Found I don't care for dancing with the extension cord all over the driveway, but for hundreds less than a decent gas blower, I'll just keep dancing.

Would I recommend it? If you can get it dirty cheap, then yes. Otherwise, I'd advise you to spend your money for a gas blower.

ETA, December 30: I just used this again yesterday. We had about 3 inches of snow. The blower did a good job with it. For smaller amounts that isn't compacted, it does a much better job.
on January 5, 2014
This is my third winter with the 12 Amp Power Curve and I really like it. It will serve you well, if you understand it's limitations. It will happily tear through a foot of new snow. Just be careful in the heavily packed stuff, like berms created by snowplows at the end of your driveway. That snow is dense and heavy, and is more like ice than snow. I do that part with a shovel. The Power Curve is not a $1200 blower, so don't treat it like one.

I just finished clearing my 120-foot driveway of 12 inches of new snow, which is the deepest snow in which I've used the Toro PC, and it went through it like a champ. It is an electric blower, so yes the motor does have a lot of torque, but remember that most of the moving parts on this snowblower are plastic - especially the impeller (whirling blade), which gets the roughest treatment. So, be nice to the machine. This means you should listen to the snowblower while it works, and when it starts to struggle a little bit, don't push it so hard. In snow over 9 inches or so, move more slowly, or so 1/2 width paths, to keep from overburdening the snowblower. A little patience will keep you from ever breaking this snowblower. I have yet to break or replace any part on this machine, but I can see the limits of what it is prepared to do.

If you insist on ramming a snowblower into a wall of ice taller than your head with all your strength, I suggest you choose your diesel powered NASA snowblower from your snowblower stable. I don't have a selection of snowblowers in my garage, and can only justify $200 on the expense. So, I don't have that luxury. The little electric Toro does just fine if you don't treat it like an oaf.
on February 22, 2013
Easy to operate and simple to maneuver: perfect for a 73 year old user. Clean our walks with no residual lower back pain. Love it!
on March 24, 2013
I replaced another Toro that I've had for years with this one. It's amazing how much power this thing has for how small it is. I use it to clear snow from my deck. It's very portable. I take it from my garage right through my kitchen on to my deck.
on February 9, 2013
Bought this blower for $95 from Amazon. I used it today after Nemo dumped 10" snow in our area. It took me one hour to clean my 5-car drive way, approximately saved me half of time and labor. I am happy with it.
Update:
If you get mixed snow and rain, it is simply too heavy for this blower. There seems a protect mechanism that shuts it down if you get water into the machine, then you have to dry it up.
on July 15, 2014
Changed to one-star. Used about three times two years ago. Last year, used once. IT HAS BROKEN. Have no idea why. It's not like it was heavily used. And now - because of the time frame - will not be able to return. Piece of junk.
on February 16, 2015
It works great when it works. Well, this snow blower only lasted until the middle of 2015 winter, purchased this on January of 2014. Most issues I read through on the review with other is that it just stop. The same thing happen to this one is just stop and smoking. I couldn't find any solution on the internet, and TORO website is under construction. No Help from them either. I search snow blower part store they don't have what seems to be the electric motor. I like to fix my stuff, but somehow, there is no part(s) available for this one. To other who wish to purchase this product beware because it will stop as well. This is the only problem so far and the smoking part of the electric motor and TORO don't seem to care or sell the Part. Toro engineer knows that this would happen, which also goes for their power shovel and the power curve 1800. Their commercial even say "you can depend on it," but did not mention "only for a short time."

To TORO Company,

Your product has issue and you should know by now that you guys need to send replacement parts of your electric snow blowers to any dealer, and just use a regular screw by the drive belt side, so I can do my maintenance rather than purchasing your replacement package. The screw on the drive belt look so stupid while the rest looks just like a Philip screw head. Attached photo is the stupid screw, and the burned electric motor that need replacement.
review image review image
on April 4, 2015
We have a large flat roof that needs to be kept clear of snow. This very light electric snow blower is perfect for the job. It can easily be hauled up a ladder and maneuvered. We have very little outdoor space - it takes up very little room and can easily store out of the way. Light weight and compact of course means not very powerful. The unit can only move about 6" of compacted snow. It's more of a 'snow mover' than 'snow remover'. If you're tackling a large amount of snow, you need to knock the snow down with a shovel, then blow it out of the way with the blower. That said, moving snow is far more tiring than just shoveling it. This is a huge help. Note: this is about the biggest electric snow blower you'd want. A long extension cord that can handle over 15 amps is heavy and expensive. This will work with a medium-duty cord.
on December 25, 2012
The reason I didn't give this a 5 star rating is that the snow blower doesn't allow the snow to be directed more to the side than about 80 degrees. I would have like to blow the snow at 90 degrees, or even 100 degrees so that as I approached a corner, where the snow had previously been cleared, it wouldn't blow snow onto the cleared area.
on July 6, 2014
This is great for snowfall under 9 inches that isn't to wet/heavy (heavy snow took a few passes). The cut path isn't wide but it is powerful. It's very light and compact, easily folds and fits in my trunk when I need to go shovel mom out. Just watch out for the cord (may need long cord depending where your outlets are).