- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Toshiba 37E200U 37-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black Gloss) (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1080P Full High-Definition Cinespeed Display
- Dynalight Dynamic Backlight Control For Deep Black Levels
- Photo Frame Capability & Mp3 Playback Via Usb
- Gaming Mode For Fast Game Controller Response
- 37.6-inch LCD HDTV with Full 1080p HD resolution; slimming tapered bezel and attractive front panel Horizon design gradation
- DynaLight backlight control adjusts for deeper black levels for higher dynamic contrast and more realistic picture
- Photo Frame capability for showing off your digital photo slideshows; USB connection for playing MP3 digital audio
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Toshiba
- Model Number: 37E200U
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 37 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16"09
Toshiba's E200U Series HDTV with 1080p high-def resolution (see larger image).
The attractive front panel gradation of Toshiba's Horizon design (see larger image).
DynaLight automatically adjusts the backlight intensity based on the image content.
Boasting a slimming tapered bezel and attractive front panel gradation, the new Horizon design creates a more modern, elegant appearance that also adds a subtle luminance to the logo to further its stylish appeal. Other features include MP3 playback via the integrated USB port, a PC input, and a removable stand.
- 1080p HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- CineSpeed LCD panel with a fast response speed necessary for cleaner high-action home theater images. A wide viewing angle ensures that you'll have the best seat in the house.
- DynaLight Backlight Control utilizes advanced image processing to monitor the brightness of each video frame, and adjust the backlight intensity accordingly. This precision creates seamless transitions with deep blacks for increased detail and depth analysis.
- Photo Frame capability allows this HDTV to act as both a TV and a digital photo frame. You can showcase your favorite memories as a clear, crisp slide show on the high-resolution television screen--all controlled with just the TV remote.
- Gaming Mode takes the gaming experience to a new level by reducing game control delay, thus giving the player improved reaction time and a more realistic playing experience. This is great when used with popular gaming consoles, or with PC games using the TVs PC Input.
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5 percent that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets.
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown): This HDTV performs 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal, too--a handy feature for watching progressive-scan movie programs in their native 24-frame format. To adapt 24 frames-per-second movies to 30 fps video, frames in the original movie must be duplicated; 3:2 pulldown digitally corrects this duplication by removing the redundant information to display a frame-accurate picture.
- Color Temperature Control enables you to adjust white balance to achieve the best television picture possible in any viewing environment, or simply adjust the picture to suit your personal tastes. The "Warm" setting delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room, while "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- Three TheaterWide modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as enhanced for widescreen television DVDs.
- TheaterWide 1: Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33 percent horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software.
- TheaterWide 2: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 42 percent vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope.
- TheaterWide 3: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 24 percent vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- MP3 audio and JPEG image playback via USB port on the side.
- REGZA-LINK (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by the remote control.
- InstaPort fast HDMI switching between A/V components: Typically, when you switch HDMI inputs, there can be a five or six second delay. With InstaPort, as soon as you select an HDMI source, it will connect in a fraction of the time.
- Bottom-mounted invisible speakers integrated into stylish Horizon bezel design (20 Watts total power; 10W + 10W).
- Channel Browser allows you to easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling allows you to put station call letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching
- Input labeling enables you to name the individual inputs to denote usage, such as "DVD Player" (instead of having them display as just "HDMI 1" and "HDMI 2").
- Removable stand for wall mounting (200mm x 200mm VESA mounting pattern)
- Tri-lingual onscreen menu (English, French, Spanish)
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor
The E200U's jack pack (also see a schematic image of side ports and controls).
What's in the BoxE200U Series HDTV, remote control (with batteries), removable stand, printed owner's manual
Toshiba 2010 REGZA HDTV Comparison
|Series:||C100U LCD||CV100U LCD||E200U LCD||G300U LCD||UX600U LED|
|Models:|| 19C100U 19" |
| 19CV100U 19" |
| 32E200U 32" |
| 40G300U 40" |
| 40UX600U 40" |
|Resolution|| 720p ||720p||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD|
| PixelPure 5G |
| Resolution+ |
| AutoView |
ambient light sensor
|HDMI input||2 (1 on side)||2 (1 on side)||4 (1 on side)||4 (1 on side)||4 (2 on side)|
| HDMI InstaPort |
| Component input |
(Y, PB, PR)
|SD Card slot||--||--||--||--|
|Network capability||--||--||--||Ethernet||Ethernet + Wi-Fi|
| MP3 and JPEG |
|Integrated DVD Player||--||--||--||--|
|Energy Star||19" and 22" models||19" and 22" models||--||--|
| With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I searched for a decent 37" TV at a reasonable price and looked at several different brands. I almost bought a Vizio because of the price, but then I found this Toshiba for less than 600$. Here is what I can say about it so far:
This TV has a very good picture especially on the Directv hi-def channels. It has some interesting features that I have not yet used such as:
the ability to play picture files (like a giant digital photo frame, and
the ability to play MUSIC files, like a giant Mp3 player.
When I press the "mute" (to mute the sound)button, it will mute half way, then another press of the button mutes the sound completely.
It has a computer terminal for connecting a PC.
It has 4 HDMI inputs.
The reason I gave this TV 4 stars is the viewing angles--like most LCDs, you need to sit almost directly in front of the screen. If you try and watch it too far off to one side, the colors get a bit washed out.
For an auxillary TV, this one fits the bill. My home theatre TV is a 50" plasma, and that TV blows this one away. But if you just want a fairly large TV for everyday watching and not the whole "home theatre" experience, you will be pleased with this unit. I think Toshiba is a decent brand and most of the reviews on other Toshiba models have been pretty good.
The picture is awesome. Our other TV is a Samsung 40 inch, which is another highly rated LCD, and I made my own comparison by watching a Stanley Cup Hockey game on both TV's and could not tell any difference. A Hockey game broadcast in HD is a very good test for your TV's clarity, and this Toshiba did not disappoint.
The dynamic aspect ratio works great.
The fact that Toshiba doesn't publish the contrast ratio should not be a deterrent for getting this TV. Contrast ratio is a marketing gimmick, and the determination should be that if you look at the picture, and it looks great to your eyes, who cares what the actual contrast ratio is? The blacks look black, and the whites look white, and there isn't much more to worry about.
Good price for a great TV!
I am returning this television today. Toshiba's customer service has been giving me the run around on getting this thing fixed, and I'm unable to put up with it any longer. I bought this on Cyber Monday, and still haven't been able to use it. Their customer service kept losing my paperwork, so no one has been able to answer my questions as to why I haven't been able to get my tv back yet. Finally I get a call back (after at least a week of being told that, whoops, we lost your paperwork, someone eill definitely be calling you back today) from a "manager" (unprofessional sounding and insincere) who told me that the part I need is on indefinite backorder. I asked her why they just won't send me a new once, since I didn't break it, and it didn't work from the very moment I plugged it in. She told me that isn't an option and I have to get it fixed by them. I told them I don't want a refurbished television when I paid for a brand new one. She wasn't really happy with my opinion. So, I'm sending it back to Amazon.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great price. Forty-eight hour delivery when five day was expected. Had two problems during warranty period. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Recording Secretary
Great TV, has better sound quality than other big screen TVs. It is connected to a Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player, X-Box, computer, and DVD player and it still has ports to spare!Published on January 7, 2014 by Mary B.
For the money, it's not bad, but we relegated it to the basement after buying a 40 inch Sony Bravio for just a bit more than we paid for the Toshiba.Published on December 6, 2013 by Henri Paul Talisker
Have had this for 2 years now and still very happy with it. The picture and color are clear; size is perfect for us.Published on December 2, 2013 by Once Redeemed
This was perfect as a spare bedroom TV and the price was awesome. If you want smart features, (Netflix, Amazon streaming, etc) you should get a smart DVD player or something along... Read morePublished on November 29, 2013 by Rich D in Ventura CA
This Toshiba LCD HDTV it truth to it name, the black gloss is beautiful (if you like black) and the images are really clear.
There are probably better, cheaper TV's out there nowadays but when I bought this one it was very affordable and has served us very well. Read morePublished on November 25, 2012 by cd
I purchased this TV based on the great reviews. About 6 months into the product, it started having streaks across the screen. Read morePublished on August 31, 2012 by Guy Berry