Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 27, 2013
The device did have some issues initially (1st purchased in September 2012) which included that I could not plug in the docking station until after my notebook booted up; small problem; but after the firmware update in December that is cured. Just purchased new laptop so passed off my Toshiba to another staff using one of these now on a Dell with no problems; Three monitors is great - 2 24 inch and the 17 inch note book.

The 3.0 ports work great; can not think of any negatives after the firmware update.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
I like this docking station and there was little to do in getting things running. Make sure you load the latest drivers from Toshiba as my displays were not working correctly. plug and is the name of the game with this device! I no longer am a slave to a tower computer, now I can use my laptop for both, I am not at all disappointed with this purchase!!! I found Amazon to have the best price as well.
on August 28, 2012
This dock seems 100% awesome, at a glance......but it does not come with all required drivers to get it to work properly. The LAN and audio drivers are either not present or not complete files. It was also recommended to download the drivers directly from their website...those also are incomplete.

Tshiba was thoughtful enough to dedicate a customer service line just for Dynadocks......but when you call, they have some sap, who sounds like his job is the scourge of his life, direct you to the FAQ on their website. THAT'S THE EXTENT OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR DYNADOCKS!!

Long story short, they do not have the proper software available to supoort their own product or make it work properly. How do businesses stay alive doing this?

Returned to buy something from a different manufacturer.

Good luck with that, Toshiba!
on July 16, 2014
This has worked great with my Toshiba laptop making it much easier to connect and quickly disconnect to my office setup which includes a monitor, several hard drives, a 26 " monitor and two printers.
on November 25, 2013
Using a few of these allows me to connect my Surface Pro tablet to six additional monitors. It works well most of the time, but it is a bit glitchy. Every so often a reinstall of the drivers (from the displaylink.com website) seems to solve issues. I also quite often have to turn the monitors off and back on before the connect.
on October 19, 2012
Pros
1. So far working good with USB2.0

Cons.
1. USB code is only 3 feet long. Wished it was at least 6 feet long.
2. Some time monitor go blank for a few seconds and then come back.
3. Wish it had a feature to charge the laptop also.
4. Big problem I have. I connected the dock to monitor using HDMI. My monitor has speaker. Now when I connect a head phone to the front of the dock, sound comes from both speaker and head phone. I could not find a solution for this. I assume when we connect the head phone, sound should only comes through head phone.

Talked to Toshiba customer support, but they do not do any tech support on the phone. Told me to look at the website. So not much help. Still thinking on returning it.
on September 26, 2013
I just recieved my unit today to replace a Targus unit that myself nor their support could ever get working. After uninstalling and cleanning the Targus installation I rebooted and installed the latest software and drviers for my new Toshiba DynaDock. I plugged it in and it worked immediately including the gigabit ethernet, sound, all the USB ports, and all 3 screens. I was able to run a Webex session without locking up and the mouse and screen refresh is far superior to the Targus unit. I should have done this before spending a year of frustration trying to get the other unit working. Targus even replaced the unit but the problems were never resolved. This unit uses the DisplayLink software and drivers (same as Targus), but the Toshiba hardware is far superior in my opinion.

Dell Insprion 17r Model 7720 i7 2nd gen processor, 8 gb ram, nvidia graphics.

I will post if anything changes.
on September 17, 2014
I have had many problems with this product. It doesn't work with Windows 8. It takes all the connections but the monitor. When I try to get the drivers from the Toshiba web page it says that according to the serial number it is not a product for USA...
on January 27, 2013
This is a great dock and works really well. Printer, ethernet, speakers, various USB connections for external drives work really well. I leave the wireless mouse connector right in the laptop so its there when I move it around. I had trouble with the external monitor however. It connects but there seems to be a lag in the screen response.
I use this with a Toshiba Laptop. Another nice thing about it is that it stands up and doesn't take up a lot of room on the desk. USB 3.0 is really important if you have USB 3.0 on your laptop. The speed is incredibly fast. Another bonus is that you can charge all your USB devices such as iPODS, ereaders and phones in the front port of the dock, even if your computer is off. Amazon had the best price on this one.
on May 16, 2013
Ordered this for an office and it is a huge space saver! The only issue I had was that the "ports" are two close together when trying to attach two monitors so we had to go and purchase an adapter cord to make it work. Overall we have had no issues.