Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 28, 2015
Had to return the first unit I ordered because of video playback distortion on the VCR that developed after a few days. After I quickly received a replacement unit from Amazon it has performed flawlessly during all aspects of operation. Very happy with my purchase. Not terribly upset with the problems I encountered with the first unit, these thing happen from time to time.
on November 29, 2013
I returned the item because it would not record to a DVD. The recorder was noisy and did not do what it was suppose to do. I was very unhappy with the purchase and returned the item.
on June 3, 2013
I think that I figured out how to dub my VHS tapes to DVD; I selected the XP recording mode. The problem is the color and resolution of the resulting DVD is not as good as the original VHS; the reds are muted and appear pinkish, and the video resolution is not as sharp and detailed.
1) What do I need to do to improve the color
2) What do I need to do to improve the resolution

Also, I was really frustrated that I couldn't reach a person to talk with about this problem. I called the Toshiba Customer Service at (800) 319-6684 or (800) 631-3811 and the voice system directed me to this site https://support.toshiba.com/support/acclaim/welcome which then recommends me to call (800) 319-6684 or (800) 631-3811. So I was sent around in circles.
1) What is the phone number I should call to get a live person to talk with?
on May 27, 2015
this is the second exact one that I have purchased. Had to purchase this one because I had DVD's that weren't finalized and had a lot to tape from my Comcast box. Sometime the same problem as the previous one when I start to tape and hit pause, then hit record the voice doesn't record. I don't know why but it is a machine so I play the recording back to make sure it taped. Otherwise this is a great product. You can also unfinalize the DVD depending on the DVD you have. The price I originally paid is now almost double which surprised me but this vendor came thru and delivery was earlier than expected and well packed. I would recommend this product hands down and the seller also. Now I just finalize just in case. The original one even with a 2 year warranty broke just after the warranty expired. How ironic. This is my 3rd DVD/VCR recorder and player and it is convenient to have this feature for recording. The DVD recording is much better than on a VCR tape.
on August 26, 2014
The unit came faster then expected with all the features I was looking for. My partner uses it all the time for making DVDs off the cable and his old VCR tapes. I could not have picked a better unit for the price. I shopped around for a month to land on this unit. was worth the wait. It is also very hard to find a combo unit that records on both sides. Thanks
on October 1, 2012
The Toshiba VHS/DVD Recorder is an excellent product. The instructions are a bit hard to follow but they have customer service.
It is easy to use once you learn how to use it and works well. I would recommend it.
on September 7, 2014
This machine helped me save VHS recordings that were over twenty years old while upgrading the video. Some of the audio was not as succinct due to the deficiencies in magnetic tape and questionable VHS storage techniques (my bad). BUT NOW the videos are "digital" in DVD's and will last forever....... PRICELESS.
on November 24, 2014
The Toshiba DVR620 Recorder seems to be a more up-to-date, improved model with better technology and features. It plays all my DVD video formats, and my older VHS tapes. Nice remote control too. A good price for the quality design and components.
on August 28, 2009
I have about 100 vhs that are taking up too much space.... even old bad vhs are playing stable enough to record to the DVD.... Toshiba makes great dvd burners.....

Ron Humer
on December 20, 2014
I purchased this DVD recorder to transfer commercial VHS movies I own onto DVDs. This system does not work on Disney movies, but many of my VHS movies did transfer. The process is super easy. You just put your VHS tape in and play it to the point you want to record. Press the stop button. Then, press the DVD button on the remote, then the dubbing button.