Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba 50L1350U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (2013 Model)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2014
Please take into consideration that I am not a avid TV watcher. I bought this TV for it's size to fit in my entertainment center in my living/family room. The room size is approximately 12'x15 and the 32" TV was the largest that would fit in the entertainment center space. The farthest distance any chair is from the TV is approx. eight feet. I would think anything larger than a 32" TV would be over kill. The TV was very easy to assemble and set up. The picture and sound is everything that all professional reviews say. In addition, it was very easy to route the sound through my stereo with RCA cords when I wish theater quality sound. It is also easy to watch shows streaming off my computer and Kindle with simply plugging in HDMI cords from my TV to computer/Kindle.
on March 14, 2014
i went to the Toshiba website and it says in order to enable clearscan you must have you TV on Cinema mode. beacause "There are no seperate settings for clearscan"
i was reading an article where it said some tv's use fancy language to make people think they are 120 hertz, i think thats what "Clearscan" is for this TV. The TV has a refresh rate of 60 frames per second and there is no way to change it to 120 hertz. 120 Hertz clearscan must be something else. The I was playing Xbox one on this TV and the picture looked great. I just don't think it's 120 hertz refresh rate.
on November 15, 2013
I bought the 23 inch model because I had the 32" model. Both worked, but would occasionally add random channels to the menu, both would sometimes go to a channel NOT selected before going to the selected channel.

The 32" unit finally stopped working after 19 months. The 23" unit is newer and still working, but sometimes shuts off the sound. I have to go back and forth between channels a few times before the sound comes back.

I like the picture on both units and was happy with them when they worked correctly, but the quality is much less than I expect from Toshiba. I will not buy this model again. Even with the good price, I think the problems and short life make them a poor value.
on January 20, 2014
This review is for the 50" version of this TV, which is the one I purchased. I wanted a TV primarily for my gaming room, which would be responsible for displaying sporting events, a computer monitor, and an Xbox 360 and a PS4. The reason I picked this TV was the input lag, a feature not often talked about.. The input lag database clocks this TV at 27ms. That's really low, and lower is better. So if you're looking for a gaming TV, you're going to want something like this, and for the money, you're not going to find a better TV this size at a lower price.

There are a few things I feel could be improved. Namely, I wish you could create custom names for the inputs. Instead, you can leave them as "HDMI 1" "HDMI 2" or you can pick from a provided list. But without custom names, instead of "Verizon FIOS" "360" and "PS4" I end up with "Cable TV" "Game" "Game". Not a huge deal, but my livingroom TV lets me do this and its a small feature I miss.

Also, in the bottom-right you'll find a green circle that lights up when the TV is on. You can push that circle and naturally I thought it was the power button. It didn't work, and I was able to turn the TV on and off with the remote. It turns out, that isn't the power button. The power button is located behind the TV on the left-hand side, along with the channel, volume, and input buttons. It's just sort of hidden away back there.

The stand is a bit boring and there is nothing to make the TV itself stand out aside from the stellar display. Also, I didn't notice it in the pictures, but there is a gap between the bottom stand and the TV where it's a silver metal instead of the black plastic, which does look a tad bit odd.

The display itself is exactly what I wanted. Sharp images, good blacks, nice contrast. Viewing angle is okay, and picture isn't too glossy so the brightness of the room isn't critical. Perfect for gaming, great for sports, and good for movies. 5 out of 5 stars, I'd buy this again.
on December 2, 2013
This TV/monitor is an amazingly good product. You can use it as a TV, computer monitor, or both at the same time. The price is about the same as a good quality 23" monitor, so you're getting an HD TV for free with this. I used it as a TV in a guest bedroom. It was easy to wall mount, not overly heavy for the size, and is slim enough so it takes up practically no space when it's folded flat against the wall. The picture quality is as good as I've ever seen with a true HD signal. Even if you don't have HD, the picture quality is above average. Snap this baby up, especially when it goes on sale.
on January 7, 2014
I initially had a 37" 720p Toshiba LCD, which I replaced with a 42" 1080p Toshiba LCD, which was then replaced by this 50" Toshiba 1080p LED TV. I still have the 37" and 42", they both still work great; they have just been redeployed to the bedrooms.

Because I have had such good luck with Toshiba TV's in the past, I decided to continue with the Toshiba brand for my new 50" TV and I have not been disappointed. The funny thing is that one of my wants in a new TV was to have RCA audio outputs as I have an old Sony SA-VA analog audio system, and Toshiba was one of the few that still had analog audio outputs in their TV's.

I use this set as my main TV and I am very happy with it. It has 3 HDMI inputs (my 42" set had 4 HDMI inputs) and I have connected to it my cable STB/DVR, Xbox one, and Toshiba HD-DVD player. My Xbox one has a built in blu-ray player so I was able to eliminate the need for my PS3.

Aesthetically, I really like this TV. The bezel is much thinner than my old set but not quite as thin as some of the new LED's out right now. However, this TV is also much less expensive than some of the other newer LED sets. The base is sort of flimsy and I was worried that, based on previous reviews, the TV would "droop" or wobble in response to vibration or someone walking near the TV. Fortunately, that has not been the case. Despite the fact that the base could be sturdier, it sits even on my TV stand and does not wobble. The TV base unfortunately does not swivel like the 42" set I had, but the wide viewing angle makes up for that.

Inputs and outputs are perfect for me. I needed at least 3 HDMI inputs because I don't have an audio receiver. My audio system is old and analog, but still works great. Switching between inputs is very fast, much faster than either of my older Toshiba LCD's. The menu is also a bit more user friendly. There are plenty of options for customizing the picture and audio quality. The built in speakers are surprisingly good.

When you feed a high quality source into this TV the results are exceptional. For example, when I use my Xbox one for gaming or Netflix, the picture is (in my opinion) exceptional. The same holds true when watching HD-DVD's or DVD's via my HD-DVD player. When viewing the cable set top box, the quality of picture really depends on the channel. Some channels are better than others, despite the fact that they are all supposed to be HD channels. I don't think that this TV does much in terms of video manipulation, so the better the source the better the picture. However, many of my cable channels through the set top box do look fantastic. Again, not the fault of the TV. Coming from an LCD TV, the colors and blacks are more vibrant on this TV. Not sure if it's due to the LED technology or just the fact that this is a brand new TV.

Overall, I am really impressed with this TV. I was kind of worried that the quality wouldn't be as good as my 42" Regza LCD based on previous reviews, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The picture is fantastic, the audio is very good, and the looks are amazing. I spent quite a bit of time calibrating my 42" and 37" Toshiba LCD's with DV Essentials on HD-DVD. I really didn't need to even do that with this set as it looks pretty good right out of the box. It is also significantly lighter than my 42" LCD. I highly recommend this TV!

As always, Amazon was awesome with super fast shipping and delivery. I'm 100% happy with this purchase.
on December 29, 2013
I read reviews on this Television from TV lag websites this was one of the ones with great hardly no lag for gaming. And it turned out to be awesome. Great response time from the controller to game. I think its 27ms of lag which is really good compared to others. The picture with HD cable tv is pretty nice . Also the new xbox one looks totally awesome on this TV. I would recommend this tv to everyone. The price is great also.

Cons-The deliver isn't consistence. They had me selet a date and then the next day made me reschedule and still delivered on the same day as scheduled before. I didn't care for that cause i had to change my days off twice so i could be home for delivery.
on October 14, 2013
I was considering a lcd tv at first, but i'm happy I bought this led instead, its a brighter picture and the 120hz refresh rate was another reason. 720 p is all you need for a tv of 32inches, gives all the detail and clarity I need. The colors are calibrated at the factory and it worked great right out of the box. Its the most bang for the buck, I could find. I am only disappointed about one thing....the base base the tv kinda wobbly,and unstable, but the toshiba use the same base for all their tv's up to 50 inch models. I opted to wall mount it with the Cheetah mounts lcd wall mount bracket, so that took care of that problem! Also the viewing of the picture off side is very good, so you dont have to sit only in front of it to view a great picture. So glad I bought a led tv vs.a lcd, lcd was the forerunner, but with lcd, theres a bulb that periodically needs replacing, its what makes the picture since the display is liquid, its backlit, a bulb costs about $200.00, but with a led tv, theres no backlighiting, its a series of light emitting diodes (led), which should make it more dependable and definately gives the tv its brighter more accurate picture, blacks are pure, whites are clean, gold looks gold and silver is silver. This tv sells for 399.00 at Pest Buy....so Amazon has the best deal!
on April 24, 2014
First thing, I did not buy this tv through Amazon (wish I would have), but Best Buy. Out of the box the tv had a screen defect. There are these ripples of gray towards the top left of the screen that can be seen on lighter backgrounds. I thought I had 30 days to return the tv, but Best Buy recently changed their policy and only gave 14 days, so . . . I called Toshiba to activate the warranty. First they said the model number from the back of the tv did not exist. I had to take a picture of it and email it to Toshiba--the makers of the tv--to prove I was giving them the right model number. Okay, no problem. They tell me the tv is covered, call tech support. I call tech support. They try to walk me through all these steps to "fix" the picture when it is clearly a screen defect. I've invested about 45 minutes of my life, but okay this must be protocol. They finally say that the tv will need to be taken to a repair facility and fixed under warranty. They give the name and number of a place. The place never answers the phone. I finally get through to the repair place after days of trying and the guy tells me Toshiba should have given me an authorization number. Well, they didn't. Call back tech support. They have no idea what I am talking about. Finally, after being on hold the guy comes back and says, oh yes here is your authorization number. I call back the repair place a few times, finally get them on the line, and the guy tells me to bring the tv in at 4pm. I wait an hour in front of his shop before the repair guy shows up. Beyond frustrated at this point, but at any rate, I leave the tv. Next day the repair guy calls me and says that Toshiba will not cover cost of repairing the tv, they say the screen was damaged by someone hitting it? Yes, I make a habit of smacking around my flat screens. If that wasn't bad enough, this tv is advertised as 120hz, but on the back of the tv it says 60hz. So disgusted with Toshiba. I have laptops from them that are great, but I will not be a repeat customer after my experience with the tv. I seriously want to through the thing in the garbage.
on December 12, 2013
you need HD cable to appreciate the picture. menu on TV setup is a bit sketchy, had to go online and download the manual. TV is very light weight and it does wobble,(I bought 2 for gifts) attached them to the shelf back. The TV sits on a wood entertainment center. I purchased some tie downs to help, so far so good. I got "Dreambaby 2 Pack Flat Screen TV Saver, Black" about 8 dollars. be sure to pre-drill the holes to attach wood screws(provided), adjust the straps like you would do on a backpack and you won't have problems with the plastic buckles, each end is painted metal and all screws are provided. I think mounting on the wall would be better if possible. Hope this helps.