5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a year later
I love my TV. For the price it was a good find. It shows SO good.... I watch the game on it and the picture is so crisp and sounds so good. I just bought a DVD player with HDMI but havnt used that yet. I will very soon. If you thinking of buying this set DO. I dont know what the others said but I say DO IT. I will get back to you on the HDMI.
Published on November 21, 2006 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars my broken tv
I looked forward to receiving my first large screen tv and was delighted that amazon carried such devices. I selected the Toshiba 51 inch projection systam based upon reccomendations recieved on the internet.

Published on November 20, 2005 by Raymond J. Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars my broken tv, November 20, 2005
Raymond J. Kelly (huntsville, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba 51H94 51-Inch Projection HDTV with Integrated DTV Receiver (Electronics)

As usual amazon sent numerous pre delivery emails which of course raised my expectations. There was even the possibility that the tv would arrive before the big "iron bowl" game which if you don't know is the biggest football game in the world and annually pits Auburn U. against their arch rival U. of Alabama.

The truck driver called about a half hour out telling me of his imminent arrival. The select spot in the room was vacuumed again in anticipation.

The truck arrived and the jovial driver and his helper were as excited as I was. I checked the box and there were no marks on it whatsoever. They carefully unpacked the tv and used the lift gate to softly lower it to the ground. They physically carried it up one flight of steps and set it ont the carpeted floor wher it was able to be moved via its own wheels into the place prepared for it.

The drivers then cleaned up the carton and took it with them but the driver dialed his cell phone to contact the person who asked me various questions to which I reponded very positively and affirmatively. I also signed the form stating that I had received the tv in good shape.

The driver had a truck full of refrigerator sized boxes and mentioned that he had eleven more deliveries to make that afternoon! What a schedule!!

After they left I took a nap to refresh myself(I'm 65) and then my son came home from college to finish the installation of the surround sound and connect the antenna and so on. After he had done the above he turned the set on and then my nitemare began. Because you see ther was no picture. It must be a mistake but I told my son to call Toshiba but they indignantly told him that this was a shipping problem and I had signed off on the shipping. I tried to call amazon but they don't have any phone number listed at ALL. Only an email which of course was out of order for some unknown length of time. Its still broke as of this writing. Eventually I got an email by pretinding something and got to speak to a human at amazon. Boy he was the snottiest individual I have encountered in a long long time and I dont reccomend that you ever speak to an individual at amazon.

The reason he was snotty was because I had not powered up the tv before signing the document. He really couldn't believe it and when I countered that amazon had not warned me to do such he said o yes they had and with some difficulty ha bored down through about five livels where it says after delivery it is Toshiba's responsibility but they had said ne but he said "too bad " its now your problem and when I subsequently called my sredit card company sthey said that amazon had been paid and the only way that they could do anything was for me to return the unit to wherever amazon was (any ideas). How was I going to pack this monsterous tv with the carton gone and get it ou to ship it to somewhere?????

So if anyone knows how to pack this monster blue light so that it can be shipped to somewhere or if someone knows how to get in touch with a thinking human at amazon or any way short of my only method to. Its probably illegal to say what I was going to. My email is raykellyray@yahoo.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a year later, November 21, 2006