1,397 Reviews

1,314 of 1,329 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent value in an electric blow and vac
I bought this Toro electric blow and vac in utter frustration after spending a small fortune on similar gasoline powered products. I use it as a vac several times per week and even daily in the Fall. I found that the very cheap gasoline blow and vacs start falling apart very quickly indeed as the result of poor and shoddy design so I moved up to the top of the line,...
Published on May 6, 2007 by BBS, Bay Area, CA

3.0 out of 5 stars Better blower than a vac
Prior to this, I had the B&D blower/vac that I bought locally. After about 2 years, it just sort of fell apart. I bought the Toro because of the metal impeller. As a vac, I liked the B&D model better. The Toro doesn't do much to grind up the leaves - important IMHO for more rapid composting. Also, the suction tube narrows about half way up. Leaves tend to plug...
Published on September 27, 2007 by Clifford Haugen

‹ Previous | 1108 109 110140 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine!, January 9, 2009
S. Fay (Riverside, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toro 51599 Ultra 12 amp Variable-Speed Electric Blower/Vacuum with Metal Impeller (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
There are 2 huge trees that drop all of their leaves on our property. We have a drought-tolerant landscape instead of a lawn so getting the leaves out of all that shrubbery has been a pain. This vac is very powerful and was a huge help. My only slightly negative comment is that the nozzle of the vacuum is about 8-9" wide. Most of the time this is a help but when trying to reach down into shrubbery, a smaller nozzle option might be helpful. I found that if I moved the vac back and forth it would more readily pick up the larger leaves. The blower was also a help but it's going to take me a while to learn how to control all of that power!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, January 9, 2009
Very Good At Picking Up Leaves With Vacume Attachment. Easy To Change Attachments. I Thought Blower Could Have Been A Little Stronger.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR., January 9, 2009
This Toro has a metal impeller and makes a fine mulch out of our leaves. It save us having to buy it and saves time. Great tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool, January 7, 2009
This blower is very powerful but the variable control can change the blower action as desired. Easy to clean the garage at lower volume and completely clean driveway of pine needles and cones. I also use it to clean sand off the floor of the cars after visits to the beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 6, 2009
Janet L. Reisner "feitgris" (Santa Rosa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Small but powerful. We borrowed this Toro to use to suck up leaves in our rock landscaped yard - and had to have one! It sucks up the leaves without picking up the rocks and mulches them. The blower works great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toro Ultra 12 amp variable speed electric bolower #51599, December 26, 2008
I had a gas blower thinking it was necessary to move the expected volumn of leaves. After reviewing the ratings in Consumer Reports I decided to purchase this blower and am completely satified. It moves a huge quanity of leaves with sticks in them with ease. The variable speed option is great for when you get in corners or tight areas. I have not used the vacuum and probably will not however I highly recommend this blower!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good blower, December 24, 2008
The Toro is just fine for keeping the sidewalk and garage free of leaves. I've not tried the suction of leaves as yet. It seems to be well made and simple to adjust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 24, 2008
Pro. The metal impeller is a must have, I use mine to clean up construction and insullation debris, as well as leaves. Easy to set up as blower or vacuum.
Con. The bag is too small to use effectivly with a lot of leaves. The cord cover limits the size of the extension cord female end making it impossible to use with some of my cords.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 22, 2008
imin2genes (Damascus, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Perfect gadget for you if you live in a townhouse close to the woods. We rake more than we mow and this has been a huge time saver for us! Does the job quickly and efficiently. Now we send much less garden waste out to recycling. This reduces what was 3 - 4 bags down to 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than i thought, December 20, 2008
i'ved used it about 5 times blower and vac much more powerful than my gas blower once you get use to the ext. cord your ok only neg is the zipper on vac bag should be on botom of bag so it would be more conv. to put in leaf bg other wise 5 stars

‹ Previous | 1108 109 110140 | Next ›