From the Manufacturer
Toshiba introduces its first Blu-ray Disc player--the BDX2000--which provides Full HD 1080p digital output that, when coupled with a Toshiba REGZA LCD HDTV, enables you to enjoy the superior quality of high-definition audio & video content. Supporting BD-Live (Profile 2.0), the BDX2000 allows you to take advantage of interactive features through an Ethernet connection. With interactive content enabled on select Blu-ray discs and Bonus View support for picture-in-picture capability, the BDX2000 offers state-of-the-art home entertainment.
Complementing the player's stunning picture quality, the BDX2000 boasts a faceted design featuring a smoked mirrored front panel. The stylish front panel dropdown door conceals the player's primary functions, allowing for a smooth, clean facade.
Using the REGZA-LINK function, the BDX2000 can connect with a Toshiba REGZA LCD HDTV via an HDMI cable and display full high definition content with a single remote control. For added convenience, the BDX2000 features a SD card slot, making it an entertainment hub in the home that enables you to showcase photos and videos with ease.
Key Features and Specifications
- Full HD 1080p/24 fps video output provides an amazing cinema experience in the comfort of your own home (Learn more)
- DVD Upscaling via HDMI technology: DVD Upscaling via HDMI makes your existing standard DVDs look better on your HDTV by upscaling them to near HD quality.
- BD-Live opens up a world of online features, with a convenient SD Card Slot for storing saved content.
- AVCHD Playback for HD playback of your home movies
- REGZA-LINK (HDMI-CEC) connects the BDX2000 and your HDTV for convenient two-way control with one remote.
- Support for enhanced audio formats from Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio | Essential deliver the high-definition audio that completes the Blu-ray experience
- Video upconversion: 720p/1080i/1080p/1080p-24fps
- Video playback features: Progressive Scan 3:2 Pulldown, multi-camera angle select, multi-subtitle select
- Audio technologies: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS, DTS, HD
- Digital audio playback: MP3 and WMA files
- Still photo compatibility: JPEG
- Onscreen display languages: English, French and Spanish
- Convenience features: Parental controls, screen saver
- Dimensions: 17.13 x 2.2 x 8.58 inches
- Weight: 5.07 pounds
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- HDMI (version 1.3): 1
- Component: 1
- Composite A/V: 1
- S-Video: 1
- Ethernet port: 1
- Memory card slot: Secure Digital (SD) card with SDHC support
- Digital audio output: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- Analog audio output: left/right
What's in the Box
Toshiba BDX2000 Blu-ray Disc Player, remote control (with batteries), user manual
Blu-ray Disc's Full HD 1080p resolution produces over 2 million pixels per frame to produce a razor-sharp picture with unmatched depth and clarity that takes full advantage of the capabilities of today's 1080p HDTVs. That's six times the picture data contained on DVDs, which are encoded at only 480p.
This Blu-ray Disc player will also play your standard DVD collection without a problem. And with built-in 1080p video upscaling via HDMI, they'll look even better.