Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 25, 2013
As others have noted, the picture is very, very good, but the tiny speakers leave a lot desired in the sound department. We've got ours mounted in our camper, and have the sound running thru the camper's stereo system. This system is itself pretty cheesy, but the sound is somewhat better than using the TV's built-in speakers. I would guess that thru a better external amplifier and speakers, the sound would be just fine. We have two other Toshiba flat screen TV's, and I bought this one based upon the good experience I've had with the other two.
on October 16, 2012
This is the second Toshiba 24L4200U TV we have purchased from Amazon. They are ideal for a kitchen or small bedroom. Picture quality is superb. Sound quality is not up the the standard of a large TV but it is on a par with other brands in the 22 to 26 inch size. They are easy to install and set up. We have the one in the kitchen, which we bought 6 months ago, on a wall mount bracket so when not in use we push it back under the wall mounted cabinet that it is installed under. We bought the second one two weeks ago because we were so pleased with the first one. The only minor issue we have found is the time lag in moving up or down channels, you have to be patient.
on August 11, 2012
I bought this TV for our sailboat after being sadly unimpressed with a Dynex 24" which had a poor view angle and we blew the speakers in a week. This TV has much better audio and a great view angle. The view angle is the most important thing on our boat, and we drive the tv from a netbook.
on November 15, 2012
I use this in the kitchen and it's a wonderful tv. Clearer then the old one I had in here, but that one was 6 yrs old too. The old one went to the spare bed room, and this one now gets a lot of use. Almost 16 hrs a day. It's a good tv. The sound isn't bad at all with its internal speakers. I do have it on external though. To do that you need to buy the rca male plugs to the small mini plug for external speakers. See my other reviews and you'll find the item I'm talking about.
on January 9, 2013
I purchased this TV as a Christmas gift because I had purchased a similar Toshiba TV but in a larger size (31 inch) about a year ago for my Dad who lives in a nursing home, which had performed well. I'm a bit less happy with this one versus the larger one, primarily because it doesn't have an internal OTA antenna like it's larger cousin. I guess I didn't read the description close enough to notice that, but that lack required me to go out and buy an external antenna as this TV was going to be used for OTA broadcasts.

As I noted in the title, the picture is good, and the sound is OK but not great. The TV is also surprisingly lightweight so it's easy to move from place to place. Regarding the antenna I've also noticed that it's somewhat difficult to get the external antenna placed to pick up all the stations without some of them pixelating. I tried two different antennas with the same result. This surprised me because the TV is located in a home that's only about 10 miles as the crow flies from the transmitting towers, most of which are all together in a couple square mile area on a hill near downtown, and therefore I wouldn't have expected it to be that touchy. I can't say for sure if I just got too cheap of external antennas, although they both are powered, or if there is some issue with the antenna circuit in this TV. If I was sure it was the TV I would have rated it only two stars.
on December 16, 2012
My TV arrived on time with no problems, but after a few days the TV would apparently shut off and power itself back on. I say "apparently" because I don't know exactly what's happening. The picture suddenly goes blank, exactly like the power on screen and the Toshiba Logo appears followed by the picture returning. Even though I rarely use this TV this issue happened everytime I used it. I'm not sure if this other issue is designed into the 24L4200U or an actual issue, but the unit would turn itself off after a few hours of viewing.

Amazon in their usual customer friendly fashion sent a replacement immediately which should arrive tomorrow.
on March 25, 2013
I bought the tv from Warehouse Deals,Inc.
Its actually a nice tv.It was advertised as "having a minor imperfection on back of item".
When it came,there was nothing,not even a scratch on the back of it.After using it for a few days,I noticed a cracking sound through the speakers.I guess a blown speaker was the "minor imperfection".
The tv is HD.It has all the hookups in the back,even one to plug a computer into so it can be used as a monitor.It has pre-set viewing modes + a "preference" mode,in which you can adjust the color & brightness levels to your likings.Its got a great picture,and the sound is great(except if the speaker is damaged).
The tv even has a lock menu so you can lock channels,or time videogame playing time in which the screen will turn off & lock...which is great if you have kids & want to have a specific timeframe for their gaming.
The remote control is pretty basic,real easy to use & get used to.The menu,cancel,directional,#s,etc... are all arranged in a comfortable manner.
All in all,its a really nice small flatscreen.Its great for a bedroom or dormroom.I will say that PS3 games look amazing on it.
on December 18, 2012
I bought this TV before black friday for only 180 dollars. 24 inch 1080p LED, no other TV has this low price. Toshiba didn't let me down when this TV shipped to me. The picture on this TV is really amazing, much much better than the 32" 720p TV of my friend and his 19" monitor. The LED backgound light makes the picture looks great on any situation. I play xbox and movies on TV, it look great both on games and movies. For this price, this TV is just perfect!
on February 7, 2013
when I have the TV on any channel cable or local with a crawl on the bottom of the screen the lettering starts from the right regular size for a crawl it moves to the middle gets smaller as it gets to the left the lettering gets larger.Also program being watched seems to have a slight oval shape. also rarely picture seems to blur for both my wife and I. This could nbe cable connection although we have not witnessed these events on our other TV's.

respectfully yours:

Phillip Rusciano
on December 6, 2012
TV works .......OK for a bedroom TV. Response to change channels is slow. The included remote apparently has a fault or simply the wrong code programmed for 'Power ON'. I had to program my Logitech to turn it on and take it in the other room every time i want to turn it on. The TV has no manual buttons at all. Remainder of the included remote functions work after i turn the TV on. I cant believe the remote made it thru any kind of QA process. I will probably buy another Logitech remote soon and use my old one with the Toshiba TV,