5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this Toshiba product
UPDATED - May 2014 -

Published 15 months ago by Throttleclutch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Toshiba 55L7200U 55" Class 1080P 240Hz 3D LED HD TV (Electronics)
I purchased this tv from microcenter yesterday, and could not be happier. 55 inches and a beautiful, clear bright picture. I paid 899 for it. The 3d is great. It is passive 3d, which is viewable with glasses which do not require batteries. It converts 2d to 3d with the flick of a switch on the included universal remote. it has 240 hz refresh rate, and sports and fast moving objects look great. it has a very slim bezel and seems to float on its stand. It also includes a wireless keyboard for surfing the net, and 4 pair of toshiba branded 3d glasses in the box. the set includes 4 hdmi inputs as well as a plethora of other inputs including 2 usb ports. The toshiba 55l7200u is a great product, and one should not hesitate to buy it. Blu ray movies look wonderful. The only minor thing about the set is the sound which has to be brought up about 60 percent during the day. However this is not a deal breaker because it is loud enough, and actually produces good sound reproduction. The tv is very slim, and its stand is stable and turns side to side. This tv competes as well as much more expensive samsungs and LG. Great set.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful picture, January 15, 2014
This 55 inch tv is simply awesome. The picture is perfectly clear. The 3D is a feature I hoped would be of interest to my 5 young grandsons and it did not disappoint. I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tech or not tech, October 27, 2012
I have had this TV for over a year now and have not have any problems or issues. The 3D as well as 2D works great. The apps work great wirelessly (did not have to run coax cable across house. The smart apps work I guess as smart as you are !! Read the manual as this is a high tech electronic piece of equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this Toshiba product, June 17, 2013
UPDATED - May 2014 -

After using this TV for 17 months, I turned it on tonight, and it would not boot up past the Toshiba logo start-up screen. I have looked online on numerous Toshiba forums, and apparently it is a fried motherboard, which will need to be replaced. There are already several irate owners out there who have been told that their units are out of warranty, and Toshiba won't cover the repair/replacement.

DON'T BUY THIS TV!!!

- - - - -
(My earlier review:

Having used the 55L7200U for the past 6 months, I have to say that I am quite disappointed with this set, especially with its smart tv capabilities.

To begin with , the wifi connection keeps dropping, despite being less than 30 feet from my router, and it forgets my password settings each time, I have to manually re-login every time. This takes about 5 minutes each time, I can honestly say that this happens at least twice a week.

The 'smart TV' part of this set is very frustrating to operate. It looks and feels as if all of the various components were hobbled together. The media player is quite basic and does not allow for many popular movie formats, such as XVID, etc. Due to all of these annoying setbacks, I end up using my WD box most of the time.

The TV picture itself is decent and the sound is surprisingly good, but if you are not using this as a smart tv, you can probably get a better deal on another set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 3D HDTV., September 27, 2013
Chris Martin "CM" (Montgomery,ALabama) - See all my reviews
Let's start with the 3D feature...it is absolutely marvelous. The 3D is passive with several pairs of 3D glasses and is easy on the eyes, superior sound and a crisp picture makes for a very enjoyable 3D viewing experience. As for the other features.....the 240 hz really makes a BIG difference when it comes to watching fast-moving sports. Motion blur is non-existence as is the soap opera effect. I've only had the set for 2 weeks and I can't stop watching it. The size of the set is very impressive and the setup was very easy. The weight of the set is such that I was able to lift it alone and place it where I want it. The bezel is made of glass and is kinda of heavy. The TV has a swivel base that makes it easy to turn the set in either direction. This LED TV nay not be the perfect passive 3D set on the market, but in my eyes. it sure is a strong contender (at least in the 55inh size range. The sheer size of the set will knock your socks off). I would highly recommend this set to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice tv great price, August 19, 2013
very nice tv great price. great picture no bezel design is awesome. volume on toshibas is always a little light

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture, weak sound, January 28, 2013
The picture quality is great. We aren't happy with the volume of sound that comes out of it. (Our hearing is fine). we supplement the sound by using a home theater with 5.1 surround sound.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many issues, September 9, 2012
Cons: wireless sets the wrong network settings(IP, gateway),so you have to manually go in and set the proper ones or spend time and money running an Ethernet cable across your house.
The wireless keyboard only works the menu and web browser, doesn't work in Netflix, YouTube.
You cannot download additional apps other then the 5 provided with the TV.
The navigation arrows on the remote are surrounded with buttons making using the remote without looking at it almost impossible.
The Enter key on the keyboard doesn't confirm entry, you have to press the F4 key(Blue button).
The smartTV functions are lacking compared to other manufacturers(ie. LG, Samsung)
Pros:
3D works well, 2D to 3D looks alright(depending on the content being watched), you can use the realD glasses from the movie theatre(if the 4 sets of glasses are not enough).
Thin bezel around screen makes the screen feel big.
Colors and brightness are sharp, even when wearing 3D glasses.
Conclusion:
Good if you just want a 3D TV, but problems with setup and operating the other features, makes for a headache and wasting time trying to get it to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value for Great Performance., February 13, 2013
My only CON is with Amazon.ca versus Amazon.com
Why on earth does Amazon Canada have this HDTV for over $1000 more than the USA? What's with the price GowGing?

Anyhow this is a great line of Smart TV's from Toshina. Though I am looking forward to there new refreshed HDTV's coming in 2013 from what I've found out. This HDTV performs very well with vivid picture quality. The sound is alright, though I would recommend a Digital Reciever to really enjoy the audio.

Do I recommend it? Yes from Amazon.com, not from Amazon.ca.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it but workingout some quirks, February 27, 2013
I like the unit with following quirks..
Some shows on CBS look very dark on the screen... may just be how they were taped as they are usually drama/cop shows. When I switch to another channel, picture is great.

Also have issue that shows up sometimes where I get a message that a software update is available. If I click OK, it tells me to wait while it downloads and if I do anything, it could make the TV inoperable.... so I wait. Then I get a message that no update is available. A day or so later, I get the same notice about an update. I've been saying "no" to the upgrade, but it is a hassle to do so as I have to use the TV remote and not the Dish remote... juggling multiple remotes to handle this one issue.

Toshiba 55L7200U 55" Class 1080P 240Hz 3D LED HD TV