Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Toshiba DVR620.. I recenetly bought one, and can't for the life of me, figure out how to record TV shows (mainly sport events) with it. The guy at Best buy said I wouldnt need a tuner because I'd be watching the show while recording it. So is there a trick to it? Or do I need the tuner? And if I do, what tuner should I get? I have an older TV, its not an HD LCD or anything like that. It just has basic RCA cable ports and the basic cable port. (I have basic cable by the way, no Directv or anything like that.)
asked by Shannon M. Lechien on January 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Disconnect the RCA plugs that come out of your cable box, from your TV and plug them into the INPUT jacks on the back of your Toshiba - this is the L1 input. Now plug the output jacks from the Toshiba into your TV - color coded RED, WHITE, and YELLOW. Turn on the Toshiba and use the remote to switch to L1 - button at very top left INPUT SELECT.
Kindle Customer answered on January 7, 2012
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Shannon, how are you receiving your broadcast?
Joseph Schlosser answered on June 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I dont have a cable box...
Shannon M. Lechien answered on January 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
to vcr tape... should work if you set the time in setup, and the record times in the list.
on page 39 of the owners manual has the timer recording..
1. connect external tuner to L1 or L2 set output video signals
2. don't change the external channel while recording, you can't do both
3. check the clock setting for accuracy start time
4. insert tape to record to... i haven't tried going to dvd
5. set record time to 2 minutes before what you want to record

timer program (up to six different schedules)
a. create a named timer program ie BsketBall
b. current date time
c recording length of time ie 2 hrs
d. timer program list
C. Glazier answered on February 4, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just got mine delivered and here I am looking for help. @George- thanks for your input, You helped me get mine up and running. @Shannon - I can't help you but if I find out I will be back to update my post.
jaminT5 answered on January 31, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product