5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, Speed, and Graphics
Published on May 15, 2012 by JiggaEd

I found this comment on the CNET page, and I couldn't say it better:

----------------------------------------

Dear Fellow Excite Owners:

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION! Only 177 more signers to go!
[...]

The reason we cannot root the Toshiba Excite currently, is because Toshiba decided to LOCK THE BOOTLOADER!
In order to be...
Published 22 months ago by Everplex Media LLC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, Speed, and Graphics, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Toshiba Excite 10 LE AT205-T16 10.1-Inch 16GB Tablet (Magnesium Silver) (Personal Computers)
I love this tablet... It's my first tablet purchase and has been waiting and hesitant for quite a while. This tablet is super thin and sleek. The system is fast and simple enough to navigate. I've had the system for several days now, using it mainly for internet, emails, and pic/videos and has been very pleased. The camera did come below my expectations, the pictures did come out grainy. However, the speed and graphics are excellent, which are primarily my purpose for purchasing this tablet... for its portability to browse the internet, play games, and view pictures and videos. I've loaded several games that I have in my phone and been enjoying the bigger screen and the better graphics. Excite did it for me, it has the size, speed, graphics and portability.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, except needs Root Access. Once root access then 5 stars, October 26, 2012
I found this comment on the CNET page, and I couldn't say it better:

----------------------------------------

Dear Fellow Excite Owners:

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION! Only 177 more signers to go!
[...]

In order to be able to root, Toshiba needs to get their developers to unlock the bootloader! To get Toshiba to agree to do this, we need to get this petition signed!

Please sign it for yourself and the benefit of all Toshiba Excite (AT300, AT305, etc.) owners so we can get this tablet rooted!

You need root to:

* Increase battery life (JuiceDefender)
* Improve battery life (AutoKiller Memory Optimizer)
* Restore/make backups (Titanium Backup)
* Manage startup (Startup Auditor)
* Manage autorun programs (Autorun Manager)
* Increase SD speed (SD Speed Increase)
* Use full features of Ad-Blockers (Droid Ad-Free)
* Use Firewall
* Compile apps
* Pair PS3 controller
* Connect as bluetooth keyboard for PS3 (BluePutDroid
* And many more things you need root access for!

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted and More!, May 18, 2012
I picked this tablet up after doing quite a bit of research online. I am very pleased with my purchase. I was a little disappointed that I had to wait on the Android 4.0 update when all advertising stated it could be upgraded to 4.0. To me the advertising was misleading since I had to wait a couple months for Toshiba to put out the update. This is the perfect device for me when I don't want to sit at my computer desk or break out the laptop. It gives me another option for getting my internet fix. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice tablet that isn't the typical ASUS or iProduct.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!! JUNK!!!, April 26, 2014
Tara Garrison (DAVISON, MI, US) - See all my reviews
If you get one get the older style with the big charging port, we have both versions. The one with the micro USB charging port is utter garbage period!!! This will be the second time we had to send it in to have the charging port repaired, and one time because the digitizer quit working,mind you we only charged it a handful of times after the last repair before it quit working once again. I assume the contacts on the port itself are of crap quality and wear out, i have a cellphone with this same style charger that has been charged a million times and still works,, so it is toshibas lack of quality on this. The older one also offers micro HDMI which the new crappy one does not. But this charging issue has ticked me off to no end. This thing has been in service as much as it has been home. Oh and the digitizer went out on this one too,, so lets call it three times it has been into repairs. We are older adults and dont use it very much ( a few times a week if that)so I could only imagine how well it will last with someone who uses it frequently. The older style with the big port for charging are super reliable and offer more with the addition of micro HDMI, our son has it and its been used ALOT and never needed to be sent in as of yet. The newer ones are utter garbage steer clear of them TRUST ME!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nope., March 11, 2012
Jo MW (CA United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered the 16GB model of the Excite Friday and received it yesterday morning. After a couple hours of testing it, I did a factory re-set and it'll be going back. Here are my impressions:

*Design: Very nice; its thinness and lightness and general look is better than my first-gen iPad.
*Fit/Finish: Poor. The metal band that wraps the edges of the Excite is quite sharp, and feels as though it could be pulled away very easily.
*Performance: OK (but not great), when it's not lagging or outright freezing. Back and Home buttons were often non-responsive, and there were two outright freezes that required a hard re-start (the soft shutdown buttons didn't work, in these cases; I had to hold down the physical power button till it turned off)
*Display: A bit washed out and fuzzy, and the 'auto' brightness defaulted to a very dim screen.
*Sound: Nice and loud, but a bit harsh.
*Battery: After a couple hours, it was down to 70% (but that was pretty intensive use, so may not be a good indicator of normal battery life).
*Wi-Fi: I saw many error messages that there was no connection, but when I'd check settings the connection was there, and very strong. Definitely a bug.
*Misc: The lower left-hand corner (in landscape mode) became noticeably warm. And the power cord is thick and stiff.

I admit to being mystified as to why this product was ever released for sale--and its release lagged the initial announcement of its existence by six months, which should have been time, IMO, for Toshiba to tune it very nicely, and to launch it with ICS instead of Honeycomb.

I much prefer Android to iOS, but am just not seeing any Android tablets being released yet that don't have fatal flaws in hardware/software or in pricing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, January 2, 2014
Tracy Martin (Bristol, CT, US) - See all my reviews
Handy size, light to pack around but much easier to read than the phone. Does pretty good on speed but touch pad is a little fritzy. On screen touch varies by app. I found using my S3 pen to works when I get frustrated with it not responding or treating every tap like a triple tap. Movie options stink. This is not compatable with Directv or with Prime. That was not clear from any of the discrptions. One of the main reason for purchase was to watch movies or read books when I travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this here. They sell the 32GB at toshibadirect website for $529, May 12, 2012
Excellent tablet. It's much better and a better performance than any ipad. They have different models at Toshiba website. You can buy it cheaper from Toshiba

3.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba tablet, June 11, 2014
The picture shown showed a sim slot insert but the tablet did not have which I needed. The unit worked ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen, May 30, 2014
I bought one of these although was not from Amazon ( sorry, but got better price elsewhere). Pros: Corning Gorilla glass with bright sharp screen, very thin & lightweight, speakers get louder than most other tablets, although not as fast as my other & newer tablet with 1.6 ghz processor, it still zips along adequately to surf the internet, play most games, and watch videos with minimal or no lag problems, 5 mp rear camera includes flash for low light settings, and 2 mp front camera, hdmi output so you can connect it to a TV.. Cons: Fast tablet in 2012, but by today's standards, a little outdated although if get a good price, still worth buying it. Note: I compared it to an Ipad2 and this Toshiba is slightly better in my opinion. If you buy the Toshiba, you can immediately upgrade it to Jelly Bean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, January 2, 2014
Good battery life
'Almost' instantaneous response
No issue with multi tasking
Good price / quality ratio
Bit short of ram (12Go) if you want to put lot of Movies/ TV Shows, extendable though through Micro SD slot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›