5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than a shovel
I've had my Toro 3 horse powercurve (CCR Light) for three years, but I know its at least 3 years older than that. Overall I love it. Sure, I'd like to have the bigger one but this is definately the type of blower I'd choose again. With rubber and plastic scrapers, I can use it on my brick paver sidewalk with no worry about chipping bricks. I even have the lights that...
Published on February 25, 2005 by L. Halvorson

2.0 out of 5 stars Toro Snowthrower
I had one of these for about 10 years, and it worked fine (with annual maintenance, however). So I bought this identical unit a few years ago, and cannot get it to start! I've taken it in for service (to two different places); after a while, the guys will get it to start, but just state that it is tempermental. Too bad - the snow is not tempermental, and I have to go...
Published on January 29, 2007 by Missy

5.0 out of 5 stars small but powerful, December 24, 2008
Jud (chicago, Il) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toro 38182 CCR Powerlite 325E Single Stage Gas Snowblower w/ Electric Start
I LOVE this little machine! I didn't have a lot of storage space and was tired of killing my back shoveling. I was worried about it's ability to handle heavier snow. It clears light snow like a breeze, the heavier snow, I tackle in smaller portions, but it takes it and clears it. The first start was hard, I had to use the electric feature and play with the choke. It's a little touchy sometimes, but if you play with the choke, it starts up great. The pull start is easy to pull with light resistance. It basically self propels as it pulls itself through the snow. It's light enough that I can fold the handle, pick it up and put it in my trunk to go clear my folks drive too! I was concerned about the oil/gas mixing, but with the oil in the pre-measured bottles available, it took all of 2 minutes. (Add one bottle to one gallon gas and mix in the container). If you're looking for something that will do the job, is light, possible portable, this is it.

1.0 out of 5 stars worked a few times, January 29, 2009
After using the snow blower four or five times, it wouldn't start. Because it was only a few weeks old, I took it to the authorized service center. The technician said the cylinder was scarred, which was consistent with the engine being used without oil in the gas.
However, for the first batch of oil-gas mix, I used the oil supplied with the blower. The second (and current) batch was a different brand, but the technician said the mix indeed had oil in the gas. The machine always had a gas-oil mix. He said he would call Toro to see what they had to say, suggesting a total engine replacement. Great.
What's more, the web site would not identify the serial number on the box.
I am very disappointed with what typically is a brand name with a great reputation. I could not recommend this product for any reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty good mini blower, December 12, 2008
This little beast gets it done. Easy to lift - I sometimes lift it by the handle on the chute and use it like a shovel. Easy to clean. Takes a while to get the hang of using it to best advantage, but this is the second one I have owned and I love it(the first one is five years old and still works, but I have another property to maintain now). Best use is for decks and walkways - not recommended for big jobs, but great for small areas where you want to scrape right down to the surface without damaging anything. Tilt the handle up a bit after priming to improve starting - and get the electric start - it really saves wear and tear on your arm. I have owned others; this is the best small blower you can get. I would recommend this blower to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great back saver!, January 9, 2010
JP (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Got this two years ago. It has been great. The small size is perfect for our location. Was able to work through a 6"+ last year, and just knocked out 4" this week. This little thing seems to go forever on a tank of gas, to the benefit of my neighbors' sidewalks and driveways. Would give it 5 stars if Toro came out with a rechargeable version, and we could avoid dealing with the gas and 2-cycle mixture!

3.0 out of 5 stars Holding up good, January 4, 2010
Ran for 2 years. 3rd year would not start. Had it serviced. Was a carburetor problem related to gum in the gasoline. I found a product called "Gumout Fuel Stablizer and Cleanser". Using this has prevented the problem from returning. Also, went to 6 pushes of the primer on initial start instead of 2-3 mentioned in manual.

4.0 out of 5 stars was a good little thrower, November 24, 2014
Stephen A. Shaw (FALMOUTH, MAINE United States) - See all my reviews
Ran one of these bought in 93 for 21 years. Replaced pull rope and 1 starter gear. That's it. Orig plug. Go figure. I am looking to repair now for not running longer than one minute. Used it hard in Maine to backup a full sized unit. Best 400 ever spent. Would do it again if its made in the same factory!

1.0 out of 5 stars Toro #38182 Snow Thrower, March 24, 2007
My machine is less than one year old and upon the fourth time I used it, the engine stalled a couple of times and finally wouldn't start. I couldn't pull the cord out anymore. I took it to the dealer and he said he got some gas out of the carburator bowl and claims I had no oil in my gasoline. This is simply not true. He claims the engine is seized because of it. It's now a case of he says, I say......I still the have the fuel mix I drained out of the tank for safety purposes since I was taking it to the dealer in my car. The gas clearly has oil in it..... I called Toro today and was told to call back on Monday and speak to a supervisor.... Hoping that Toro backs their product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 10 minutes, December 15, 2007
I bought one of these and the engine siezed up after 10 minutes of use. The retailer accused me of not putting oil in the gas, but I did mix the fuel correctly. I do know how to take care of 2 stroke engines. Anyhow, unless you're getting this free, I'd recommend finding something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars fine when it starts, December 16, 2007
This snowblower is fine when its working however, parts fall off when in use and starting at the beginning of the new season is a dubious proposition. I have had it repaired but, now consider the cost of repairs exceed its value. I am looking for a different snowblower. My first snowblower was Toro's 1800 powercurve. It worked dependably but, it lacked weight (it's hollow wheels were a joke)
and therefore lacked traction. I bought this model hoping for more power. I got the power; it just came with a temperamental personality.