4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Camileo Great for YouTubers!!!!
I was looking for a low cost video camera mostly for YouTube videos and this is one of the few with a touch screen than can be rotated to face you while you make your videos. You can see what is in the video and not have to guess if your shot is covered..
This does have a HD option and so far has produced great videos.
Some of the touch screen options seem a...
Published on March 28, 2011 by William J. M

2.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba S30 playback disapointment
I just purchased the Toshiba Camilei S30 camera and love the features but there are reasons why I might return it.
No.1 - When watching the video played with the HDMI connector or Video connector the annoying time and battery indicator are on the tv screen and cannot be removed.
Can you believe this?
I talked to Toshiba support twice and they confirmed that...
Published on April 14, 2011 by J. Maestro

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Camileo Great for YouTubers!!!!, March 28, 2011
William J. M (Michigan, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo S30 Full HD Camcorder (Silver/Black) (Electronics)
This does have a HD option and so far has produced great videos.
Some of the touch screen options seem a little cheap on appearance and the sound that plays is not the best. However, the recording sound is great.
Light weight and fits the bill to a tee so far....if problems surface, I'll update

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camcorder to have, February 19, 2011
I personally think that this is a very good camera. It is small, can fit in pockets. Also, it is a lot less than regular camcorders. Additionally, unlike most cameras of its price, this camera can go up to 64Gb. People have said that they feel that the material is cheap, but I am happy about it because we are cheap, that's why we bought it. (For example, I wouldn't expect to be paying $100 for a camera made out of solid platinum or something, you know?). For the quality of the videos and pictures, well, it LOOKS very bad on the screen, but when you put it on a computer or a TV, it is actually VERY good. (meaning, the definition of the data is good, but the screen isn't HD). I absolutely love this camera and would recommand anyone who wants to get the best out of the least.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality for money but please read! Not for a Mac, July 27, 2011
I bought this to use but ended giving it to my son. I really loved the price. Cannot find anything even close in this price range.
I found that the picture quality is as good as my Cannon Elf and Video is just as good and the file size is much smaller than the Cannon.
I love the portability due to its size. The screen size is just right. Sound is great too. Battery life is great last all day for me no problem.
I liked that it comes with a case for your belt.
I do have some things about that I do not like.
I do not like the button controls as they are abit unuser friendly and are too many. Could have just used a 4 way rocker like most do.
I have a very hard time trying to use it and make any adjustments while just using one hand.
I cannot use it with my Mac and there is no support for Macs that is why I gave it to my son.
So to sum it up if you have a pc then it is great for the money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camcorder for the size, price and abilities!, April 12, 2011
Amazon Customer (Chatham, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a good little camcorder!
It is the only one, at this price point, where you can flip the viewscreen around and actually see yourself while video blogging!
(The current FLIP, Sony Bloggie, and Kodak, equivalents, do not let you see the viewscreen while recording yourself.)

It doesn't deserve 1 star... I doubt that review was about the S30... it probably was about the S20.

Anyways, for the price, especially on sale for $99; you can't go wrong.

2.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba S30 playback disapointment, April 14, 2011
Can you believe this?
I talked to Toshiba support twice and they confirmed that there's no way to remove it.
Why in the world would I want to see the batterry life indicator constantly on the screen even when I'm using the A.C/ adapter?
Sorry Toshiba, but you need to get advice from Sony & Panasonic on how to eliminate this problem.
If I didn't get a deal on this at Amazon for $99.99 it would had already been sent back but when you download the video from the camera to a computer with MP4 files the problem is eliminated. However, I cannot copy the video direct to my DVD recorder without seeing the time lapse and battery indicator at the top of the screen.
Also, it's very difficult for the touch screen to work.
Most of the time I have to press the desired function 3 or 4 times.
Otherwise, a pretty nice camera.

UPDATE:

I have decided to keep the Toshiba even with the above mentioned problem.
However, I almost returned it for another reason:
When I'm in the menu and I touch the screen for "Video Settings" there are additonal settings available which requires scrolling down on the touch screen.
There's an arrow pointing down but nothing happens when I touch the arrow or place my finger at the top of the screen and scroll down to the bottom.
Toshiba customer service could not figure out the problem but I accidentally did.
Although the owners manual says to Scroll down in the direction of the arrow, you actually scroll up in order to scroll down. When the arrow points up you scroll down with your finger to go up.
Why Toshiba does not explain this in the owners manual or to their customer service representatives is beyond me.
Now, if only they could do a firmware update to remove the battery indicator and time of clip of the video while watching it with the HDMI or Video out connected to a TV.

Additional update:
I recently bought a battery and charger from 3 different sellers on ebay and all 3 sent a NP 60 battery for my S30 camera which is too big and too thick.
One of the sellers was here in the U.S. while the other 2 were in China.
The funny thing is the actual battery that comes with the S30 is made in China but these sellers insisted that they sent the right battery/charger and so far I'm not receiving a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good barn camera, October 22, 2011
I wanted a camera I could put in my barn to deliver an HDMI signal to my house so I could see what my animals were doing. A lot of cameras wouldn't do it, this one does:
Live feed out the HDMI port.
Doesn't turn off after set time.
Accepts external power.
It can also do time lapse (which I always wanted to play with) and motion detect, although the motion has to be big to trigger the camera. Still, put next to a bird feeder, it would catch when birds are there.
BTW, a year ago, it seemed that sending HDMI signals 300 ft. would be very expensive, with modems needed on either end of two parallel network cables. Now, repeaters are ~$20 and 50 ft HDMI cables are less than $15. This cheap stuff is working well, no signal degredation.
Yes, it's not the greatest camera, but it's the best I could find for my needs, and it's cheap.

4.0 out of 5 stars great video...fuzzy pictures, May 27, 2011
Got this camera just before going on vacation. Used it to capture memories on our first cruise. It was handy, using the case included, and wore it on my belt whereever we went. Video is better than expected, and is easy to use. Camera shots tend to blur with the least movement. Ususally had to take 2-3 shots just to have one photo to keep. Overall I am pleased, with the size, and convenience, and continue to wear it at work for some video and photo opportunities.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Cam for the price, May 27, 2011
This Handycam's biggest feature is its compatibility and size.. very easy to sync or play on TV.. The picture quality is astounding and true HD picture quality cannot be beaten for the price.
I read touch screen issues in other review but haven't had any problems since i got it..3 months now.. i guess if you just get a faulty one it is possible.. but every camera or camcorder will have one in couple of thousands that has a issue.. guess I'm not the unfortunate one.

The only real issue i have is that the camera is 8MP but i guess for a camcorder w/camera it is a good one.Except the MP camera works stupendously.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fuzzy HD????, May 16, 2011
I got this camera thinking I was going to have this beautiful clear video with ease. I have tried multiple settings and kept the camera very still. It never appears to be HD. It's always a little fuzzy. It gets exponentially worse when I zoom. This was a terrible purchase. Not even worth $99 dollars. My old cell phone shoots better video.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial Thoughts - Terrific, May 17, 2011
I put this video camera across the room and started recording (I used the tri-pod, which is the only thing that's kinda lame about this camera), the I hooked it up to my LED HD TV and the picture just about blew me away. My dogs saw themselves on the TV and were glued to it. Pretty cool machine

Toshiba Camileo S30 Full HD Camcorder (Silver/Black)
$179.99 $89.99