|Hard Drive||1 TB Portable|
2 Year Data Recovery Planfrom FA Service Plans
- If your drive stops working, the Seagate Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new single-disk external hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction). Not eligible on enterprise class or multi-drive devices
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
Toshiba Canvio Slim II 1TB Portable External Hard Drive, Silver (HDTD210XS3E1)
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.00 (40%)|
- The Canvio Slim II lets you store your files in a centralized place next to your computer, giving you easy access to your files whenever you need them.
- Safeguard your valuable data Preloaded easy-to-use backup software, o Schedule automatic backup File, folder and full system backup and recovery Password-Protected encryption for your backed up files (up to 256-bit)
- PC and Mac Compatible Toshiba Canvio Slim II Portable Drives are preformatted NTFS for Windows 8, 7, and Windows XP. Plus, the drive comes with a NTFS driver for Mac allowing you to store and access files from the PC and Mac without reformatting.
- Access and share content from any device anywhere via the internet Upload and download content from any device easily. Share massive files and folders instantly from your PC and Canvio Slim II
- Mobile & Secure Access content remotely from mobile devices. Back up content from your mobile devices PC & Mac compatible. Stores and access files from PC and Mac without reformatting Password lock feature to prevent unauthorized drive access
- Lifetime 10GB of free cloud storage
- Storage companion for your Ultra books (TM) Slim and lightweight design. Sleek brushed aluminum finish
- Peace of Mind - 3 - year limited warranty included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Toshiba Canvio Slim II 1TB Portable External Hard Drive, Silver (HDTD210XS3E1)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Jen & Joe's Tech Business|
|Hard Disk Size||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Portable||Portable||External||Portable|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
The hard drive itself is constructed very well; it has a very sturdy feeling metal casing that looks very high quality. It is very slim and small in dimensions, roughly the size of a modern smartphone. It also has a neat LED feature that is blue when connected to USB 3.0 ports, and white when connected to USB 2.0 ports. The device draws power from your USB port, so no external power supply is needed. Toshiba also includes a micro USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 cable, so you can immediately plug and play at the high speeds USB 3.0 has to offer.
Transfer rates with this device are very quick. I'm seeing write speeds of around 120 MB/sec for copy/paste folder backup. I also did a full system backup (about 165GB) in about 25 minutes.
This device also comes with this cool software called pogoplug. It's normally a $30 software package that allows you to use this hard drive or any hard drive as a cloud storage device that you can access from any other computer/phone/tablet using WiFi or data connection. I haven't messed around with it a lot yet but it seems like a pretty useful program and a neat addition to this product.
I gave this hard drive a 5 star review because of its great construction, quality, and high speed transfer rates. That being said, the backup software included with this item is pretty terrible. Not only is it painfully slow, but did not allow me to successfully create a full system image backup, which is a very basic feature. Supposedly this software is capable of this, but I was unable to get it to work and tech support has not been able to help me either.Read more ›
This is an "portable" hard drive meaning all it needs is a USB plug into your computer to transfer the data and get power from. That means you don't have to plug in an AC adapter to your wall socket. I prefer these hard drives over the kind that require an AC adapter every time. This will also work with USB 2.0 adapters the speeds for 2.0 transfers are still fast enough for most users at about a gigabyte of data every 30 to 40 seconds.
This hard drive is Mac compatible just follow the steps below to format the hard drive for your Mac. If you're a Mac user setting up or erasing this drive up with your computer is super easy follow these steps.
1. Plug in the the drive
2. Open up disk utility found in your applications folder inside the utilities folder
3. Next select the newly plugged in a drive and on the right-hand side you should see partition click on that.
4. Then inside that screen on the partition layout drop-down choose how many partitions you'd like to set up. I generally go with one partition and just use folders to organize my files.
5. Then on the right-hand side you can name the partitions and select the format.Read more ›
The USB3 interface and the drive control board are one a single printed circuit board.
Why is this seriously bad?
Because USB connectors, particularly USB3 connectors, are quite fragile and subject to damage. Every time the connector is inserted or removed is an opportunity for something to go wrong. And when something goes wrong, you cannot recover the data on your drive.
I'm working on one right now that has a small business's bookkeeping file on it. Usual procedure with a problem is to remove the drive and try to recover the files on a separate drive enclosure, using the standard SATA connection.
However, this drive doesn't have a SATA connection. Or any other standard connection, other than the USB3 connector, which, as I mentioned, is fragile and easily damaged. I cannot recommend people use this drive to back up their data because its design makes it so subject to unrecoverable failures.
The case is actual brushed metal, not just metal-colored plastic as in the Seagate silver drive. I have one of the seagate drives also (the black one: Seagate Backup Portable External STBU1000100 and this is just a tad smaller, maybe a half a centimeter shorter and narrower. Height (the smallest dimension) is about the same. The Toshiba is quite a bit lighter, though.
They both seem pretty stable—haven't had either for longer than a few months. So far so good.
Upside to the seagate drive is the detachable adapter usable on any laptop size hard drive. Unless you need that functionality, I'd recommend this Toshiba one instead.
P.S.: I'm not reviewing read/write speeds because I'm still operating with USB 2.0 ports.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The instructions basically say plug it in and see if it works. The auto download feature could not be activated after more than 2 hours of tries. Read morePublished 3 hours ago by Cornelus Van Milligen
Was surprised about the size and weight of It I thought it would be bigger but it's a perfect size, love how it works for Mac and PC makes things easier for me and the smooth... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
I am irritated at this product. I have a thousand files from my old computer and I can't open any of the files off of this device. mafanucturer does not help. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Ben Vande Ven
The item was received on time. It looks sleek and compact as expected. The only thing that worries me is that when I connect it or when it starts it makes a weird noise that... Read morePublished 9 days ago by Gipsyazul
No complaints. Works well with Time Machine on my new iMac. A no brainer.Published 11 days ago by Riko