- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Toshiba 22C100U 22-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Black Gloss)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 21.6-inch LCD HDTV with 720p HD resolution; slimming tapered bezel and attractive front panel Horizon design gradation
- DynaLight backlight control adjusts for deeper black levels for higher dynamic contrast and more realistic picture
- Photo Frame capability for showing off your digital photo slideshows; USB connection for playing MP3 digital audio
- Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 component, 1 composite, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes removable stand; measures 21.43 x 16.32 x 9.02 inches with stand
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Toshiba
- Model Number: 22C100U
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 22 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Toshiba's C100U Series HDTV with 720p high-def resolution.
The attractive front panel gradation of Toshiba's Horizon design (see larger image).
DynaLight automatically adjusts the backlight intensity based on the image content.
Boasting a slimming tapered bezel and attractive front panel gradation, the new Horizon design creates a more modern, elegant appearance that also matches Toshiba's black glossy Horizon-designed laptops. Other features include MP3 playback via the integrated USB port, a PC input, and a removable stand.
- 720p HD resolution (1366 x 768 pixels)
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- CineSpeed LCD panel with a fast response speed necessary for cleaner high-action home theater images. A wide viewing angle ensures that you'll have the best seat in the house.
- DynaLight Backlight Control utilizes advanced image processing to monitor the brightness of each video frame, and adjust the backlight intensity accordingly. This precision creates seamless transitions with deep blacks for increased detail and depth analysis.
- Photo Frame capability allows this HDTV to act as both a TV and a digital photo frame. You can showcase your favorite memories as a clear, crisp slide show on the high-resolution television screen--all controlled with just the TV remote.
- Gaming Mode takes the gaming experience to a new level by reducing game control delay, thus giving the player improved reaction time and a more realistic playing experience. This is great when used with popular gaming consoles, or with PC games using the TVs PC Input.
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5 percent that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets.
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown): This HDTV performs 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal, too--a handy feature for watching progressive-scan movie programs in their native 24-frame format. To adapt 24 frames-per-second movies to 30 fps video, frames in the original movie must be duplicated; 3:2 pulldown digitally corrects this duplication by removing the redundant information to display a frame-accurate picture.
- Color Temperature Control enables you to adjust white balance to achieve the best television picture possible in any viewing environment, or simply adjust the picture to suit your personal tastes. The "Warm" setting delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room, while "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- Three TheaterWide modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as enhanced for widescreen television DVDs.
- TheaterWide 1: Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33 percent horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software.
- TheaterWide 2: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 42 percent vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope.
- TheaterWide 3: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 24 percent vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- MP3 audio and JPEG image playback via USB port on the side.
- REGZA-LINK (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by the remote control.
- Bottom-mounted invisible speakers integrated into stylish Horizon bezel design (6 Watts total power; 3W + 3W).
- Dolby Digital and DTS compatible with digital optical audio output.
- Channel Browser allows you to easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling allows you to put station call letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching
- Input labeling enables you to name the individual inputs to denote usage, such as "DVD Player" (instead of having them display as just "HDMI 1" and "HDMI 2").
- Removable stand for wall mounting (100mm x 100mm VESA mounting pattern)
- Tri-lingual onscreen menu (English, French, Spanish)
- Energy Star qualified
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor
The C100U's jack pack.
What's in the BoxC100U Series HDTV, remote control (with batteries), removable stand, printed owner's manual
Toshiba 2010 REGZA HDTV Comparison
|Series:||C100U LCD||CV100U LCD||E200U LCD||G300U LCD||UX600U LED|
|Models:|| 19C100U 19" |
| 19CV100U 19" |
| 32E200U 32" |
| 40G300U 40" |
| 40UX600U 40" |
|Resolution|| 720p ||720p||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD|
| PixelPure 5G |
| Resolution+ |
| AutoView |
ambient light sensor
|HDMI input||2 (1 on side)||2 (1 on side)||4 (1 on side)||4 (1 on side)||4 (2 on side)|
| HDMI InstaPort |
| Component input |
(Y, PB, PR)
|SD Card slot||--||--||--||--|
|Network capability||--||--||--||Ethernet||Ethernet + Wi-Fi|
| MP3 and JPEG |
|Integrated DVD Player||--||--||--||--|
|Energy Star||19" and 22" models||19" and 22" models||--||--|
| With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
other reviews had cautioned about the sound quality on this, but otherwise given good marks. not having bought a tv in the last few years i was concerned that things had changed and i'd have to get xtra speakers or use my computers system just to be ok for what i considered normal tv experience. im not sure what the expectations are out there, maybe surround sound movie experience is the norm, but its got plenty of volume to overcome the street sounds in new york...all in all, great tv for the dollar.
It makes a good extra computer monitor, though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This TV has held up to me for a long time like 5-6 years and I love it. Surprisingly I never had to change the backlight or anything I use it for my computer now and it works... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Joshua S.
EZ to set up & very clear picture. What more is needed in a small roomPublished 13 months ago by amazon
This is my first flat screen HDTV, and it's a perfect size for my small living room. The picture is extremely clear.Published on March 14, 2013 by Sandy Tuttle
We have 5 restaurants in Austn/Round Rock Texas. We need to do an slideshow display of the numerous catering events we have done in the 33 years we have been in business. Read morePublished on August 24, 2012 by Pokejos Corp
There are a lot of small size HDTV's on the market right now so how do you ever decide which one is right for you? Read morePublished on April 21, 2012 by Desecreight
This TV is just what we were hoping for. It's relatively inexpensive and a fine size for the exercise room. Read morePublished on August 18, 2011 by Mainiac
This is about as basic as an LCD comes. There really isn't much to say about it. Picture quality is good, speakers are abysmal (if you are expecting anything more than tin-cans,... Read morePublished on July 31, 2011 by Kytor Industries
This is a really great LCD. Picture quality is very nice and the sound is a lot better than i expected. PS3 looks great on this tv too. You really cant go wrong with this toshiba.Published on July 28, 2011 by Big R
I believe that we must have gotten a lemon -- it broke after 5 days. Not wanting to try another one after that I returned it to Amazon for a refund. Read morePublished on February 10, 2011 by J. Rybka