Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba C55-A5182 16-Inch Laptop (2.4 GHz Intel i3 4000M Processor, 6GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, SuperMulti DVD Drive, Windows 8.1)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 22, 2014
This Toshiba is an excellent budget priced Laptop with the basic features most people need. Equipped with 4th generation platform, it is faster than expected, plays games or everyday work. Recommended!
on February 23, 2014
This has been a great laptop so far. Easy to set up. Came with 8.1 so didn't have to upgrade. With a 4th gen i3 and 6g of RAM, it responds very well. Liked having the 750g hard drive. Highly recommended.
on March 16, 2014
What a great deal anytime you can get a high quality lap top for $400. It arrived on time, in great condition and was very easy to set up.
on April 21, 2014
Perhaps I should start by saying that every laptop I've ever owned has been a Toshiba, so I'm not exactly well-versed in the merits, or lack thereof, of the competition. I liked the first one I owned and it served me well, so I decided to stick with a winner.

This latest version has not disappointed me. Even the dreaded Windows 8 hasn't been a big problem for me. I must, however, agree with the other reviewers who have said that the audio sucks. I didn't think I would care about that, but then I tried to use it to watch TV, and discovered that it really can be annoying. And external speakers aren't really a good option for a computer that's supposed to be portable. I haven't tried using headphones or ear buds. Maybe that would be a viable solution.

To sum up, the C55-A5182 is a good, solid machine for the kind of work I do (mostly writing), so overall I'm quite happy with it. It's sleek and beautiful and fast. Just don't try to listen to music or watch a movie.
on March 19, 2014
I've been on a lookout for a laptop and decided i wanted a core i3 M series laptop, please lookout when you buy a laptop that the U series core i3 processors are energy efficient, but the M series are performance.

you want an U series if you need the battery to last long, the M series if you want a little more from your laptop.

so the core i5 "u series" acer like this one, http://amzn.to/Qtamrm is as powerfull as this one.

excellent buy

btw if you want to know wich series you have, look at the processor number, this one is core i3 4000m, the core i5 u series is 4020u. the last digit in the number.

other note, i was also looking at this laptop, its core i3 4th gen but u series, it has the advantage that its touchscreen, http://amzn.to/1l8Xpi5
on July 30, 2014
Awesome computer. Can run some older games on medium settings, like Skyrim... This is because the i3-4000M is a dual core processor with four threads and Hyperthreading technology. The graphics chip is intel HD 4600 which comes with the new i3-4000m. I have only managed to use up to maybe 6% of the processor at any given time doing normal tasks like Firefox iTunes and windows explore with malware bytes running in the background. For those who downvoted because of the sound or plastic design - I disagree. The plastic is rigid and solid. The speakers are what you would expect from a normal laptop, I think they are slightly better than my old compaq presario cq56. If you want good sound with actual bass, buy an aftermarket system, I recommend klipsch as their pro media 2.1 is rich.

Other than that I can't really complain... This computer comes with a really nice chipset, the keyboard is comfy, and the touchpad is responsive... If anything changes I will update this rating.
on September 10, 2014
At first I thought this was a terrific computer. But after only 3 months, the motherboard failed without warning and had to be replaced. Fortunately Toshiba honored the warranty and replaced the board fairly quickly, but it still cost me nearly $30 in shipping costs to get it there. The repaired machine seems to run a bit slower but at least it is running. I would not recommend this computer because of this problem.
on March 5, 2014
Love it This was a gift to my daughter and family. Love skyping with my grandchildren I know she is enjoying it
on September 22, 2015
Hate windows 8. Didn't come with software for laptop. Also missing some programs I thought came with it. I'm glad for the Windows 10 upgrade. I don't use it a whole lot so it does the job for me. If your looking for a good quality computer I don't recommend this one
on April 30, 2014
This seems like a pretty good laptop, but it has the tinniest sound system I've ever dealt with on a computere. Setting up external speakers helps somewhat. Since I stream a lot of films from Amazon and etflix, sound is important to me.