Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba Excite AT205T16I 10.1-Inch LED 16 GB Tablet Computer - Wi-Fi
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 16, 2012
I've been a 1st generation iPad user for the past couple of years now and have been fairly content with it. With the new releases of iPad 2 and the new iPad, I haven't found anything exciting enough about it to warrant the upgrade. In fact, I've been using my iPad less and less as it basically fuctions exactly the same way as my iPhone. I've been pleased with my Toshiba laptop so I decided to give their tablet a try. This tablet is super thin, and I am very pleased with its sleek design. It's incredibly fast and easy to navigate. With the graphics and processing speed, I am able to use this tablet just as I would a laptop for browsing the web, checking email, etc. whereas I was limited to these things with the iPad. The only downside for me so far is the learning curve involved of learning a new OS in the Android system. The more I use it, the more I am starting to buy into it. In fact, I am finding that it allows for more personalization and more options in general.
33 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2012
The Excite 10 LE AT205-T16I, this thing lives up to it's name. I love this tablet it's slim design is great. Touch screen responds fast and the picture and color clarity is top notch. The built in browser is excellent and has all the features of my laptops Chrome browser. Even the built in Toshiba apps are pretty useful.This tablet is faster than both my android phone and my PC. Browsing the web is super easy and quick with this thing. The buttons for the tablet are nicely integrated in to the design and hardly noticeable and positioned for ease of use. The speakers are surprisingly powerful and clear as well. The inputs for USB, Micro SD and HDMI also add to the sleek design of the device. Now I can hook up my external hard drive or external Blu-Ray drive and watch movies on a beautiful screen that fits in to my hand. I an also very excited to download books to the Kindle app and start using it to read e-books. Overall I do not have any complaints and so far am completely satisfied.
on July 3, 2012
I just received my tablet yesterday. I was very suprised that it functioned much like my Toshiba laptop in the way of browsing. If I didn't need my laptop to do WORD documents, I would have no need for it. This tablet is truly state of the art.

I am glad I decided on this one after careful reviewing of several other tablets

Linda
on June 25, 2012
This is my first tablet, and I believe I chose the right one. I believe I have had adequate time with the Excite. I am still become more familiar with it though. I have used tablets of friends and tested in stores, but the speed of this tablet is amazing. Video streaming is smooth. The apps that I chosen to run have had no issues. I use the Amazon Kindle app on it and really enjoy it. The biggest con would be the price, but again, its one of the best on the market and the thinnest at that.
on May 21, 2012
I love this tablet... It's my first tablet purchase and has been waiting and hesitant for quite a while. This tablet is super thin and sleek. The system is fast and simple enough to navigate. I've had the system for several days now, using it mainly for internet, emails, and pic/videos and has been very pleased. The camera did come below my expectations, the pictures did come out grainy. However, the speed and graphics are excellent, which are primarily my purpose for purchasing this tablet... for its portability to browse the internet, play games, and view pictures and videos. I've loaded several games that I have in my phone and been enjoying the bigger screen and the better graphics. Excite did it for me, it has the size, speed, graphics and portability.
on October 15, 2012
So far so good!

Hubby loves it! Hubby bought me the thrive for last christmas.
He uses it for his night time security work also.

And since i was travelling solo with a 15 month old, I needed a tablet so our LO can watching her mickey mouse on the plane.

I didn't have cash, so i applied for Amazon credit and was instantly approved. Used the credit to purchase this and to surprise my husband.

The difference between the thrive and excite, thrive uses WPA wireless and excite uses the weaker WEP!!!!

I had to call Toshiba tech support after registering the tablet online.

Thankfully we have a netgear router that allows us to have 4 wireless access points. So I went into the router and configured and created a wireless access point with WEP encryption, after doing so, the excite tablet was able to accept and add the wireless connection, when before it was a WPA connection, the wireless on the tablet would just go round and round and round and it was never accept the connection (we also had the thrive and 2 HP laptops connected to the WPA wireless connection at home, so we knew there was nothing wrong with the router).

Other than the wireless issue, it is very THIN and SLEEK. I also purchased the MOKO cover to protect the tablet on journeys.
on March 27, 2013
bought this for my tour in Afghanistan with a few reservations having never owned a tablet. I like the fact that it has the Micro-SD reader. I use my laptop to jump movies or music onto the Micro-SD card and have about 30 something hours of movies and music to listen to when away from my laptop. I like the slim design, It is light weight, and fits easily into my side pocket. I enjoy the Google Play and Amazon App store so i can download apps from my laptop directly to my Tablet without touching the tablet. I thoroughly enjoy the fact i can boost the sound. With doing a lot of flying in military aircraft the noise gets a little deafening. With the sound boost it helps a lot. It is easy to use right out of the box, I do not remember if it came with instructions or not, I did not need them anyway. It has been about 6 months of owning this tablet, with daily use and abuse, and it still works great. No complaints.
on November 14, 2012
So far so good. i have almost two weeks using this tablet and it works perfectly. Maybe it is a little bit expensive, but all the apps work good. Internet is fast (i have 4g internet, that could help); Also, free video chat on Tango works perfect. It has a good picture quality, and play HD videos perfect.
on August 12, 2013
I received this tablet for Christmas and have used it almost daily since then (about 8 months).

Pros:
1. Light, thin, easy to carry
2. Touch screen is very responsive
3. Screen is bright
4. Battery lasts a reasonable time.
5. Works well with bluetooth items

Cons:
1. Craps out every few hours
2. Drops the wifi connection frequently and sometimes cannot find it even when the transmitter is in the same room
3. Camera is terrible. Photos are always fuzzy.
4. charger connection is on the bottom edge of the tablet (opposite the camera) which makes it difficult to prop up when it is charging. Yes, you can flip it 180 degrees, but that puts the camera on the bottom and makes Skyping difficult. Yes, you can flip it 90 degrees so the connection is on the side, but if you are typing anything the text is quite small.

As an entry level tablet, this one is probably OK, but there are less expensive ones available. If you are looking for something more dependable or if you take a lot of photos, this is not the tablet for you.

On the whole, I would find it difficult to recommend this tablet to anyone. When the next generation of Microsoft's tablet comes out, I think I will be looking to change to that.
on August 21, 2013
This tablet is quite complete. Brings ports for hdmi (micro), additional memory and to plug in to PC or charger. Unlike iPads or other tablets that have one universal port which makes you have to buy a lot more stuff to get it working with everything. Size is great and android works great. Strong tablet dropped it a few times still working properly.