5.0 out of 5 stars Gamer Review - No Smart TV Features, No Problem
I'm a gamer. I have an Xbox One. I use it to (obviously) play games, watch Netflix and YouTube, listen to music, and even browse the Internet occasionally. And if I had a PS4, I know it would offer many of those same features.

Published 5 months ago by BrainiacRK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture- cheap construction
This model is as advertised with a great picture, however I'm a bit disappointed with the stand mount. It's very wobbly and I wouldn't trust it in high traffic areas or where a child could get at it. This model may be better suited for an articulated arm or wall mount.
Published 5 months ago by Blazerboy

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamer Review - No Smart TV Features, No Problem, March 26, 2014

It's for this reason (because I own an console that already does everything) that I DO NOT want a more expensive Smart TV with a bunch of built-in apps that I don't care about. Instead, I simply want a basic, reasonably priced, high-quality LED on which my Xbox One interface will look great. And this TV... it delivers. It is a 'stupid' as they come when it comes to LED TVs and that makes me very happy.

Additionally, newer Toshiba TVs have an excellently responsive Game Mode. Just go look over on the Input Lag database (search Input Lag Database on Google) and you'll see that Toshiba offers some great options. This TV isn't in the database yet, but I decided to go ahead and gamble and buy it anyway... and after a couple of days worth of TitanFall I'm confident that this TV is super-speedy for gaming. My daughter watched Frozen with the Movie Mode turned on and it looked great too, but honestly, like I said, this is a gamer review, so there's probably somebody else out there more qualified at telling you if the 120 HZ ClearMotion is quality enough for movie buffs.

So yeah, if 1) you want a pretty big TV on which to play games, 2) you're like me and see no need to double-dip by having both Smart TV and Xbox One apps that literally do the exact same thing, and 3) you're on a budget, then this TV is a GREAT choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great No Frills LED TV, April 2, 2014
If you are shopping for a TV but don't need all the bells and whistles that come with a smart TV, then i highly recommend this unit. It is a very attractive unit - slim and stylish. Best of all is the picture! So clear and bright. Definitely worth looking at when shopping for a reasonably priced LED TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome TV for PS3 and PS4!, April 21, 2014
Jay Man (Olivia, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I was specially looking for a non-smart TV just for gaming and I picked this one. There seems to be a few problems with Samsung Smart TV's freezing up and I did not need that option anyway. If you are looking for a smart TV, I would recommend buying a Roku with this TV. You can't go wrong for the price since it is a 1080 TV. Also this is not a true 120hz TV, only in cinema mode and I did not see any difference in gaming and I am not using gaming mode since this TV seems fast enough. This TV is also a gloss finish which makes the picture more crisp! Once thing I noticed playing Battlefield 4 on my new Samsung and LG TV, that there is a certain map that has a cave and I can actually see with the Toshiba inside the cave and the LG and Samsung I could not, so I always hated playing that map till now

The colors are nice and crisp and there is no delay in the response time with the controller. I am using a HDMI connection and did a few adjustments on the colors from a previous review someone did. Amazon can't seem to keep this TV in stock, so I had to buy it from a different dealer. The only thing I did add was buy a Philips CSS2123B/F7 SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers for added gaming experience, otherwise it sounds pretty good with the built in speakers. The TV is also very light and can be easily moved around and it also has a VESA mount for mounting on the wall.

Update 7/6/2014 - The TV is used constantly for PS3 and I liked to so much I bought a 2nd one for my PS4! I just took the default settings on both TV's. The only problem that I found out when I have both TV's right next to each other one remote controls them both. Shut one off the other one turns on. lol! Which I only do for gaming LAN parties and then I just use the buttons on back of the TV. I watched a DVD through one once and the picture was amazing! You can't go wrong for the $219 Amazon price! This TV is so popular you have to wait a few weeks to get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv, April 17, 2014
Bought two of these not off Amazon. One had major bleeding issues during dark scenes. Looked horrible. Exchanged it for same model. All is good.

1080 looks awesome in my bedroom. The tv is 60hz with basically an enhancer that clocks refresh at 120 but you only can 'enable' that by putting it in Cinema mode. Basketball looked no different in Cinema mode than it did with Cinema mode turned off.

Spend some time tinkering with the picture settings. After a while I got things looking amazing. I keep backlight at 30 and brightness at 20. Contrast at 60. Noise reduction off. Color at 30. Tint 0, Sharpness at 5 and didn't even bother messing with color hues and such. Temperature is medium and picture mode Standard.

2 hdmi is enough for me. Sound is great. Plenty loud. Easy setup. Aluminium-ish stand and bottom frame look really nice. Satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang for the bucks, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Toshiba 40L2400U 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (Electronics)
Best 1080 for the price. If price then quality are 1st then 2nd then you can't beat this TV. I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger and am convinced I made correct choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. Great Delivery., May 22, 2014
Have had two Toshiba HDTVs. Both are very good products, great pictures, colors, contrast, etc. Easy to customize various settings to individual desires. White Glove Delivery was exceptional. Delivery company was in contact with me prior to date of delivery. Via phone contact, set delivery date convenient for me. Two delivery persons came, as did for delivery of first set (handed down to nephew and wife as theirs was "on it's last legs". Delivery persons brought tv in, unpacked and attached stand, inspected and allowed me to visually inspect, carried to desired room and set up. They offered to hook up tv and program, however I waived this and did later in the day. Delivery persons very friendly, relaxed but very efficient manner and treated tv with great care. Another great purchase from Amazon.com from placing order to completion of delivery to my home. COULD NOT ASK FOR OR EXPECT BETTER.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another vanity purchase, May 1, 2014
Senjiwe Al-Muhadinis (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I finally disposed of my circa 1985 TV, with some regret as I still had it connected to my same vintage Denon stereo system, and vcr and dvd player. The Vanity comes in as all the other electronics in the cabinet were "gun metal" and I did not want a black bezel on the tv. Searching for maximum size and gun metal resulted in this HDTV. The bonus is is that it has a great picture (after following suggestion from an earlier reviewer) and the sound is acceptable. I wanted a plain HDTV as I won a Roku 3 and luckily we have over the air digital signals for the local channels. I assembled it, set it up, attached the Roku and life is excellent on the bedroom tv watching spectrum. Regarding the other reviewer's statement about the instability of the stand, if you screw it into the TV stand, and/or apply a strap to the provided rear hook, as Toshiba states to complete the installation with the stand, no problems with tipping. I live in earthquake territory and all appliances get locked down.

So if you want a "vanilla" HDTV of decent size you can't go wrong with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture- cheap construction, April 10, 2014
Blazerboy (State of Bliss) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The Toshiba 32L2400U is a great value TV, July 22, 2014
Leland L. Bahr "Lee" (Kingwood, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The Toshiba 32L2400U is a great value TV. I wanted a great basic TV and this one sure fits the bill. I have four high end flat screen TVs and never use the WIFI or Smart TV features within them. (If you need WIFI, you can get that built into a Blue Ray player.) So when I went out looking for another TV, I did not want to pay for those features but LED and LCD (bright colors) were important to me as well as 1080p for high resolution and active 120 hertz speed for fast moving action scenes. This TV fits those requirements.

This TV is a name brand LED/LCD type, has plenty of input and output ports, has as good as any sound for built in speakers, is 1080p, and has active 120 hertz speed. Those are the important features to me. The picture is sharp, crisp with brilliant colors. The set up screens are very intuitive and I find the remote control very nice.

I had read some concerns regarding the stand being wobbly. That bothered me but unless you live in a earth quake zone, the stand sure seems stable enough for me. I doubt it is any more unstable then any other 32 inch TV stand on any other 32 inch TV. In short, the TV, to me, is plenty stable and I found the concern unwarranted. I might add the TV is almost feather light. If I tried, I bet I could pick it up with my thumb and forefinger. A small child could lift and move this TV with little problem. I might add it took me less then 5 minutes to install the stand. (Two screws on the back of the TV and four screws on the bottom of the stand.)

So the bottom line to all this is this is a great TV for it's price. I don't believe you would be sorry purchasing it. I am retired, hold a broadcast engineer license, an Extra Class Amateur Radio License, and have tons of electronic experience under my belt. I like this TV so much I have just ordered another one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV for the price, April 23, 2014
I bought this HDTV on Amazon Warehouse deals and it came quick and in excellent condition. Right out of the box it was a very easy setup. I had bought a Samsung Smart TV and I was a little disappointed in the Netflix app stuttering and stopping many times. So I felt I needed a simple HDTV and hook it up to my Roku 2 player. Awesome picture and great for my family room. Proud of my purchase.

Toshiba 40L2400U 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV