Toshiba 26AV502U 26" LCD TV 26AV502R LCD Flat Panel TVs
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer Manufacturer's Review (March 12, 2009)
Strikingly gorgeous in high-gloss piano black, the 26-inch Toshiba 26AV502R 720p HDTV combines quality, style, and value. It features Toshiba's DynaLight dynamic backlight control for deeper black levels and two HDMI digital inputs for simple high quality connection to cable/satellite boxes, DVD players and more. It includes a PC Input for use as a PC monitor or gaming TV, and--unlike other smaller TVs--it also features a Gaming Mode to shorten the signal to screen time for faster game controller response. And this HDTV, like all Toshiba 2009 TV models, meets Energy Star 3.0 certifications for reducing energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
In addition to this 26-inch model, the Toshiba AV502 series also includes the 32-inch 32AV502R
and 37-inch 37AV502R
. For a step up to 1080p resolution, check out the RV525 series 40-inch 40RV525R
. (Learn more about what size TV should you get
- 720p resolution (1366 x 768)
- 60Hz video scan rate
- 10-bit video processor offers more colors
- DynaLight Backlight Control utilizes advanced image processing to monitor the brightness of each video frame, and adjust the backlight intensity accordingly. This precision creates seamless transitions with deep blacks for increased detail and depth analysis.
- Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5 percent that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets.
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown): This HDTV performs 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal, too-- a handy feature for watching progressive-scan movie programs in their native 24-frame format. To adapt 24 frames-per-second movies to 30 fps video, frames in the original movie must be duplicated; 3:2 pulldown digitally corrects this duplication by removing the redundant information to display a frame-accurate picture.
- Color Temperature Control: Most Toshiba televisions provide three user-selectable Color Temperature settings affect the sets overall white balance. The "Warm" setting reduces the color temperature to an NTSC standard 6500 degrees Kelvin and delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room. "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- TheaterWide: Sets with TheaterWide modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as enhanced for widescreen television DVDs.
- TheaterWide 1:Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33 percent horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software.
- TheaterWide 2:Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 42 percent vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope.
- TheaterWide 3:Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 24 percent vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- Gaming Mode enhances the gaming experience by reducing the amount of time it takes for the signal to travel from the game controller to the TV.
- Channel Browser allows you to easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling allows you to put station call letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching.
- Energy Star 3.0 compliant
- Warranty: 12 months for parts and labor
- HDMI (version 1.3): 2
- Component: 2
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 front, 1 side)
- S-Video: 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- TV with stand: 26.4 x 19.8 x 9.2 inches (WxHxD)
- TV without stand: 26.4 x 18 x 3.7 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 21.8 pounds
- VESA mounting pattern: 100mm x 200mm
- What size TV should you get?
|What's in the Box |
- 26-inch Toshiba 26AV502R HDTV
- Removable stand
- Power cord
- 4-unit universal remote control (with batteries)
- Printed documentation
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5