Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
OK when it is working
on August 12, 2013
I received this tablet for Christmas and have used it almost daily since then (about 8 months).
1. Light, thin, easy to carry
2. Touch screen is very responsive
3. Screen is bright
4. Battery lasts a reasonable time.
5. Works well with bluetooth items
1. Craps out every few hours
2. Drops the wifi connection frequently and sometimes cannot find it even when the transmitter is in the same room
3. Camera is terrible. Photos are always fuzzy.
4. charger connection is on the bottom edge of the tablet (opposite the camera) which makes it difficult to prop up when it is charging. Yes, you can flip it 180 degrees, but that puts the camera on the bottom and makes Skyping difficult. Yes, you can flip it 90 degrees so the connection is on the side, but if you are typing anything the text is quite small.
As an entry level tablet, this one is probably OK, but there are less expensive ones available. If you are looking for something more dependable or if you take a lot of photos, this is not the tablet for you.
On the whole, I would find it difficult to recommend this tablet to anyone. When the next generation of Microsoft's tablet comes out, I think I will be looking to change to that.