3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but you can get better for the price, July 26, 2005
Brian (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba 19A25 19" Blackstripe II TV (Silver) (Electronics)
I bought this TV on sale a few days ago for $110. While it is better than the tv I had, you can get much better for the price. It is definitely not a bad tv.

The main disadvantages are that it is mono sound and there is no "S" hookup.

I am taking it back because Target has a 20" Memorex flat-screen display for $118 with stereo and S videou outputs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wake timer problem, February 20, 2006
Mother of two (Columbia, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba 19A25 19" Blackstripe II TV (Silver) (Electronics)
This is an excellent television for the price at which I got it ($99), and it's amazing how much better its reception is than my old television's.

But this TV is for our bedroom, and we like to use the TV as an alarm clock to wake up to. Well, I haven't been able to figure out this Wake function. For one thing, there's no way to set the time on this TV in the first place; ok, I figured it automatically sets off some TV station when it does the channel scan. The Wake function doesn't let you do AM or PM; OK, we really only need AM anyway. So we gave it a try, and it went off 1 hour 20 min before it was supposed to (so it's not an issue of daylight savings time, obviously). It doesn't seem to be like you're setting it 6 hours or whatever from the time of actual setting of the function either. If I figure it out, I'll post again. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to go back to waking up to an ugly alarm clock beep again, or else exchange the TV for a different brand.

Another annoyance - the Sleep function starts at 120 minutes and makes you punch down to lower numbers of minutes, instead of the other way around.